The Oracle Of Who: A Game

1 view

Daniel Ben-Zvi

Nov 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/1/96

With everything going on in this group at the moment, I thought I
might try something that might cheer us all up a little.....

Hown many of you have ever heard of The Oracle Of Bacon? For those of
you who haven't, it's a game on the Internet which postulates that the
actor Kevin Bacon is the center of the entertainment Universe and that
you can link any actor back to him in six steps. Nice try but we all
know the game has one central flaw: Kevin bacon *ain't* the center of
the Entertainment Universe.

Doctor Who is.:)

So, here's the game: Take any actor and link him back to Who in six
steps or less, trying to do so in the fewest number of steps possible.
The number of steps it takes to link a celebrity back to Who is that
celebrities Who number.

Here's an example:

Jim Carrey has a Who number of 6
Jim Carrey was in DUMB AND DUMBER with Lauren Holly
Lauren Holly is in TURBULENCE with Ray Liotta
Ray Liotta was in GOODFELLAS with Robert Deniro
Robert Deniro was in MEAN STREETS with Harvey Keitel
Harvey Keitel is in ILLUMINATIONS with Paul Mcgann
Paul Mcgann was in ENEMY WITHIN

Isn't that easy?:)

As in any game, there are some rules:

Movies and TV shows count for linking purposes. Nothing else does.

The actor has to have some sort of profile (No fair choosing an actor
who made one movie in Siberia before getting sent off to the Gulag.:)
). Accordingly, no choosing porn actors unless they've also done
legit stuff (such as Traci Lords doing Melrose Place).

You do not have to link strictly through Doctors. Companions,
supporting cast ,whomever: if they were on the show, they're an
acceptable link.

Thanks to Elsa Frohman, Meg Lahey, Becky Robinson, Mike Doran, and
Venice Buhain for helping me to road test this last night.:)

So, you ready? Good. Let's play.;)

TTFN,
Dan Ben-Zvi

Richard Prekodravac

Nov 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/2/96

The "delicate genius" Daniel Ben-Zvi, isr...@bridge.net wrote:

Before I comment on the game can I just point out one thing:

Daniel wrote:
>legit stuff (such as Traci Lords doing Melrose Place).

um do you realise what you wrote? Legit and Melrose do not belong in the
same sentence, ever. It be like the Doctor saying "I'm half human" :)

>Here's an example:
>
>Jim Carrey has a Who number of 6
>Jim Carrey was in DUMB AND DUMBER with Lauren Holly
>Lauren Holly is in TURBULENCE with Ray Liotta
>Ray Liotta was in GOODFELLAS with Robert Deniro
>Robert Deniro was in MEAN STREETS with Harvey Keitel
>Harvey Keitel is in ILLUMINATIONS with Paul Mcgann
>Paul Mcgann was in ENEMY WITHIN
>
>Isn't that easy?:)
>
>As in any game, there are some rules:
>
>Movies and TV shows count for linking purposes. Nothing else does.

So no brother - sister connection.

>So, you ready? Good. Let's play.;)

Roger Moore has a Who number of 2
Roger Moore was in FOR YOUR EYES ONLY with Julian Glover
Julian Glover was in CITY OF DEATH

James Earl Jones has a Who number of 2
James Earl Jones was in EMPIRE STRIKES BACK with Julian Glover
Julian Glover was in CITY OF DEATH

Harrison Ford has a Who number of 2
Harrison Ford was in EMPIRE STRIKES BACK with Julian Glover
Julian Glover was in CITY OF DEATH

Richard

Daniel Ben-Zvi

Nov 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/2/96

Richard Prekodravac <rpre...@extro.ucc.su.oz.au> wrote:

>The "delicate genius" Daniel Ben-Zvi, isr...@bridge.net wrote:

>Before I comment on the game can I just point out one thing:

>Daniel wrote:
>>legit stuff (such as Traci Lords doing Melrose Place).

>um do you realise what you wrote? Legit and Melrose do not belong in the
>same sentence, ever. It be like the Doctor saying "I'm half human" :)

Okay, a particularly bad example on my part, sorry.:) What I mean by
"legit" is stuff that isn't pornographic. Whether or not it's any
good is irrelevant.:)

(snip...)

