Google Groepen ondersteunt geen nieuwe Usenet-berichten of -abonnementen meer. Historische content blijft zichtbaar.

Google celebrates Jim Henson's 75th Birthday

5 weergaven
Naar het eerste ongelezen bericht

Your Name

ongelezen,
23 sep 2011, 22:01:1923-09-2011
aan

Google has changed their logo to celebrate what would have been Jim
Henson's 75th birthday.
http://www.google.co.nz/logos/2011/henson11-hp.jpg

Apparently, if you go to the Google website, then on some computers (maybe
it's Flash driven, which doesn't work on my computer) when you move the
mouse fast enough, the glasses on the second Muppet character fly off.
:-)

Johannes Kleese

ongelezen,
24 sep 2011, 06:10:0324-09-2011
aan
> Google has changed their logo to celebrate what would have been Jim
> Henson's 75th birthday.
> http://www.google.co.nz/logos/2011/henson11-hp.jpg
>
> Apparently, if you go to the Google website, then on some computers (maybe
> it's Flash driven, which doesn't work on my computer)

No, just HTML, CSS & Javascript. Should work in any current browser, no
plugins needed.

> when you move the mouse fast enough, the glasses on the second Muppet
> character fly off. :-)

Just wait a while to see what happens on the right :)

Your Name

ongelezen,
24 sep 2011, 17:14:2224-09-2011
aan
In article <4e7dac75$0$7611$9b4e...@newsspool1.arcor-online.net>,
Johannes Kleese <j.kl...@arcor.de> wrote:

> > Google has changed their logo to celebrate what would have been Jim
> > Henson's 75th birthday.
> > http://www.google.co.nz/logos/2011/henson11-hp.jpg
> >
> > Apparently, if you go to the Google website, then on some computers (maybe
> > it's Flash driven, which doesn't work on my computer)
>
> No, just HTML, CSS & Javascript. Should work in any current browser, no
> plugins needed.

Mine's not "current" (Firefox 1, copyright 2005), so that will be why it's
just a static image on my computer. :-(

Johannes Kleese

ongelezen,
25 sep 2011, 04:36:4725-09-2011
aan
>> No, just HTML, CSS & Javascript. Should work in any current browser, no
>> plugins needed.
>
> Mine's not "current" (Firefox 1, copyright 2005), so that will be why it's
> just a static image on my computer. :-(

If possible, you should get an update, and be it just for the sake of
security.

Firefox 3.6, which I use once in a while, is not current either, but
still maintained, and runs smoothly on my older machine (unlike the
recent releases). Plus it supports all interesting muppet technology.

Apart from that, I'd suggest to take a look at Opera, too. Small
footprint, fewer updates, definitly muppet compatible.

http://www.mozilla.org/firefox/all-older.html
http://www.opera.com/products/

Your Name

ongelezen,
25 sep 2011, 17:06:2825-09-2011
aan
In article <4e7ee81f$0$6584$9b4e...@newsspool3.arcor-online.net>,
Unfortunately that's the newest version that will run on my computer - it
is a 13 year old Mac running 10 year old Mac OS X 10.1. :-)
0 nieuwe berichten