Doctor Who - Sleep No More - REview with Spoliers

The Doctor

Nov 14, 2015, 10:15:12 PM11/14/15
9/10 !!

Gods?? All right Moffat just with the times.

Only one Goid exists in eternity.

So who found this scary?

Sleep deprivation!! Nice subject!!

The Rasmussen bit, a Sandman hoax.

38th Centruy AD. Great catalism realigns Earth and hence
Japan and India are close together.

Sandmen? Scary.

I find sleep deprivation moreso!

So the Rasmussen man is responsible for the abomination.

Wiat! A rescue team from Triton?

Can humanity establish a colony on Triton?

So The rescue team is mostly wped out and
the Doctor and Team have to the Morpheus project.

Clara is infected. what about others?

Remember LAst Christmas?

I cannot wait until next week!
http://www.fullyfollow.me/rootnl2k Look at Psalms 14 and 53 on Atheism
To find a fault is easy; to do better may be difficult. -Plutarch

TB

Nov 15, 2015, 12:53:46 AM11/15/15
On Saturday, November 14, 2015 at 7:15:12 PM UTC-8, The Doctor wrote:
> 9/10 !!
>
> Gods?? All right Moffat just with the times.
>
> Only one Goid exists in eternity.
>
> So who found this scary?
>
> Sleep deprivation!! Nice subject!!
>
> The Rasmussen bit, a Sandman hoax.
>
> 38th Centruy AD. Great catalism realigns Earth and hence
> Japan and India are close together.
>
> Sandmen? Scary.
>
> I find sleep deprivation moreso!
>
> So the Rasmussen man is responsible for the abomination.
>
> Wiat! A rescue team from Triton?
>
> Can humanity establish a colony on Triton?
>
> So The rescue team is mostly wped out and
> the Doctor and Team have to the Morpheus project.
>
> Clara is infected. what about others?
>
> Remember LAst Christmas?
>
> I cannot wait until next week!

Will Clara have to blow herself up, thus ending her run as a Companion?

TB

Nov 15, 2015, 1:27:12 AM11/15/15
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1
1

Those Sandmen must be very sensitive to gravity tides! When the Doctor sabotages the gravity shields, the tides generated by Neptune are enough to crumble them!

Why would grav shields be needed? Wouldn't the station's orbit about Neptune result in an effective zero gravity field (like astronauts being in zero gravity when they are on the International Space Station)?

Or is the station hovering over Neptune like a helicopter?

Jerry Brown

Nov 15, 2015, 5:32:45 AM11/15/15
On Sun, 15 Nov 2015 03:15:11 -0000 (UTC), doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca
(The Doctor) wrote:

>9/10 !!
>
>Gods?? All right Moffat just with the times.
>
>Only one Goid exists in eternity.
>
>38th Centruy AD. Great catalism realigns Earth and hence
>Japan and India are close together.

...which explains why the dominant faith at that time might be
something other than Judeo-Christian based.

--
Jerry Brown

A cat may look at a king
(but probably won't bother)

TB

Nov 15, 2015, 6:01:42 AM11/15/15
On Saturday, November 14, 2015 at 7:15:12 PM UTC-8, The Doctor wrote:
> 9/10 !!
>
> Gods?? All right Moffat just with the times.
Religious nit-picking?

My stepdad said that there was only one God, but each religion sees a different version/aspect of Him. Some religions just perceive multiple Gods.

> Only one Goid exists in eternity.

What is a Goid? Some new alien race?

> So who found this scary?

Me!

> Sleep deprivation!! Nice subject!!
>
> The Rasmussen bit, a Sandman hoax.
>
> 38th Centruy AD. Great catalism realigns Earth and hence
> Japan and India are close together.

What happened to China?

TB

Nov 15, 2015, 6:03:13 AM11/15/15
On Saturday, November 14, 2015 at 7:15:12 PM UTC-8, The Doctor wrote:
> 9/10 !!
>
> Gods?? All right Moffat just with the times.
>
> Only one Goid exists in eternity.
>
> So who found this scary?
>
> Sleep deprivation!! Nice subject!!
>
> The Rasmussen bit, a Sandman hoax.
>
> 38th Centruy AD. Great catalism realigns Earth and hence
> Japan and India are close together.
>
> Sandmen? Scary.
>
> I find sleep deprivation moreso!
>
> So the Rasmussen man is responsible for the abomination.
>
> Wiat! A rescue team from Triton?
>
> Can humanity establish a colony on Triton?
>
> So The rescue team is mostly wped out and
> the Doctor and Team have to the Morpheus project.

What does "have to the Morpheus project" mean?

TB

Nov 15, 2015, 6:05:32 AM11/15/15
On Saturday, November 14, 2015 at 7:15:12 PM UTC-8, The Doctor wrote:
> 9/10 !!
>

> 38th Centruy AD. Great catalism realigns Earth and hence
> Japan and India are close together.

What is a "catalism"?

> Clara is infected. what about others?

Anyone who has used a Morpheus box!

> Remember LAst Christmas?

You say that the Dream Crabs are involved?

Agamemnon

Nov 15, 2015, 7:18:22 AM11/15/15
The gravity on Neptune is almost exactly the same as that on earth.
There shouldn't be any need for gravity shields at all. A quick search
on google should have told the writers and producers of the show that.

Bill Jillians

Nov 15, 2015, 8:32:06 AM11/15/15
In message <n28tbv$ai7$1...@ns2.nl2k.ab.ca>, The Doctor
<doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> writes
>9/10 !!
>
>Gods?? All right Moffat just with the times.
>
>Only one Goid exists in eternity.
>
>So who found this scary?
>
>Sleep deprivation!! Nice subject!!
>
>The Rasmussen bit, a Sandman hoax.
>
>38th Centruy AD. Great catalism realigns Earth and hence
>Japan and India are close together.
>
>Sandmen? Scary.
>
>I find sleep deprivation moreso!
>
>So the Rasmussen man is responsible for the abomination.
>
>Wiat! A rescue team from Triton?
>
>Can humanity establish a colony on Triton?
>
>So The rescue team is mostly wped out and
>the Doctor and Team have to the Morpheus project.
>
>Clara is infected. what about others?
>
>Remember LAst Christmas?
>
>I cannot wait until next week!

I'm not so sure this is a double header.