>>As in any game, there are some rules:
>>
>>Movies and TV shows count for linking purposes. Nothing else does.

>So no brother - sister connection.

Yup, no connection based on relationships. For example, you can link
Sandra Dickinson and Peter Davison through The Hitchhiker's Guide To
The Galaxy but you can't link them through their marriage.

>>So, you ready? Good. Let's play.;)

>Roger Moore has a Who number of 2
>Roger Moore was in FOR YOUR EYES ONLY with Julian Glover
>Julian Glover was in CITY OF DEATH

>James Earl Jones has a Who number of 2
>James Earl Jones was in EMPIRE STRIKES BACK with Julian Glover
>Julian Glover was in CITY OF DEATH

>Harrison Ford has a Who number of 2
>Harrison Ford was in EMPIRE STRIKES BACK with Julian Glover
>Julian Glover was in CITY OF DEATH

I'm impressed, Richard! Some nice examples.

TTFN,
Dan Ben-Zvi

Terisa

Nov 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/2/96

Daniel Ben-Zvi wrote:

> So, here's the game: Take any actor and link him back to Who in six
> steps or less, trying to do so in the fewest number of steps possible.
> The number of steps it takes to link a celebrity back to Who is that
> celebrities Who number.
>
> Here's an example:
>
> Jim Carrey has a Who number of 6
> Jim Carrey was in DUMB AND DUMBER with Lauren Holly
> Lauren Holly is in TURBULENCE with Ray Liotta
> Ray Liotta was in GOODFELLAS with Robert Deniro
> Robert Deniro was in MEAN STREETS with Harvey Keitel
> Harvey Keitel is in ILLUMINATIONS with Paul Mcgann
> Paul Mcgann was in ENEMY WITHIN
>
> Isn't that easy?:)

We'll see.

Okay, let's give this a try. ;-)

Anthony Hopkins has a Who # of 6
Anthony Hopkins was in SILENCE OF THE LAMBS with Jodie Foster
Jodie Foster was in THE ACCUSED with Kelly McGillis (?)
Kelly McGillis was in TOP GUN with Tom Cruise
Tom Cruise was in LEGEND with Tim Curry
Tim Curry was in THE ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW with Patricia Quinn
And Patricia Quinn was in DRAGONFIRE!

Oh, this is fun!
--
Later.

Terisa
??????
"But you're always sad. You're the saddest person I know. I don't know
why you don't do more trainspotting." -Crud
"Hey, gee, I love trainspotting. It's just jumping out the way of the
trains that I hate." -Ivor
"Then don't." -Crud
(From Ghoul Lashed)

Ian McIntire

Nov 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/3/96

>The "delicate genius" Daniel Ben-Zvi, isr...@bridge.net wrote:
>>Here's an example:
>>
>>Jim Carrey has a Who number of 6
>>Jim Carrey was in DUMB AND DUMBER with Lauren Holly
>>Lauren Holly is in TURBULENCE with Ray Liotta
>>Ray Liotta was in GOODFELLAS with Robert Deniro
>>Robert Deniro was in MEAN STREETS with Harvey Keitel
>>Harvey Keitel is in ILLUMINATIONS with Paul Mcgann
>>Paul Mcgann was in ENEMY WITHIN

Actually, Jim Carrey has a Who number of 2
Jim Carrey was in The Cable Guy with Eric Roberts
... who was in Enemy Within.

Ian McIntire i...@cwru.edu

K. M. Wilcox

Nov 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/3/96

Patricia and/or Donald Gillikin wrote:

> Any major STAR WARS actor also has a WHO rating of two through various
> combinations (usually through actors playing Imperial officers).

Any Star Wars actor has a rating of two through David Prowse (Darth
Vader's body and the minotaur in "Time Monster") who was in all three,
Of course, this excludes those actors who, like Jeremy "Boba Fett/Hal the
Archer" Bulloch, have ratings of one.

