4th Of July

Timothy Bruening

Jun 30, 2019, 11:06:11 PM6/30/19
No Doctor Who! Doctor Who was heading for a 4th of July episode in 1964, when it suddenly time jumped to July 11!

The Sensorites "The Unwilling Warriors" aired in the UK on 27 June 1964, then jumped to 11 July for "Hidden Danger".

The Doctor

Jun 30, 2019, 11:38:25 PM6/30/19
In article <6ba0b4ff-f5a8-4861...@googlegroups.com>,
And today?
We don't know who we are until we see what we can do. -Martha Grimes

Timothy Bruening

Jul 1, 2019, 3:18:24 AM7/1/19
On Sunday, June 30, 2019 at 8:38:25 PM UTC-7, The Doctor wrote:
> In article <6ba0b4ff-f5a8-4861...@googlegroups.com>,
> Timothy Bruening <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >No Doctor Who! Doctor Who was heading for a 4th of July episode in
> >1964, when it suddenly time jumped to July 11!
> >
> >The Sensorites "The Unwilling Warriors" aired in the UK on 27 June 1964,
> >then jumped to 11 July for "Hidden Danger".
>
> And today?

Happy Canada Day.

stephen.w...@gmail.com

Jul 1, 2019, 3:19:35 AM7/1/19
Tim typed:
>No Doctor Who! Doctor Who was heading for a 4th of July episode in 1964, when it suddenly time jumped to July 11!

It didn't suddenly jump. Summer Grandstand was extended so Doctor Who was postponed by a week.

Timothy Bruening

Jul 1, 2019, 3:22:18 AM7/1/19
Why was Summer Grandstand extended?

stephen.w...@gmail.com

Jul 1, 2019, 3:31:36 AM7/1/19
Tim typed:
>> >No Doctor Who! Doctor Who was heading for a 4th of July episode in 1964, when it suddenly time jumped to July 11!
>>
>> It didn't suddenly jump. Summer Grandstand was extended so Doctor Who was postponed by a week.
>
>Why was Summer Grandstand extended?

To make it longer.

solar penguin

Jul 1, 2019, 3:46:02 AM7/1/19
On Monday, 1 July 2019 08:31:36 UTC+1, Stephen stated...
Exactly. To quote that week's Radio Times...

"Dr. Who: As Grandstand has been extended to cover today's
important sporting events, this week's episode of the serial
has been postponed until next Saturday at 5.15"

https://genome.ch.bbc.co.uk/schedules/bbcone/london/1964-07-04

(Unfortunately, we don't know which important sporting events,
because the page listing them, page 59, isn't online yet. But judging
by the time of year, I.expect Wimbledon might be one of them.)

Timothy Bruening

Jul 1, 2019, 7:46:40 AM7/1/19
Its the only such skippage I have found so far in Classic Who! Since Grandstand was broadcast every Saturday afternoon during the time of Classic Who, I'm surprised it only seems to have interfered with Who once!

Timothy Bruening

Jul 1, 2019, 7:47:45 AM7/1/19
Which begs the question "Why was it made longer?".

stephen.w...@gmail.com

Jul 1, 2019, 7:59:14 AM7/1/19
Tim typed:
>> >Why was Summer Grandstand extended?
>>
>> To make it longer.
>
>Which begs the question "Why was it made longer?".

To show more sport.

stephen.w...@gmail.com

Jul 1, 2019, 9:39:26 AM7/1/19
SP wrote:
>(Unfortunately, we don't know which important sporting events,
because the page listing them, page 59, isn't online yet. But judging
by the time of year, I.expect Wimbledon might be one of them.)

4th July that year was the day of the men's singles final.

Timothy Bruening

Jul 1, 2019, 10:53:04 AM7/1/19
Was it unusually long?

stephen.w...@gmail.com

Jul 1, 2019, 11:08:10 AM7/1/19
Tim typed:
>> 4th July that year was the day of the men's singles final.
>
>Was it unusually long?

The finals in 1963 had 33 sets. The finals in 1965 had 28 sets. The 1964 final contained 51. What do you think?

stephen.w...@gmail.com

Jul 1, 2019, 11:18:26 AM7/1/19
Sorry, meant games not sets. There were 4 sets, of 51 games.

Timothy Bruening

Jul 1, 2019, 11:36:55 AM7/1/19
I wouldn't know, since I didn't watch any of them.

The Doctor

Jul 1, 2019, 12:12:37 PM7/1/19
In article <88c898a7-41d8-44b6...@googlegroups.com>,
Timothy Bruening <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Sunday, June 30, 2019 at 8:38:25 PM UTC-7, The Doctor wrote:
>> In article <6ba0b4ff-f5a8-4861...@googlegroups.com>,
>> Timothy Bruening <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >No Doctor Who! Doctor Who was heading for a 4th of July episode in
>> >1964, when it suddenly time jumped to July 11!
>> >
>> >The Sensorites "The Unwilling Warriors" aired in the UK on 27 June 1964,
>> >then jumped to 11 July for "Hidden Danger".
>>
>> And today?
>
>Happy Canada Day.