But it did end on a rather sombre note for Dr Who.

--
Bill Jillians

Idlehands admits how dumb he is.
"Thank god we are as fucking stupid as the British, that is if the chicken
fucker and binky are any representation."

The Doctor

Nov 15, 2015, 8:35:04 AM11/15/15
In article <bgng4bl7b07g5ovvr...@jwbrown.co.uk>,
Jerry Brown <je...@jwbrown.co.uk.invalid> wrote:
>On Sun, 15 Nov 2015 03:15:11 -0000 (UTC), doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca
>(The Doctor) wrote:
>
>>9/10 !!
>>
>>Gods?? All right Moffat just with the times.
>>
>>Only one Goid exists in eternity.
>>
>>38th Centruy AD. Great catalism realigns Earth and hence
>>Japan and India are close together.
>
>...which explains why the dominant faith at that time might be
>something other than Judeo-Christian based.

Well I have my doubts.

>--
>Jerry Brown
>
>A cat may look at a king
>(but probably won't bother)

The Doctor

Nov 15, 2015, 8:36:18 AM11/15/15
In article <UoW$yPDOkI...@btinternet.com>,
Bill Jillians <willaim.j...@btinternet.com> wrote:
>In message <n28tbv$ai7$1...@ns2.nl2k.ab.ca>, The Doctor
><doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> writes
>>9/10 !!
>>
>>Gods?? All right Moffat just with the times.
>>
>>Only one Goid exists in eternity.
>>
>>So who found this scary?
>>
>>Sleep deprivation!! Nice subject!!
>>
>>The Rasmussen bit, a Sandman hoax.
>>
>>38th Centruy AD. Great catalism realigns Earth and hence
>>Japan and India are close together.
>>
>>Sandmen? Scary.
>>
>>I find sleep deprivation moreso!
>>
>>So the Rasmussen man is responsible for the abomination.
>>
>>Wiat! A rescue team from Triton?
>>
>>Can humanity establish a colony on Triton?
>>
>>So The rescue team is mostly wped out and
>>the Doctor and Team have to the Morpheus project.
>>
>>Clara is infected. what about others?
>>
>>Remember LAst Christmas?
>>
>>I cannot wait until next week!
>
>I'm not so sure this is a double header.
>
>But it did end on a rather sombre note for Dr Who.

Sombre?

Await the Raven.

>--
>Bill Jillians
>
>Idlehands admits how dumb he is.
>"Thank god we are as fucking stupid as the British, that is if the chicken
>fucker and binky are any representation."

The Doctor

Nov 15, 2015, 8:55:00 AM11/15/15
In article <f859d74e-fb53-4610...@googlegroups.com>,
Wait until next week

The Doctor

Nov 15, 2015, 8:57:15 AM11/15/15
In article <67404613-d5be-400b...@googlegroups.com>,
It was ISS until the shields started to fail.

The Doctor

Nov 15, 2015, 9:00:08 AM11/15/15
In article <dfa3ad7b-7ba3-41fd...@googlegroups.com>,
TB <tsbr...@dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote:
>On Saturday, November 14, 2015 at 7:15:12 PM UTC-8, The Doctor wrote:
>> 9/10 !!
>>
>> Gods?? All right Moffat just with the times.
>Religious nit-picking?
>
>My stepdad said that there was only one God, but each religion sees a different version/aspect of Him. Some religions just perceive multiple Gods.

We are talking SM.

>> Only one Goid exists in eternity.
>
>What is a Goid? Some new alien race?
>>
>> So who found this scary?
>
>Me!

NOt really.

>> Sleep deprivation!! Nice subject!!
>>
>> The Rasmussen bit, a Sandman hoax.
>>
>> 38th Centruy AD. Great catalism realigns Earth and hence
>> Japan and India are close together.
>
>What happened to China?

Great catacism.

The Doctor

Nov 15, 2015, 9:00:33 AM11/15/15
In article <2b3d7aca-fc8c-4f97...@googlegroups.com>,
Death to the Morpheus project.

The Doctor

Nov 15, 2015, 9:01:18 AM11/15/15
In article <e62d91c9-bcc6-4028...@googlegroups.com>,
Not dream crabs - Dream Space.

Pudentame

Nov 15, 2015, 11:50:33 AM11/15/15
On Sun, 15 Nov 2015 10:32:43 +0000, Jerry Brown
<je...@jwbrown.co.uk.invalid> wrote:

>On Sun, 15 Nov 2015 03:15:11 -0000 (UTC), doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca
>(The Doctor) wrote:
>
>>9/10 !!
>>
>>Gods?? All right Moffat just with the times.
>>
>>Only one Goid exists in eternity.
>>
>>38th Centruy AD. Great catalism realigns Earth and hence
>>Japan and India are close together.
>
>...which explains why the dominant faith at that time might be
>something other than Judeo-Christian based.

I took it as the "sandman" was the root cause of the great cataclysm
of the 38th century; that the cataclysm hadn't happened yet when the
Doctor & Clara visit the space station.

John Hall

Nov 15, 2015, 12:11:55 PM11/15/15
In message <UoW$yPDOkI...@btinternet.com>, Bill Jillians
<willaim.j...@btinternet.com> writes
>I'm not so sure this is a double header.

It isn't.

>But it did end on a rather sombre note for Dr Who.

I may be misinterpreting the ending, as it was far from clear, but the
fact that we were supposedly viewing the footage from the space station
seemed to imply that it had survived, would be viewed, and that
therefore humanity was doomed.

But I thought it was an unsatisfactory episode, as the demands it made
on my ability to suspend my sense of disbelief were too great. It was no
more plausible than the episode last season that required us to believe
that the Moon was a giant egg.
--
John Hall
"Honest criticism is hard to take,

Stephen Wilson

Nov 15, 2015, 12:44:08 PM11/15/15

"John Hall" <john_...@jhall.co.uk> wrote in message
> In message <UoW$yPDOkI...@btinternet.com>, Bill Jillians
> <willaim.j...@btinternet.com> writes
>>I'm not so sure this is a double header.
>
> It isn't.
>

>>But it did end on a rather sombre note for Dr Who.
>
> I may be misinterpreting the ending, as it was far from clear, but the
> fact that we were supposedly viewing the footage from the space station
> seemed to imply that it had survived, would be viewed, and that therefore
> humanity was doomed.
>
> But I thought it was an unsatisfactory episode, as the demands it made on
> my ability to suspend my sense of disbelief were too great. It was no more
> plausible than the episode last season that required us to believe that
> the Moon was a giant egg.