K. M. Wilcox
Peter Sellers is rated two, since William Hartnell was in "The Mouse that
Roared".

Harry Crotzer

Nov 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/4/96

In <327C63...@uwec.edu> "Christopher A. Graewin"

<grae...@uwec.edu> writes:

>> The "delicate genius" Daniel Ben-Zvi, isr...@bridge.net wrote:
>
>> >Here's an example:
>> >
>> >Jim Carrey has a Who number of 6
>> >Jim Carrey was in DUMB AND DUMBER with Lauren Holly
>> >Lauren Holly is in TURBULENCE with Ray Liotta
>> >Ray Liotta was in GOODFELLAS with Robert Deniro
>> >Robert Deniro was in MEAN STREETS with Harvey Keitel
>> >Harvey Keitel is in ILLUMINATIONS with Paul Mcgann
>> >Paul Mcgann was in ENEMY WITHIN
>> >
>> >Isn't that easy?:)
>
>Oh, please. I can do better that that. Watch this:

>Jim Carrey has a Who number of 2
>Jim Carrey was in ACE VENTURA: PET DETECTIVE, which featured a photo
of Cybermen
>These particular Cybermen were in THE INVASION.
>
>Okay, so I tried.
>
>Christopher A. Graewin

There's a photo of CYBERMEN in "Ace Ventura"?!?!?!

K. M. Wilcox

Nov 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/4/96

Harry Crotzer wrote:

> There's a photo of CYBERMEN in "Ace Ventura"?!?!?!

According to a tabloid cover, they're the aliens which have kidnapped
Dan Marino. It's under the photo of Finkle across which the dog lies (in
that very moving scene). [Insert smiley here]

K. M. Wilcox
It's the best thing about the movie.

Christopher D. Heer

Nov 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/4/96

In article <55fkd3$r...@metro.ucc.su.OZ.AU>, Richard Prekodravac
(rpre...@extro.ucc.su.oz.au) says...

>Harrison Ford has a Who number of 2
>Harrison Ford was in EMPIRE STRIKES BACK with Julian Glover
>Julian Glover was in CITY OF DEATH

Actually, you can get there a few ways.

Harrison Ford has a Who number of 2
Harrison Ford was in STAR WARS with Peter Cushing
Peter Cushing was in DOCTOR WHO AND THE DALEKS

Harrison Ford has a Who number of 2
Harrison Ford was in STAR WARS with Pat Gorman
Pat Gorman was in about a zillion Pertwee stories
--
Christopher D. Heer / ch...@us.oracle.com / ch...@eskimo.com
rec.arts.drwho Quote File submissions by email

Christopher D. Heer

Nov 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/4/96

In article <55iap6$n...@news.citynet.net>, Patricia and/or Donald Gillikin
(gill...@citynet.net) says...

>isr...@bridge.net (Daniel Ben-Zvi) wrote:

>>With everything going on in this group at the moment, I thought I
>>might try something that might cheer us all up a little.....

>I always thought that the Oracle of Who was Chris Heer
>(ch...@us.oracle.com). :-)

Terrific! Saves me from making the joke myself and seeming like an arrogant
bastard.

(Okay, okay, add "more of" where needed.)

>See, you've even got the word "cheer" in your first sentence.

>Of course, altering the game to link actors to Chris Heer somewhere along
>the line before linking them to DOCTOR WHO would make the game more
>difficult, if not nearly impossible, to play.

Since I haven't appeared in anything, it could be tricky. JML and I played
this game with acquaintanceships, though. . . I'm just a hop away from Nimoy,
for example. :)

A.V. Tobin

Nov 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/5/96

Terisa (tlam...@mail.sdsu.edu) wrote:

: Okay, let's give this a try. ;-)

:
: Anthony Hopkins has a Who # of 6
: Anthony Hopkins was in SILENCE OF THE LAMBS with Jodie Foster
: Jodie Foster was in THE ACCUSED with Kelly McGillis (?)
: Kelly McGillis was in TOP GUN with Tom Cruise
: Tom Cruise was in LEGEND with Tim Curry
: Tim Curry was in THE ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW with Patricia Quinn
: And Patricia Quinn was in DRAGONFIRE!

I think it could be even shorter than that...
Anthony Hopkins was in REMAINS OF THE DAY with Emma Thompson
Emma Thompson was in MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING with Brian Blessed
Brian Blessed was in TRIAL OF A TIME LORD as Yrcanos.

: Oh, this is fun!

You're right! Here's one: Bruce Willis.

: --
: Later.

Alison
: Terisa

Daniel Ben-Zvi

Nov 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/5/96

a...@idsonline.com (A.V. Tobin) wrote:

>You're right! Here's one: Bruce Willis.