Wrong day when this was posted.

The Doctor

Jul 1, 2019, 12:14:13 PM7/1/19
In article <496fa3fa-24a6-4819...@googlegroups.com>,
And does TBr know what Summer Grandstand is?

The Doctor

Jul 1, 2019, 12:21:36 PM7/1/19
In article <50b50727-d0ed-4052...@googlegroups.com>,
Ever heard of Wimbledon?

The Doctor

Jul 1, 2019, 12:26:29 PM7/1/19
In article <bf08c2bf-cb30-4604...@googlegroups.com>,
Tim does not know about Grandstand.

The Doctor

Jul 1, 2019, 12:36:20 PM7/1/19
In article <aa5292b5-e2ee-4c6a...@googlegroups.com>,
Exactly!!

stephen.w...@gmail.com

Jul 1, 2019, 12:37:55 PM7/1/19
Yads yapped:
>>> And today?
>>
>>Happy Canada Day.
>
>Wrong day when this was posted.

Canada Day is usually on 1st July. Is it a different day for you, Yads?

The Doctor

Jul 1, 2019, 12:38:50 PM7/1/19
In article <05fe8ad3-103e-4a04...@googlegroups.com>,
Shows what you know!

The Doctor

Jul 1, 2019, 12:40:03 PM7/1/19
In article <251ffdde-98e7-4be0...@googlegroups.com>,
Do you know what Grandstand is?

The Doctor

Jul 1, 2019, 12:43:00 PM7/1/19
In article <d9e4ee5f-f950-4037...@googlegroups.com>,
Are you geting the idea Tim?

The Doctor

Jul 1, 2019, 12:49:40 PM7/1/19
In article <6b12a6e3-5950-4fa9...@googlegroups.com>,
Is TBr cluing in?

The Doctor

Jul 1, 2019, 12:51:33 PM7/1/19
In article <15b4e172-036f-40db...@googlegroups.com>,
Yes. We are talking Tennis.

The Doctor

Jul 1, 2019, 12:54:39 PM7/1/19
In article <a0f04f18-db25-4f4a...@googlegroups.com>,
Can TBr clue in about Wimbledon?

The Doctor

Jul 1, 2019, 12:56:51 PM7/1/19
In article <eb1c20a0-48da-49e7...@googlegroups.com>,
Get your rec.sport.tennis correct!

The Doctor

Jul 1, 2019, 1:05:48 PM7/1/19
In article <be0764bb-e96f-4abe...@googlegroups.com>,
You do not watch Tennis?

The Doctor

Jul 1, 2019, 1:15:39 PM7/1/19
In article <f4697980-d7b5-4524...@googlegroups.com>,
Original reply to Tim was posted 30 June!

Timothy Bruening

Jul 1, 2019, 3:58:39 PM7/1/19
On Monday, July 1, 2019 at 9:12:37 AM UTC-7, The Doctor wrote:
> In article <88c898a7-41d8-44b6...@googlegroups.com>,
> Timothy Bruening <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >On Sunday, June 30, 2019 at 8:38:25 PM UTC-7, The Doctor wrote:

> >> And today?
> >
> >Happy Canada Day.
>
> Wrong day when this was posted.

I swear that it was July 1 in my time zone when I typed "Happy Canada Day".

Timothy Bruening

Jul 1, 2019, 4:01:41 PM7/1/19
What other DW episodes have gotten bumped by Grandstand?

The Doctor

Jul 1, 2019, 5:54:04 PM7/1/19
In article <b6d06432-a6d1-421e...@googlegroups.com>,
Timothy Bruening <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Monday, July 1, 2019 at 9:12:37 AM UTC-7, The Doctor wrote:
>> In article <88c898a7-41d8-44b6...@googlegroups.com>,
>> Timothy Bruening <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> >Happy Canada Day.
>>
>> Wrong day when this was posted.
>
>I swear that it was July 1 in my time zone when I typed "Happy Canada Day".

But this started in June.

The Doctor

Jul 1, 2019, 5:54:54 PM7/1/19
In article <f01bd4f7-6cfc-43e7...@googlegroups.com>,
Do you know what we are talking about?

Timothy Bruening

Jul 2, 2019, 4:43:41 AM7/2/19
On Monday, July 1, 2019 at 2:54:04 PM UTC-7, The Doctor wrote:
> In article <b6d06432-a6d1-421e...@googlegroups.com>,
> Timothy Bruening <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >On Monday, July 1, 2019 at 9:12:37 AM UTC-7, The Doctor wrote:

> >> Wrong day when this was posted.
> >
> >I swear that it was July 1 in my time zone when I typed "Happy Canada Day".
>
> But this started in June.

But at the time I responded to the "And today?" post, the date in my time zone was July 1, Canada Day.

The Doctor

Jul 2, 2019, 11:02:58 AM7/2/19
In article <3da9e29e-c644-4fcb...@googlegroups.com>,
Look at when the question was posted!

Timothy Bruening

Jul 2, 2019, 12:04:44 PM7/2/19
I answered it on July 1!

edrh...@hotmail.com

Jul 2, 2019, 1:48:21 PM7/2/19
(Quote)
> Sorry, meant games not sets. There were 4 sets, of 51 games.