There are times when it can be interesting to leave implications. Two
examples:

1. Blade Runner. Depending of course on which version you see, it's implied
that Deckard himself is a replicant. It's also stated in one version that
Rachael would live a normal human lifespan.

2. Total Recall. At the end of the Schwarzenegger version the screen fades
to white instead of black. The implication there is that Hauser really was
fantasising and ended up being lobotomised.

But there was far too much vagueness about Sleep No More. I think it tried
too hard to be clever (whilst simultaneously being completely implausible
scientifically) leaving behind, as you say, an unsatisfactory episode.

Arthur Lipscomb

Nov 15, 2015, 12:59:15 PM11/15/15
On 11/15/2015 9:44 AM, Stephen Wilson wrote:
> "John Hall" <john_...@jhall.co.uk> wrote in message
>> In message <UoW$yPDOkI...@btinternet.com>, Bill Jillians
>> <willaim.j...@btinternet.com> writes
>>> I'm not so sure this is a double header.
>>
>> It isn't.
>>

>>> But it did end on a rather sombre note for Dr Who.
>>
>> I may be misinterpreting the ending, as it was far from clear, but the
>> fact that we were supposedly viewing the footage from the space station
>> seemed to imply that it had survived, would be viewed, and that therefore
>> humanity was doomed.
>>
>> But I thought it was an unsatisfactory episode, as the demands it made on
>> my ability to suspend my sense of disbelief were too great. It was no more
>> plausible than the episode last season that required us to believe that
>> the Moon was a giant egg.
>
> There are times when it can be interesting to leave implications. Two
> examples:
>
> 1. Blade Runner. Depending of course on which version you see, it's implied
> that Deckard himself is a replicant. It's also stated in one version that
> Rachael would live a normal human lifespan.

His being a replicant never made any since to me. As far as I'm
concerned, he's human. Of course the new movie may retcon that. :-/

> 2. Total Recall. At the end of the Schwarzenegger version the screen fades
> to white instead of black. The implication there is that Hauser really was
> fantasising and ended up being lobotomised.

Yeah, I really like the way the film drops hints throughout and leaves
open that possibility.

> But there was far too much vagueness about Sleep No More. I think it tried
> too hard to be clever (whilst simultaneously being completely implausible
> scientifically) leaving behind, as you say, an unsatisfactory episode.

I really didn't like it. Lack of scientific plausibility doesn't even
begin to explain the issues I had with it.

TB

Nov 15, 2015, 3:03:51 PM11/15/15
I had assumed that the cataclysm in question was what caused India to collide with Japan! If it hasn't happened yet, what did cause India to collide with Japan?

How will humanity survive the Great Sandman Cataclysm of the 38th Century? (There are many episodes set AFTER the 38th century that show humanity alive and well. Or has the timeline been altered?).

The Doctor

Nov 15, 2015, 3:47:36 PM11/15/15
In article <4qdh4bpshclonh45p...@4ax.com>,
The Great Catalysm was cause by Earth having a maor earthquake.

The Doctor

Nov 15, 2015, 3:48:35 PM11/15/15
In article <qfVXX9B3vLSWFwm$@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>,
This is a double header. The Raven is a sandman product.

The Doctor

Nov 15, 2015, 3:49:04 PM11/15/15
In article <Gv32y.267191$eu4....@fx44.am4>,
Well the Sandman is coming.

The Doctor

Nov 15, 2015, 3:49:31 PM11/15/15
In article <n2ah17$uoe$1...@dont-email.me>,
REcall the X-Files sleep deprivation epidose?

The Doctor

Nov 15, 2015, 4:05:26 PM11/15/15
In article <08db36a5-4f70-4249...@googlegroups.com>,
Well China disappears.

John Hall

Nov 15, 2015, 4:52:02 PM11/15/15
In message <n2ar32$880$1...@ns2.nl2k.ab.ca>, The Doctor
<doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> writes
>In article <qfVXX9B3vLSWFwm$@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>,
>John Hall <jo...@jhall.co.uk> wrote:
>>In message <UoW$yPDOkI...@btinternet.com>, Bill Jillians
>><willaim.j...@btinternet.com> writes
>>>I'm not so sure this is a double header.
>>
>>It isn't.
>>

>>>But it did end on a rather sombre note for Dr Who.
>>
>>I may be misinterpreting the ending, as it was far from clear, but the
>>fact that we were supposedly viewing the footage from the space station
>>seemed to imply that it had survived, would be viewed, and that
>>therefore humanity was doomed.
>>
>>But I thought it was an unsatisfactory episode, as the demands it made
>>on my ability to suspend my sense of disbelief were too great. It was no
>>more plausible than the episode last season that required us to believe
>>that the Moon was a giant egg.
>
>This is a double header. The Raven is a sandman product.

Unlike all the other episodes in the current series, the two episodes
are not shown as being a double-header here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Doctor_Who_serials#Twelfth_Doctor

And they are by different writers, though they do share the same
director, which may or may not be significant.

Agamemnon

Nov 15, 2015, 4:57:55 PM11/15/15
On 15/11/2015 03:15, The Doctor wrote:
> 9/10 !!
>
> Gods?? All right Moffat just with the times.
>
> Only one Goid exists in eternity.

No it doesn't

> So who found this scary?

Not me.

> Sleep deprivation!! Nice subject!!
>
> The Rasmussen bit, a Sandman hoax.

Dustman. Only the Doctor gets to name the baddies.

> 38th Centruy AD. Great catalism realigns Earth and hence
> Japan and India are close together.
>
> Sandmen? Scary.

Dustmen. No. They're just dust.

> I find sleep deprivation moreso!
>
> So the Rasmussen man is responsible for the abomination.

No. It was a dustman.

> Wiat! A rescue team from Triton?
>
> Can humanity establish a colony on Triton?
>
> So The rescue team is mostly wped out and
> the Doctor and Team have to the Morpheus project.
>
> Clara is infected. what about others?

Clara is infected with what? We never saw anything happen to her.

Is she going to spend the next month wide awake?

> Remember LAst Christmas?

Best track Wham ever made. Pity it didn't make number one.