Here goes:

Bruce Wilis was in MORTAL THOUGHTS with Demi Moore
Demi Moore was in A FEW GOOD MEN with Tom Cruise

Tom Cruise was in LEGEND with Tim Curry

Tim Curry was in THE THREE MUSKETEERS with Paul Mcgann

Paul Mcgann was in ENEMY WITHIN

Which, BTW, gives Bruce a Who rating of 5.:)

TTFN,
Dan Ben-Zvi

K. M. Wilcox

Nov 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/5/96

Daniel Ben-Zvi wrote:

> a...@idsonline.com (A.V. Tobin) wrote:

> >You're right! Here's one: Bruce Willis.

[snipped]

> Which, BTW, gives Bruce a Who rating of 5.:)

Or...
He was in DIE HARD with Alan Rickman...
who was in ROBIN HOOD: PRINCE OF THIEVES with Brian Blessed...
who was King Yrcanos in TOATL 5-8

for 3.

K. M. Wilcox

A.V. Tobin

Nov 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/5/96

O.K. Have to think of someone really tricky....
(think think think)

How about:

-Winona Ryder
-Patrick Stewart
-Tom Selleck

Any takers?

Alison
I ask, of course, because I can't do them myself....;)

Richard Prekodravac

Nov 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/5/96

the "dolly gent" Ratbat, u96...@student.canberra.edu.au wrote:
>Gary Sweet

Gary Sweet was in Police Rescue with Mark Strikson
Mark Strikson is Turlough

Gary Sweet has a Who #2

How about David Lynch?

Richard
media propagates mediocrity

Ratbat

Nov 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/6/96

On 5 Nov 1996, A.V. Tobin wrote:

> You're right! Here's one: Bruce Willis.

All right...let's give it a shot...
Bruce was in THE PLAYER, as was Jeff Goldblum.
Jeff was in THE TALL GUY, as was Harold Innocent...
..who just happened to play Gilbert M in THE HAPPINESS PATROL!

Bruce Willis has a Who # of 3.

Hmm, I sohuld really deliver a follow-up challenge.

OK, you want *really* obscure?

Roger Hanin.

Or, easier:
Gary Sweet.

Urac 'Ratbat' Sigma, wonder if I've got WHO #, even if it might be a
really really high one...

{----------------------------------------------------------------------------}
{ 'You've been certain about three different people!' }
{ 'Yeah, but this time I'm *really* certain!' }
{ }
{ - Sam and Al, QUANTUM LEAP - GLITTER ROCK }
{----------------------------------------------------------------------------}
{ Urac 'Ratbat' Sigma }
{ Nest: http://www.geocities.com/hollywood/1778 }
{ Email: u96...@student.canberra.edu.au }
{----------------------------------------------------------------------------}

Deanna Light

Nov 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/6/96

In article <55oi22$k...@news2.cais.com>, A.V. Tobin <a...@idsonline.com> wrote:
>-Tom Selleck

Easy one!

Tom Selleck played with Peter Davison in MAGNUM PI (one episode)
Peter Davison was Doctor #5

Does that mean Tom has a Who Number of 1 or 2?

This is fun!

Deanna

Patricia and/or Donald Gillikin

Nov 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/6/96

Okay, I can do Tom Selleck.

Tom Selleck was in LASSITER with Jane Seymour. Jane Seymour was in
FRANKENSTEIN: THE UNTOLD STORY with Tom Baker. Tom Baker was the Fourth
Doctor.

-Donald
--
"Yes, let me guess. My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I
never answer letters and you don't like my tie."

Daniel Ben-Zvi

Nov 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/6/96

a...@idsonline.com (A.V. Tobin) wrote:

>O.K. Have to think of someone really tricky....
>(think think think)

>How about:

>-Winona Ryder
>-Patrick Stewart
>-Tom Selleck

Oh, Allison, come on!

Winona Ryder was in LITTLE WOMEN with Susan Sarandon
Susan Sarandon was in THE ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW with Patricia
Quinn
Patricia Quinn was in DRAGONFIRE
Winona Ryder has a Who rating of 3

Tom Selleck was in MAGNUM P.I. with Peter Davison
Peter Davison was the fifth Doctor (choose any story).
Tom Selleck has a Who rating of 2.

