What is this Kermit Doll?

Seth A. Marquette

Mar 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/16/97

I just purchased a Kermit Doll at an Antique/Collectible shop. I am
wondering how old it is. He has velco on his hands and flippers, and
his entire body feels like it is made from the soft side of velcro.

How old is he?

Why the velcro theme?

I got him for $10, he is in Fair/good condition. Was that a decent
price?

Thanks,
Seth

sa...@arizona.edu

Mar 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/17/97
to Seth A. Marquette

Seth A. Marquette wrote:

> I just purchased a Kermit Doll at an Antique/Collectible shop. I am
> wondering how old it is. He has velco on his hands and flippers, and
> his entire body feels like it is made from the soft side of velcro.
>
> How old is he?
>
> Why the velcro theme?
>
> Thanks,
> Seth

Around the time of The Great Muppet Caper, I received a Kermit dressed
in an overcoat and hat. He had velcro on his hands so you can pose
him. It came in a flower arrangement as a Thank you from someone who
knew I like Muppets (you think the Piggy calender was a giveaway???) I
don't know if they bought it separately or if the florist had it as an
add-on.

dentalglobe.com

Mar 17, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/17/97
to sa...@arizona.edu

sa...@arizona.edu wrote:

> Seth A. Marquette wrote:
> >
> > I just purchased a Kermit Doll at an Antique/Collectible shop. I am
> > wondering how old it is. He has velco on his hands and flippers, and
> > his entire body feels like it is made from the soft side of velcro.
> >
> > How old is he?
> >
> > Why the velcro theme?

I had one as a child so it must be at least 20 years old. It had velcro
hooks on hands and feet while the rest of it was made of velcro fuzz so
you could do crazy poses with it. I HAD that doll plus Fozzie with a
rubber hat and polka dot tie.

Brian Murphy
--
[----------------------- Dental Globe ----------------------]
[---------------------- (800) 475-8605 ---------------------]

mrc...@ix.netcom.com

Mar 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/18/97

There are two Kermits matching this description one is about 12" long
and one is about 20" long. These were made by Fisher Price in about
1976, I've seen them go for $10-$25 depending on condition.
Hope that helps.
Beth Crew

Ajaye Black

Mar 18, 1997, 3:00:00 AM3/18/97

I have one of these Kermits too, with the squares of velcro on his hands
and feet. My grandmother bought it for me when I was three and
then it was brand new. (So I guess that makes it about 18 years old.)
I am afraid I do not have any idea how much it would be worth now though.

Hope this is of some help.
Ajaye.

diyan...@gmail.com

Oct 11, 2013, 9:14:13 PM10/11/13