> I cannot wait until next week!

Why?

Agamemnon

Nov 15, 2015, 5:04:31 PM11/15/15
It depends on the cut which you've seen. If it's got the tin foil
unicorn in it that was make by his supervisor and Deckard dreaming of a
unicorn before seeing it then he's a replicant and his memories are
those of his supervisor. I think the Final Cut didn't show the dream.
Maybe there will be a Final Final Cut before the sequel.

Agamemnon

Nov 15, 2015, 5:05:02 PM11/15/15
Dustman.

The Doctor

Nov 15, 2015, 7:03:24 PM11/15/15
In article <0K7AyyFOyPSWFwFl@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>,
John Hall <jo...@jhall.co.uk> wrote:
>In message <n2ar32$880$1...@ns2.nl2k.ab.ca>, The Doctor
><doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> writes
>>In article <qfVXX9B3vLSWFwm$@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>,
>>John Hall <jo...@jhall.co.uk> wrote:
>>>In message <UoW$yPDOkI...@btinternet.com>, Bill Jillians
>>><willaim.j...@btinternet.com> writes
>>>
>>>It isn't.

>>>I may be misinterpreting the ending, as it was far from clear, but the
>>>fact that we were supposedly viewing the footage from the space station
>>>seemed to imply that it had survived, would be viewed, and that
>>>therefore humanity was doomed.
>>>
>>>But I thought it was an unsatisfactory episode, as the demands it made
>>>on my ability to suspend my sense of disbelief were too great. It was no
>>>more plausible than the episode last season that required us to believe
>>>that the Moon was a giant egg.
>>
>>This is a double header. The Raven is a sandman product.
>
>Unlike all the other episodes in the current series, the two episodes
>are not shown as being a double-header here:
>
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Doctor_Who_serials#Twelfth_Doctor
>
>And they are by different writers, though they do share the same
>director, which may or may not be significant.

The Raven is a sandmen creature : clue.

>--
>John Hall
> "Honest criticism is hard to take,
> particularly from a relative, a friend,
> an acquaintance, or a stranger." Franklin P Jones

The Doctor

Nov 15, 2015, 7:06:15 PM11/15/15
In article <5bmdnR_jhPt_YtXL...@eclipse.net.uk>,
Agamemnon <agam...@hello.to.NO_SPAM> wrote:
>On 15/11/2015 03:15, The Doctor wrote:
>> 9/10 !!
>>
>> Gods?? All right Moffat just with the times.
>>
>> Only one Goid exists in eternity.
>
>No it doesn't

Back to our fun debate.

>> So who found this scary?
>
>Not me.

Same here.

>> Sleep deprivation!! Nice subject!!
>>
>> The Rasmussen bit, a Sandman hoax.
>
>Dustman. Only the Doctor gets to name the baddies.

Recall Leela and the Doctor.

>> 38th Centruy AD. Great catalism realigns Earth and hence
>> Japan and India are close together.
>>
>> Sandmen? Scary.
>>

>Dustmen. No. They're just dust.

Dust creature without optics.

>> I find sleep deprivation moreso!
>>
>> So the Rasmussen man is responsible for the abomination.
>>

>No. It was a dustman.

Rasmussen invented the Morpheus process.

>> Wiat! A rescue team from Triton?
>>
>> Can humanity establish a colony on Triton?
>>
>> So The rescue team is mostly wped out and
>> the Doctor and Team have to the Morpheus project.
>>
>> Clara is infected. what about others?
>
>Clara is infected with what? We never saw anything happen to her.
>
>Is she going to spend the next month wide awake?

She got processed by the Rasmussen / Morpheus process.

>> Remember LAst Christmas?
>>

>Best track Wham ever made. Pity it didn't make number one.

As in the virtual reality plane.

>> I cannot wait until next week!
>>

>Why?

This episode sets us up for next week.

The Doctor

Nov 15, 2015, 7:07:09 PM11/15/15
In article <WcGdnaE5U4YRnNTL...@eclipse.net.uk>,
Correct you are.

David Barnett

Nov 15, 2015, 8:58:06 PM11/15/15
In article <qfVXX9B3vLSWFwm$@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>,
john_...@jhall.co.uk says...

> In message <UoW$yPDOkI...@btinternet.com>, Bill Jillians
> <willaim.j...@btinternet.com> writes
> >I'm not so sure this is a double header.
>
> It isn't.
>

> >But it did end on a rather sombre note for Dr Who.
>
> I may be misinterpreting the ending, as it was far from clear, but the
> fact that we were supposedly viewing the footage from the space station
> seemed to imply that it had survived, would be viewed, and that
> therefore humanity was doomed.
>
> But I thought it was an unsatisfactory episode, as the demands it made
> on my ability to suspend my sense of disbelief were too great. It was no
> more plausible than the episode last season that required us to believe
> that the Moon was a giant egg.

I agree with you completely.
I did not like the episode.

If I did not have this completist compulsion, I would do
as anim did & cease watching the show.

--
David Barnett

David Barnett

Nov 15, 2015, 9:01:38 PM11/15/15
In article <n2ar4q$88o$1...@ns2.nl2k.ab.ca>,
doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca says...

<snip>

> REcall the X-Files sleep deprivation epidose?

epidose? a spoonerism?

--
David Barnett

Siri Cruz

Nov 15, 2015, 9:28:38 PM11/15/15
In article <qfVXX9B3vLSWFwm$@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>,
John Hall <john_...@jhall.co.uk> wrote:

> I may be misinterpreting the ending, as it was far from clear, but the
> fact that we were supposedly viewing the footage from the space station
> seemed to imply that it had survived, would be viewed, and that
> therefore humanity was doomed.

You saw it. You are doomed.

'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.'
God exists since mathematics is consistent, and the devil exists since we
cannot prove the consistency. ~~ Morris Kline

Siri Cruz

Nov 15, 2015, 9:42:19 PM11/15/15
Arthur Lipscomb <art...@alum.calberkeley.org> wrote:

> On 11/15/2015 9:44 AM, Stephen Wilson wrote:
> > "John Hall" <john_...@jhall.co.uk> wrote in message
> >> In message <UoW$yPDOkI...@btinternet.com>, Bill Jillians
> >> <willaim.j...@btinternet.com> writes
> >>
> >> It isn't.