I'm not sure exactly what the links are but I'm pretty sure Patrick
Stewart links: Patrick Stewart-Derek Jacobi-Brian Blessed, giving
Patrick a Who rating of 3.

And did you see my Bruce Willis link?:)

TTFN,
Dan Ben-Zvi

Rob Stradling

Nov 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/6/96

Patricia and/or Donald Gillikin wrote:

> >How about:
> >
> >-Winona Ryder
> >-Patrick Stewart
> >-Tom Selleck
> >

> >Any takers?

Winona Ryder was in DRACULA with Anthony Hopkins.
Hopkins was in A BRIDGE TOO FAR with Garrick Hagon.
Hagon was in THE MUTANTS.

Patrick Stewart was in a ST:TNG episode with Maurice Roeves (sorry,
can't be bothered to find the umlaut!)
Roeves was in ANDROZANI.

Tom Selleck was in THREE MEN &... with Ted Danson
Danson was in CHEERS with John Ratzenberger
Ratz was in THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK with Michael Sheard
Sheard was in bloody EVERYTHING.

Got any HARD ones?!

WHCH,
Rob

K. M. Wilcox

Nov 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/6/96

> Patrick Stewart was in a ST:TNG episode with Maurice Roeves (sorry,
> can't be bothered to find the umlaut!)
> Roeves was in ANDROZANI.

It was "The Chase" (no relation). Since actors from Who are given the
rank of 1 (This should be 0, but everyone's been using 1.), this means that
the sixth-season regular cast of ST:TNG (and a few guest stars) are all now
at 2, the lowest one can get without being on the show. This also means
that all TNG guest stars (and earlier regulars), all DS9 regulars (and
guests from "Emissary" and seasons 4 and 5), and the Voyager regulars (plus
a few guests) have ranks no higher than 3.

Interestingly, I've found a handful of Who actors whose work has helped
ease the process. Michael "Toymaker/Hedin" Gough's work as Alfred in the
(soon to be) four Batman films has given 2's to, among others, Michael
Keaton, Kim Basinger, Jack Nicholson, Pat Hingle, Michelle Pfieffer, Danny
DeVito, Christopher Walken, Val Kilmer, Jim Carrey (reinforced by "The
Cable Guy" with Eric "The Master" Roberts), Tommy Lee Jones, Nicole Kidman,
Chris O'Donnell, Arnold Schwarzenegger, George Clooney, Uma Thurman, and
John Glover. Plus, there's Julian "King Richard/Jagaroth" Glover (no
relation), who's worked with two of the James Bonds (Sean Connery in
"Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" and Roger Moore in "For Your Eyes
Only"), John "Art Critic" Cleese, who grants 2's to the rest of Monty
Python and others, and Brian "King Yrcanos" Blessed, who's appeared in
two Kenneth Branaugh Shakespearean adaptations and "Flash Gordon" with
Max Von Sydow, Ornella Muti, and Timothy Dalton (another Bond!). Add in
Tom Baker's role in the "Hounded Steele" episode of a certain Pierce
Brosnan series, and the only Bond I have to look up is George Lazenby.
Then when one considers the actors from the 1996 movie, especially
Eric Roberts, the list grows. In fact, earlier today I found out that
a security guard in the film was an orderly in "Look Who's Talking", which
means that I can move Bruce Willis down from a 3 to a 2.

K. M. Wilcox
Now we aren't counting the Peter Cushing films, right?

R.J. Smith

Nov 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/6/96

In article <55p0s4$2...@skyway.bridge.net>,

Daniel Ben-Zvi <isr...@bridge.net> wrote:
>a...@idsonline.com (A.V. Tobin) wrote:

>>How about:

>>-Patrick Stewart

>I'm not sure exactly what the links are but I'm pretty sure Patrick
>Stewart links: Patrick Stewart-Derek Jacobi-Brian Blessed, giving
>Patrick a Who rating of 3.

Nope, it's definitely a 2: the guy who played Stotz in Caves of Androzani
was in the ST:TNG episode 'The Chase'. There are probably other Who
actors who starred in TNG at one point or another.

- Robert Smith?