I wouldn't know, since I didn't watch any of them.
(End Quote)

He just gave you the numbers, Tim. He's not asking for your opinion of the games themselves.

Timothy Bruening

Jul 2, 2019, 2:28:13 PM7/2/19
Happy 4th in 2 days!

Timothy Bruening

Jul 2, 2019, 2:30:40 PM7/2/19
Grandstand a BBC sports news program 1958-2007.

%

Jul 2, 2019, 2:48:09 PM7/2/19
what does any of it have to do with your free form sofa fitting ass

The Doctor

Jul 2, 2019, 7:46:08 PM7/2/19
In article <773b85fe-c04f-4de3...@googlegroups.com>,
Then you looked at the wrong date.

The Doctor

Jul 2, 2019, 7:48:14 PM7/2/19
In article <4f6ae4fc-d592-4585...@googlegroups.com>,
But Tim does not get what Grandstand stands for!

The Doctor

Jul 2, 2019, 7:48:23 PM7/2/19
In article <b4e1709a-9a71-43cd...@googlegroups.com>,
Timothy Bruening <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>Happy 4th in 2 days!

Quit posting such junk trash Satanic inspired post Tim!!
You are correct % ! Tim Bruening is mentally ill and is crying Wolf!

The Doctor

Jul 2, 2019, 7:48:55 PM7/2/19
In article <923744a3-0f64-47d2...@googlegroups.com>,
Timothy Bruening <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>Grandstand a BBC sports news program 1958-2007.

Try again!

Timothy Bruening

Jul 2, 2019, 11:45:13 PM7/2/19
At the time I saw the Q and answered it, my computer said that the date was July 1.

Timothy Bruening

Jul 2, 2019, 11:46:22 PM7/2/19
On Sunday, June 30, 2019 at 8:38:25 PM UTC-7, The Doctor wrote:
> In article <6ba0b4ff-f5a8-4861...@googlegroups.com>,
> Timothy Bruening <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >No Doctor Who! Doctor Who was heading for a 4th of July episode in
> >1964, when it suddenly time jumped to July 11!
> >
> >The Sensorites "The Unwilling Warriors" aired in the UK on 27 June 1964,
> >then jumped to 11 July for "Hidden Danger".
>
> And today?

June 30 was Tunguska Day.

The Doctor

Jul 3, 2019, 1:16:14 PM7/3/19
In article <33c62241-7677-4960...@googlegroups.com>,
Then you should look at when it was posted instead of what
time is it right now!

The Doctor

Jul 3, 2019, 1:20:43 PM7/3/19
In article <4d04f199-2c68-46d8...@googlegroups.com>,
Timothy Bruening <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Sunday, June 30, 2019 at 8:38:25 PM UTC-7, The Doctor wrote:
>> In article <6ba0b4ff-f5a8-4861...@googlegroups.com>,
>> Timothy Bruening <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >No Doctor Who! Doctor Who was heading for a 4th of July episode in
>> >1964, when it suddenly time jumped to July 11!
>> >
>> >The Sensorites "The Unwilling Warriors" aired in the UK on 27 June 1964,
>> >then jumped to 11 July for "Hidden Danger".
>>
>> And today?
>
>June 30 was Tunguska Day.

Well your spamtrolling will lead to you seeing a
meteor falling o n your head!

Timothy Bruening

Jul 4, 2019, 9:30:57 AM7/4/19
Happy 4th Of July!

The Doctor

Jul 4, 2019, 5:39:14 PM7/4/19
In article <b42a903b-2cdc-499f...@googlegroups.com>,
Timothy Bruening <tsbr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>Happy 4th Of July!

Quit posting such junk trash Satanic inspired post Tim!!

Your signal-to-noise ratio is very low Tim!

No one cares Tim! This is NOT relevant drwho content Tim!

Stop Disrespecting, polluting and spamtrolling rec.arts.drwho Tim!!

No one wants to see such posts on rec.arts.drwho Tim!

Your employer Davis Enterprise newspaper will find out about you and
terminate your employment!

You are NOT posting content Tim.

You are not posting viable content Tim!

You are being rude and inconsiderate Tim!!

You are behaving as if you have schizophrenia and Tourette's syndrome
and not autism Tim!!

You are acting like a Trump Republican supporter Tim!

You are making enemies!! Your behaviour is unacceptable Tim!

You are showing yourself to be anti-social.

You will be remembered as the terrorist of rec.arts.drwho on the order of
Osama Bin Laden of Al-Qaeda !

Such posts are as bad as crashing jetliners into the World Trade centers.

Your spamtrolling is not appreciated Tim!!

Your spamtrolling posts are less and less apreciated each passing day!

Stop giving rec.arts.drwho the middle finger Tim!

http://www.googlism.com/who_is/t/tim_bruening/

Googlism for: tim bruening

tim bruening is a troll
tim bruening is a troll

Idlehands has claimed to have killfiled you Tim!
We even times, stand up eight. -Japanese proverb