> >> I may be misinterpreting the ending, as it was far from clear, but the
> >> fact that we were supposedly viewing the footage from the space station
> >> seemed to imply that it had survived, would be viewed, and that therefore
> >> humanity was doomed.
> >>
> >> But I thought it was an unsatisfactory episode, as the demands it made on
> >> my ability to suspend my sense of disbelief were too great. It was no more
> >> plausible than the episode last season that required us to believe that
> >> the Moon was a giant egg.
> >
> > There are times when it can be interesting to leave implications. Two
> > examples:
> >
> > 1. Blade Runner. Depending of course on which version you see, it's implied
> > that Deckard himself is a replicant. It's also stated in one version that
> > Rachael would live a normal human lifespan.
> >

> His being a replicant never made any since to me. As far as I'm
> concerned, he's human. Of course the new movie may retcon that. :-/

Deckard being a replicant ruins the movie. The test they used was based on the
replicants's inability to empathise. But throughout the movie the replicants are
more emotional, more empathetic than all the humans including the drone like
milling background crowds. At the end Deckard makes an emotional, empathetic
connection to a mere construct. Deckard as a human means humans can reawaken
their passion and connect with their children. Deckard as a replicant is just
another robot apocalypse movie trying to be clever.

A short lived Rachel is also a better story because it stresses that it isn't
how much time you have as much as how you use the time you have.

> > 2. Total Recall. At the end of the Schwarzenegger version the screen fades
> > to white instead of black. The implication there is that Hauser really was
> > fantasising and ended up being lobotomised.
> >

> Yeah, I really like the way the film drops hints throughout and leaves
> open that possibility.

The scene when he goes into convulsion before the implantation begins
contradicts that it was all in his head.

anim8rfsk

Nov 15, 2015, 10:02:42 PM11/15/15
In article <MPG.30b3e3...@news.eternal-september.org>,
Yay me!

--
SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUZZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEQUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuu......

Adam H. Kerman

Nov 15, 2015, 10:22:59 PM11/15/15
Siri Cruz <chine...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>John Hall <john_...@jhall.co.uk> wrote:

>>I may be misinterpreting the ending, as it was far from clear, but the
>>fact that we were supposedly viewing the footage from the space station
>>seemed to imply that it had survived, would be viewed, and that
>>therefore humanity was doomed.

>You saw it. You are doomed.

Pardon me. I have something in my eye.

Siri Cruz

Nov 16, 2015, 12:28:47 AM11/16/15
In article <n2bi6i$cue$1...@news.albasani.net>, "Adam H. Kerman" <a...@chinet.com>
wrote:
A sand man or a weeping angel?

TB

Nov 16, 2015, 12:41:02 AM11/16/15
On Sunday, November 15, 2015 at 1:57:55 PM UTC-8, Agamemnon wrote:
> On 15/11/2015 03:15, The Doctor wrote:
> > 9/10 !!
> >

> > Clara is infected. what about others?
>
> Clara is infected with what? We never saw anything happen to her.

She got dragged into a Morpheus pod.

TB

Nov 16, 2015, 12:44:20 AM11/16/15
On Sunday, November 15, 2015 at 4:03:24 PM UTC-8, The Doctor wrote:

> The Raven is a sandmen creature : clue.

What is it doing on Earth 17 centuries BEFORE the invention of Morpheus pods?

Agamemnon

Nov 16, 2015, 4:42:05 AM11/16/15
Meaning they were not human.

>At the end Deckard makes an emotional, empathetic
> connection to a mere construct. Deckard as a human means humans can reawaken
> their passion and connect with their children. Deckard as a replicant is just
> another robot apocalypse movie trying to be clever.

Deckard and Rachel were the next model up the line which were almost
indistinguishable from being human.

Why Deckard didn't have his or his own cells put under the microscope
like the snake cells to find out who their manufacturer was I don't know.

> A short lived Rachel is also a better story because it stresses that it isn't
> how much time you have as much as how you use the time you have.

The Final Cut leaves you not knowing/suspecting either that or weather
Deckard is a replicant. The Director's Cut just removes the commentary
that is the only thing that tells you Rachael has no time limit built in.

>>> 2. Total Recall. At the end of the Schwarzenegger version the screen fades
>>> to white instead of black. The implication there is that Hauser really was
>>> fantasising and ended up being lobotomised.
>>>

>> Yeah, I really like the way the film drops hints throughout and leaves
>> open that possibility.
>
> The scene when he goes into convulsion before the implantation begins
> contradicts that it was all in his head.

But they perform an implantation anyway to erase his memory of the
convulsion. Everything after that could be happening inside his head or
for real. It's never fully confirmed either way.

John Hall

Nov 16, 2015, 4:44:54 AM11/16/15
In message <MPG.30b3e3...@news.eternal-september.org>, David
Barnett <dbar...@bigpond.net.au> writes
To be fair, for me the previous episodes this series have been
enjoyable, though without being outstanding.

John Hall

Nov 16, 2015, 4:44:54 AM11/16/15
In message <n2b6gb$hv5$1...@ns2.nl2k.ab.ca>, The Doctor
Your source for this assertion? It might be correct, but I've not seen
anything that says that.

John Hall

Nov 16, 2015, 4:44:54 AM11/16/15
In message <chine.bleu-A8688...@88-209-239-213.giganet.hu>,
Siri Cruz <chine...@yahoo.com> writes
>In article <qfVXX9B3vLSWFwm$@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>,
> John Hall <john_...@jhall.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> I may be misinterpreting the ending, as it was far from clear, but the
>> fact that we were supposedly viewing the footage from the space station
>> seemed to imply that it had survived, would be viewed, and that
>> therefore humanity was doomed.
>
>You saw it. You are doomed.

An idea that seems to have been lifted from the Japanese (though there's
been an American remake) "The Ring". Not that I object to that. There
aren't many truly original ideas.

Agamemnon

Nov 16, 2015, 4:45:33 AM11/16/15
Then what? She was behaving perfectly normally when she got out. We
never even saw that she had really been given the ability to go for a
whole month without sleep because the effects of it were no shown.

The Doctor

Nov 16, 2015, 10:24:13 AM11/16/15
In article <MPG.30b3e3...@news.eternal-september.org>,
Well this episode here sets you up for the next episode.