Ratbat

Nov 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/7/96

On Wed, 6 Nov 1996, Daniel Ben-Zvi wrote:

> a...@idsonline.com (A.V. Tobin) wrote:
>
> >O.K. Have to think of someone really tricky....
> >(think think think)
>

> >How about:
>
> >-Winona Ryder
> >-Patrick Stewart
> >-Tom Selleck
>

> Oh, Allison, come on!
>
> Winona Ryder was in LITTLE WOMEN with Susan Sarandon
> Susan Sarandon was in THE ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW with Patricia
> Quinn
> Patricia Quinn was in DRAGONFIRE
> Winona Ryder has a Who rating of 3
>
> Tom Selleck was in MAGNUM P.I. with Peter Davison
> Peter Davison was the fifth Doctor (choose any story).
> Tom Selleck has a Who rating of 2.
>

> I'm not sure exactly what the links are but I'm pretty sure Patrick
> Stewart links: Patrick Stewart-Derek Jacobi-Brian Blessed, giving
> Patrick a Who rating of 3.

Actually, two - Patrick ws in the BBC HAMLET along with Lalla Ward.

> And did you see my Bruce Willis link?:)

Did you see mine? :)

OK, try...

Keanu Reeves
George Reeve
Mark Mitchell
Jerry Seinfeld
Pamela Anderson

(I can do these, butI thought I'd offer them up anyway...)

Urac 'Ratbat' Sigma, would you believe a 4?

Ian McIntire

Nov 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/7/96

I wrote (yes, I'm following up to my own post. Sorry!):
>Rob Stradling <strad...@cableol.net> wrote:

>>Patrick Stewart was in a ST:TNG episode with Maurice Roeves (sorry,
>>can't be bothered to find the umlaut!)
>>Roeves was in ANDROZANI.
>
>I once saw a videotaped production of Hamlet featuring Patrick Stewart
>as Claudius and Lalla Ward as Ophelia.

This gives Stewart a Who number of two, and (provided you count theatre,
and not just film and TV) me a four!

(I was in a production of "The Madwoman of Challiot" with a man named
Mark Gates. Mark had a bit part in "LA Story," which also featured
Patrick Stewart.)

Ian McIntire i...@cwru.edu

Ian McIntire

Nov 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/7/96

Rob Stradling <strad...@cableol.net> wrote:
>Patricia and/or Donald Gillikin wrote:
>
>> >How about:
>> >
>> >-Patrick Stewart
>Patrick Stewart was in a ST:TNG episode with Maurice Roeves (sorry,
>can't be bothered to find the umlaut!)
>Roeves was in ANDROZANI.

I once saw a videotaped production of Hamlet featuring Patrick Stewart
as Claudius and Lalla Ward as Ophelia.

Ian "Polonius a few weeks ago" McIntire i...@cwru.edu

Patricia and/or Donald Gillikin

Nov 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/7/96

Oh, I'm sorry. I thought that we were linking people through theatrical
films they had done, not television shows.

Richard Augood

Nov 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/7/96

Richard Prekodravac wrote:

> How about David Lynch?

David Lynch has done tons of stuff with Kyle Maclachlan.
Kyle Maclachlan was in a Vodafone advert with Jon Pertwee.

David Lynch has a Dr Who number of no more than 3.

Rico.

Dennis McLaughlin

Nov 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/7/96

A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away, Ratbat
<u96...@student.canberra.edu.au> led us all to believe:

>Keanu Reeves
>George Reeve
>Mark Mitchell
>Jerry Seinfeld
>Pamela Anderson

Jerry Seinfeld:
Jon Voigt appeard on Seinfeld
Jon Voigt was in "Runaway Train" with Eric Roberts
Jerry Seinfeld has a Who# of 2

(If the movie doesn't count, then it's a Who# of 3 with the addition
of Eric Roberts in the film "Doctor Who" with Sylvester McCoy who was
the seventh Doctor.)

Keanu Reeves:
Keanu Reeves was in "Much Ado About Nothing" with Brian Blessed
Brian Blessed was in "The Trial of a Time Lord"
Keanu Reeves has a Who# of 2

Dennis McLaughlin (den...@anet-chi.com)
j;-{p>
"How do you make God laugh?" "Make a plan."

