[Semi-OT] Fraggle Rock movie stalled

Your Name

Mar 29, 2011, 5:29:14 PM3/29/11
From ComingSoon.net ...

Fraggle Rock Film Stalled
--------------------------------------
Some unfortunate news for fans of the Jim Henson puppet series
Fraggle Rock; development on a film version seems to be stalled
with no available word on when or if it will move forward. Director
Cory Edwards offered the below update on his personal website
(via /Film):

Many, many, many of you have repeatedly asked for
some kind of update on the Fraggle Rock movie. The
truth is, I got nothin'. There's nothing to report except
that The Weinstein Company has everything they
need to move forward, and the ball is in their court.
They've talked about getting a new writer, which I'm
willing to do. They've talked about starting over from
scratch, which I'm willing to do. But I have not heard
a peep from their camp in almost a year. I completely
sympathize with all of you that are waiting for a movie,
but let's all remember that the next best thing to
making a Fraggle movie is avoiding making a BAD
ONE. So at least we're doing that.

Until something new happens to awaken the project
from its deep coma, we can at least enjoy the
untainted TV series on DVD and The Hub Network.
As for me, I'm already working on new things. I hope
you'll stick around and check in here. I'll be
announcing my next project very, very soon.

Edwards, responsible for the 2005 animated film Hoodwinked!
was announced in connection to Fraggle Rock nearly three
years ago, but little has been heard about the project since.

The original show premiered on HBO in 1983, ran five seasons
and was broadcast in more than 80 countries.