>--
>David Barnett

http://www.fullyfollow.me/rootnl2k Look at Psalms 14 and 53 on Atheism
The function of socialism is to raise suffering to a higher level.-Norman Mailer

The Doctor

Nov 16, 2015, 10:24:56 AM11/16/15
In article <MPG.30b3e40...@news.eternal-september.org>,
David Barnett <dbar...@bigpond.net.au> wrote:
>In article <n2ar4q$88o$1...@ns2.nl2k.ab.ca>,
>doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca says...
>
><snip>
>>
>> REcall the X-Files sleep deprivation epidose?
>
>epidose? a spoonerism?

Episode.

As in the Black Bible Preaching soldier who causes you to see things.

>--
>David Barnett

http://www.fullyfollow.me/rootnl2k Look at Psalms 14 and 53 on Atheism

The Doctor

Nov 16, 2015, 10:26:31 AM11/16/15
In article <chine.bleu-A8688...@88-209-239-213.giganet.hu>,
Siri Cruz <chine...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>In article <qfVXX9B3vLSWFwm$@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>,
> John Hall <john_...@jhall.co.uk> wrote:
>
>> I may be misinterpreting the ending, as it was far from clear, but the
>> fact that we were supposedly viewing the footage from the space station
>> seemed to imply that it had survived, would be viewed, and that
>> therefore humanity was doomed.
>
>You saw it. You are doomed.

Are you doomed? Is there dust in your eye?

>--
>:-<> Siri Seal of Disavowal #000-001. Disavowed. Denied. Deleted.
>'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.'
>God exists since mathematics is consistent, and the devil exists since we
>cannot prove the consistency. ~~ Morris Kline

The Doctor

Nov 16, 2015, 10:27:07 AM11/16/15
In article <chine.bleu-E04D5...@88-209-239-213.giganet.hu>,
Still nothing compared to DW.

>--
>:-<> Siri Seal of Disavowal #000-001. Disavowed. Denied. Deleted.
>'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.'
>God exists since mathematics is consistent, and the devil exists since we
>cannot prove the consistency. ~~ Morris Kline

The Doctor

Nov 16, 2015, 10:27:29 AM11/16/15
In article <anim8rfsk-EB7A5...@news.easynews.com>,
Boo you!

>--
>SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUZZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEQUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuu......

The Doctor

Nov 16, 2015, 10:27:45 AM11/16/15
In article <n2bi6i$cue$1...@news.albasani.net>,
Adam H. Kerman <a...@chinet.com> wrote:
A speck of dust?

The Doctor

Nov 16, 2015, 10:28:05 AM11/16/15
In article <chine.bleu-2BACE...@88-209-239-213.giganet.hu>,
Siri Cruz <chine...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>In article <n2bi6i$cue$1...@news.albasani.net>, "Adam H. Kerman" <a...@chinet.com>
>wrote:
>
>> Siri Cruz <chine...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>> >You saw it. You are doomed.
>>
>> Pardon me. I have something in my eye.
>
>A sand man or a weeping angel?

Or a dust man.

>--
>:-<> Siri Seal of Disavowal #000-001. Disavowed. Denied. Deleted.
>'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.'
>God exists since mathematics is consistent, and the devil exists since we
>cannot prove the consistency. ~~ Morris Kline

The Doctor

Nov 16, 2015, 10:29:00 AM11/16/15
In article <NfoeHKECVaSWFwz1@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>,
John Hall <jo...@jhall.co.uk> wrote:
>In message <chine.bleu-A8688...@88-209-239-213.giganet.hu>,
>Siri Cruz <chine...@yahoo.com> writes
>>In article <qfVXX9B3vLSWFwm$@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>,
>> John Hall <john_...@jhall.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>>> I may be misinterpreting the ending, as it was far from clear, but the
>>> fact that we were supposedly viewing the footage from the space station
>>> seemed to imply that it had survived, would be viewed, and that
>>> therefore humanity was doomed.
>>
>>You saw it. You are doomed.
>>

>An idea that seems to have been lifted from the Japanese (though there's
>been an American remake) "The Ring". Not that I object to that. There
>aren't many truly original ideas.

Given the IndoJapanese are a power at that time.

>--
>John Hall
> "Honest criticism is hard to take,
> particularly from a relative, a friend,
> an acquaintance, or a stranger." Franklin P Jones

The Doctor

Nov 16, 2015, 10:29:34 AM11/16/15
In article <$ODCzUDvQaSWFwVs@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>,
You did not see the next time preview?

>--
>John Hall
> "Honest criticism is hard to take,
> particularly from a relative, a friend,
> an acquaintance, or a stranger." Franklin P Jones

http://www.fullyfollow.me/rootnl2k Look at Psalms 14 and 53 on Atheism

The Doctor

Nov 16, 2015, 10:30:16 AM11/16/15
In article <zuPB7vDdSaSWFwWD@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>,
John Hall <jo...@jhall.co.uk> wrote:
>In message <MPG.30b3e3...@news.eternal-september.org>, David
>Barnett <dbar...@bigpond.net.au> writes
>>In article <qfVXX9B3vLSWFwm$@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>,
>>john_...@jhall.co.uk says...
>>>
>>> In message <UoW$yPDOkI...@btinternet.com>, Bill Jillians
>>> <willaim.j...@btinternet.com> writes
>>>
>>> It isn't.

>>> I may be misinterpreting the ending, as it was far from clear, but the
>>> fact that we were supposedly viewing the footage from the space station
>>> seemed to imply that it had survived, would be viewed, and that
>>> therefore humanity was doomed.
>>>
>>> But I thought it was an unsatisfactory episode, as the demands it made
>>> on my ability to suspend my sense of disbelief were too great. It was no
>>> more plausible than the episode last season that required us to believe
>>> that the Moon was a giant egg.
>>
>>I agree with you completely.
>>I did not like the episode.
>>
>>If I did not have this completist compulsion, I would do
>>as anim did & cease watching the show.
>>

>To be fair, for me the previous episodes this series have been
>enjoyable, though without being outstanding.

I can give you worst from the RTD Era that makes TImelash look
like a classic.

>--
>John Hall
> "Honest criticism is hard to take,
> particularly from a relative, a friend,
> an acquaintance, or a stranger." Franklin P Jones

The Doctor

Nov 16, 2015, 10:35:10 AM11/16/15
In article <0a6494dd-aa5a-4911...@googlegroups.com>,
Or did she get charmed into one?

John Hall

Nov 16, 2015, 2:10:59 PM11/16/15
In message <n2csos$c60$1...@ns2.nl2k.ab.ca>, The Doctor
No.

suzeeq

Nov 16, 2015, 2:19:00 PM11/16/15
John Hall wrote:
> In message <n2csos$c60$1...@ns2.nl2k.ab.ca>, The Doctor
> <doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> writes
>> In article <$ODCzUDvQaSWFwVs@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>,
>> John Hall <jo...@jhall.co.uk> wrote:
>>> In message <n2b6gb$hv5$1...@ns2.nl2k.ab.ca>, The Doctor
>>> <doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> writes

>>> Your source for this assertion? It might be correct, but I've not seen
>>> anything that says that.
>> You did not see the next time preview?
>
> No.

If you want to see it, you can go to the BBC site or their youtube
channel to watch. Also the wikipedia entry for Series 9 has a link to
the episode. The blurb there doesn't seem to indicate the Raven is
related to the Sandmen.

The Doctor

Nov 16, 2015, 3:45:39 PM11/16/15
In article <iWAXBDFQgiSWFwX1@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>,
Then watch Sleep no more from start to finish.

>--
>John Hall
> "Honest criticism is hard to take,
> particularly from a relative, a friend,
> an acquaintance, or a stranger." Franklin P Jones

The Doctor

Nov 16, 2015, 3:46:11 PM11/16/15
Look at the preview from the end of Sleep no More.

Stephen Wilson

Nov 16, 2015, 5:07:41 PM11/16/15

"suzeeq" <su...@imbris.com> wrote in message
It's not. Only in Yads' imagination.

Gatiss has, however, claimed that Moffat has asked for a sequel to Sleep No
More.

The Doctor

Nov 16, 2015, 6:38:13 PM11/16/15
In article <Lss2y.292085$FN.1...@fx46.am4>,
Obvoisuly SW did not get a look at the next time preview.

suzeeq

Nov 16, 2015, 8:00:21 PM11/16/15
The Doctor wrote:
> In article <n2da72$bqu$1...@news.albasani.net>, suzeeq <su...@imbris.com> wrote:
>> John Hall wrote:
>>> In message <n2csos$c60$1...@ns2.nl2k.ab.ca>, The Doctor
>>> <doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> writes

>>> No.
>> If you want to see it, you can go to the BBC site or their youtube
>> channel to watch. Also the wikipedia entry for Series 9 has a link to
>> the episode. The blurb there doesn't seem to indicate the Raven is
>> related to the Sandmen.
>
> Look at the preview from the end of Sleep no More.

It's the same one.

The Doctor

Nov 16, 2015, 8:52:27 PM11/16/15
As I was saying.

Pudentame

Nov 16, 2015, 11:41:37 PM11/16/15
The ones that are double episodes have the same story number.

254 The Magicians Apprentice & The Witch's Familiar
255 Under the Lake & Before the Flood
256 The Girl Who Died & The Woman Who Lived
257 The Zygon Invasion & The Zygon Inversion
258 Sleep No More
259 Face the Raven
260 Heaven Sent & Hell Bent

Whether the raven is some kind of sandman creature or not, it's not a
double episode.

John Hall

Nov 17, 2015, 5:09:38 AM11/17/15
In message <Lss2y.292085$FN.1...@fx46.am4>, Stephen Wilson
<stephen.wils...@ntlworld.com> writes
I've seen a suggestion that that sequel is going to be next season.

The Doctor

Nov 17, 2015, 10:59:37 AM11/17/15
In article <qkbl4b9rr2hbob0jt...@4ax.com>,
IT still sets us up for something to happen.

The Doctor

Nov 17, 2015, 11:00:03 AM11/17/15
In article <XKRaWfDVyvSWFwAO@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>,
How?

>--
>John Hall
> "Honest criticism is hard to take,
> particularly from a relative, a friend,
> an acquaintance, or a stranger." Franklin P Jones

Stephen Wilson

Nov 17, 2015, 12:41:43 PM11/17/15

"John Hall" <john_...@jhall.co.uk> wrote in message
As far as I'm aware it's only something that has been informally suggested
as a possibility. I don't think Gatiss has even been commissioned to write a
sequel yet. It's just something that may or may not happen at a future date.

John Hall

Nov 17, 2015, 3:43:46 PM11/17/15
In message <n2fiu1$1an$1...@ns2.nl2k.ab.ca>, The Doctor
<doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> writes
>In article <XKRaWfDVyvSWFwAO@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>,
>John Hall <jo...@jhall.co.uk> wrote:
>>In message <Lss2y.292085$FN.1...@fx46.am4>, Stephen Wilson
>><stephen.wils...@ntlworld.com> writes
>>>
>>>Gatiss has, however, claimed that Moffat has asked for a sequel to Sleep No
>>>More.
>>>

>>I've seen a suggestion that that sequel is going to be next season.
>
>How?

What do you mean, how? There's no reason why a sequel should always have
to be broadcast immediately following the episode that it's a sequel to.

The Doctor

Nov 17, 2015, 6:31:05 PM11/17/15
In article <pFJ2y.462105$hH6....@fx33.am4>,
Here is hoping.

The Doctor

Nov 17, 2015, 6:31:28 PM11/17/15
In article <SLWYz7IdA5SWFwg0@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>,
John Hall <jo...@jhall.co.uk> wrote:
>In message <n2fiu1$1an$1...@ns2.nl2k.ab.ca>, The Doctor
><doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> writes
>>In article <XKRaWfDVyvSWFwAO@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>,
>>John Hall <jo...@jhall.co.uk> wrote:
>>>In message <Lss2y.292085$FN.1...@fx46.am4>, Stephen Wilson
>>><stephen.wils...@ntlworld.com> writes

>>>I've seen a suggestion that that sequel is going to be next season.
>>
>>How?
>
>What do you mean, how? There's no reason why a sequel should always have
>to be broadcast immediately following the episode that it's a sequel to.

We await the next episode.

>--
>John Hall
> "Honest criticism is hard to take,
> particularly from a relative, a friend,
> an acquaintance, or a stranger." Franklin P Jones

Your Name

Nov 17, 2015, 7:24:33 PM11/17/15
In article <SLWYz7IdA5SWFwg0@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>, John Hall
<john_...@jhall.co.uk> wrote:
> In message <n2fiu1$1an$1...@ns2.nl2k.ab.ca>, The Doctor
> <doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> writes
> >In article <XKRaWfDVyvSWFwAO@jhall_nospamxx.co.uk>,
> >John Hall <jo...@jhall.co.uk> wrote:
> >>In message <Lss2y.292085$FN.1...@fx46.am4>, Stephen Wilson
> >><stephen.wils...@ntlworld.com> writes

> >>I've seen a suggestion that that sequel is going to be next season.
> >
> >How?
>
> What do you mean, how? There's no reason why a sequel should always have
> to be broadcast immediately following the episode that it's a sequel to.

Plus it's already well established that Moffat has an extremely bad
habit of bringing things back weeks / months / years later - often
seemingly insignificant things (which most people have forgotten about)
that turn out to be massively important.

The Doctor

Nov 17, 2015, 7:27:33 PM11/17/15
In article <181120151324210289%Your...@YourISP.com>,
IYIO

bru...@topmail.co.nz

Nov 20, 2015, 1:40:08 AM11/20/15
On Monday, November 16, 2015 at 4:49:04 AM UTC+8, The Doctor wrote:

> Well the Sandman is coming.
> --

at least The Doctor didn't get out the Marshall cranked up to 11, and start
playing "Enter Sandman" riff.

The Doctor

Nov 20, 2015, 11:33:37 AM11/20/15
In article <4ccc339c-8086-4266...@googlegroups.com>,
The Raven is a sand / dust creature.
http://www.fullyfollow.me/rootnl2k Look at Psalms 14 and 53 on Atheism
Happy Christmas 2015 and Merry New Year 2016

Pudentame

Nov 21, 2015, 12:10:42 AM11/21/15
I have a Fender tweed Deluxe amp & the volume actually goes to 12.

8^D

Micky DuPree

Nov 26, 2015, 11:26:34 PM11/26/15
John Hall <john_...@jhall.co.uk> writes:

> To be fair, for me the previous episodes this series have been
> enjoyable, though without being outstanding.

That's my experience as well. I thought "Sleep No More" was intended to
be a diatribe against the pressures of modern life leading to chronic
sleep deprivation in developed countries (if corporations could make you
work an extra seven hours a day for the same pay and benefits, you know
they would), but the execution felt off.

-Micky

The Doctor

Nov 26, 2015, 11:31:49 PM11/26/15
In article <n38m1l$74c$1...@pcls7.std.com>,
Well either way or it is a nightmare.

TB

Feb 27, 2016, 5:30:45 PM2/27/16
On Saturday, November 14, 2015 at 7:15:12 PM UTC-8, The Doctor wrote:
> 9/10 !!
>
> Gods?? All right Moffat just with the times.
>
> Only one Goid exists in eternity.

What's a Goid?

TB

Feb 27, 2016, 5:35:01 PM2/27/16
On Sunday, November 15, 2015 at 12:03:51 PM UTC-8, TB wrote:
> On Sunday, November 15, 2015 at 8:50:33 AM UTC-8, Pudentame wrote:
> > On Sun, 15 Nov 2015 10:32:43 +0000, Jerry Brown
> > <je...@jwbrown.co.uk.invalid> wrote:

> > >...which explains why the dominant faith at that time might be
> > >something other than Judeo-Christian based.
> >
> > I took it as the "sandman" was the root cause of the great cataclysm
> > of the 38th century; that the cataclysm hadn't happened yet when the
> > Doctor & Clara visit the space station.
>
> I had assumed that the cataclysm in question was what caused India to collide with Japan! If it hasn't happened yet, what did cause India to collide with Japan?
>
> How will humanity survive the Great Sandman Cataclysm of the 38th Century? (There are many episodes set AFTER the 38th century that show humanity alive and well. Or has the timeline been altered?).

How will Earth become the dominant power in 3 galaxies by the year 4126 and enslave millions or billions of Oods?

TB

Feb 27, 2016, 5:39:53 PM2/27/16
On Sunday, November 15, 2015 at 1:05:26 PM UTC-8, The Doctor wrote:
> In article <08db36a5-4f70-4249...@googlegroups.com>,
> TB <tsbr...@dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote:
> >On Sunday, November 15, 2015 at 8:50:33 AM UTC-8, Pudentame wrote:

> >> I took it as the "sandman" was the root cause of the great cataclysm
> >> of the 38th century; that the cataclysm hadn't happened yet when the
> >> Doctor & Clara visit the space station.
> >
> >I had assumed that the cataclysm in question was what caused India to collide with Japan! If it hasn't happened yet, what did cause India to collide with Japan?
> >
> >How will humanity survive the Great Sandman Cataclysm of the 38th Century? (There are many episodes set AFTER the 38th century that show humanity alive and well. Or has the timeline been altered?).
>
> Well China disappears.

How does China disappear? Does India just erase it?

The Doctor

Feb 27, 2016, 9:49:43 PM2/27/16
In article <80b24983-ffb8-462a...@googlegroups.com>,
Indo-Japan - Clue.
http://www.fullyfollow.me/rootnl2k Look at Psalms 14 and 53 on Atheism
Broadcasting the truth for 25 years

TB

Mar 31, 2016, 4:20:39 PM3/31/16
What happened to the land China resided on? What happened to the Chinese people?

The Doctor

Mar 31, 2016, 4:31:25 PM3/31/16
In article <fb96b940-ecb8-419d...@googlegroups.com>,
Could be that Japan and India splits the spoils.
http://www.fullyfollow.me/rootnl2k Look at Psalms 14 and 53 on Atheism
Manitoba and Saskatchewan! Save your provinces in April! Vote Liberal!!

The Other Doctor

Mar 31, 2016, 6:04:40 PM3/31/16

"TB" <tsbr...@dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote in message
The Doctor suggests that there was some kind of catatrophe that caused a
realignment of the tectonic plates. This caused India and China to merge.
It's an idea the author got from another Doctor Who story called Frontios
where there's a description of a collision between the sun and the earth.

The merger is something that was mentioned in Sleep No More. But it's just
another idea that will probably be ignored by all future stories. If it
helps, you can assume the Doctor got his timelines mixed up.