KJ Mobberley

Nov 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/7/96

Daniel Ben-Zvi (isr...@bridge.net) wrote:
: a...@idsonline.com (A.V. Tobin) wrote:
:
:
: >You're right! Here's one: Bruce Willis.
:
: Here goes:

:
: Bruce Wilis was in MORTAL THOUGHTS with Demi Moore
: Demi Moore was in A FEW GOOD MEN with Tom Cruise
: Tom Cruise was in LEGEND with Tim Curry
: Tim Curry was in THE THREE MUSKETEERS with Paul Mcgann
: Paul Mcgann was in ENEMY WITHIN
:
: Which, BTW, gives Bruce a Who rating of 5.:)
Bruce's rating is , in fact, 3.
Bruce Willis was in MoonLighting with Orson Welles.
Orson Welles was in Citizen Kane with George Colouris
George Colouris was Arbitan in The Keys of Marinus.

.
Korvin . "I know, thanks to science,
u4...@cc.keele.ac.uk . . that God exists.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ . . But I don't believe it!"

A.V. Tobin

Nov 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/8/96

O.K, who can do these?

-Roseanne
-David Duchovny
-me (joking, although it's about 5 if home movies count)
-Jon Lovitz

Have fun!
Alison

A.V. Tobin

Nov 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/8/96

Daniel Ben-Zvi (isr...@bridge.net) wrote:

: Winona Ryder was in LITTLE WOMEN with Susan Sarandon

: Susan Sarandon was in THE ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW with Patricia
: Quinn
: Patricia Quinn was in DRAGONFIRE
: Winona Ryder has a Who rating of 3

Very good!

: Tom Selleck was in MAGNUM P.I. with Peter Davison

: Peter Davison was the fifth Doctor (choose any story).
: Tom Selleck has a Who rating of 2.

D'OH! <Alison slaps her head>

: I'm not sure exactly what the links are but I'm pretty sure Patrick

: Stewart links: Patrick Stewart-Derek Jacobi-Brian Blessed, giving
: Patrick a Who rating of 3.

Oh yes, I remember now! "I Claudius": Stewart was Sejanus, Jacobi was
Claudius and Blessed was Augustus. I am filled with shame.... my
memory is so bad. :(

: And did you see my Bruce Willis link?:)

Most certainly! Well done!

Alison
You realize of course, I'll have to make you do Hulk Hogan now :)

TTFN,
: Dan Ben-Zvi :

DANIEL BEN-ZVI

Nov 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/8/96

Patricia and/or Donald Gillikin wrote:

(snip)

> Oh, I'm sorry. I thought that we were linking people through theatrical
> films they had done, not television shows.

Like I said in the rules, you can link through tv and movies. Anything
else doesn't count.

TTFN,
Dan Ben-Zvi

suki...@aol.com

Nov 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/8/96

In article <5601l0$g...@kirin.wwa.com>, a...@idsonline.com (A.V. Tobin)
writes:

>O.K, who can do these?

Hmmmm, I'll try.

>-Roseanne
Roseanne was in She-Devil with Meryl Streep, Meryl Streep was in Out of
Africa with Michael Gough and Michael Gough was in Celestial Toymaker.
Who rating of: 3
Of course we can't count that Roseanne and Tom Baker were both in versions
of the Fay Weldon novel Life and Loves of a She Devil can we? If not here
rating would just be 2.
>-David Duchovny
David Duchovny was in Beethoven with Oliver Platt, Oliver Platt was in
Three Musketeers with Paul McGann, and we all know what Paul was in;-)
Who rating of: 3

>-me (joking, although it's about 5 if home movies count)
>-Jon Lovitz

Jon Lovitz was in High School High with John Neville, John Neville was in
The Adventures of Baron Munchausen with Petter Jeffery who was in Androids
of Tara.
Who rating of: 3

Suki:)

>Have fun!
>Alison

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
"They're all the rage in Trenton New Jersey."-4th Doctor Who, Stones of
Blood"
????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
"I have but one god, and his name is Petofi."- Count Andreas Petofi, Dark
Shadows

suki...@aol.com

Nov 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/8/96

OK, now it's my turn. How many can get these fellows:
David Selby
David Suchet
Jerry Lacy
Damien Thomas
Ed Wood
And how about The Oracle of Tom Baker(and you can only link them with
Doctor Who when Tom was the Doctor 1974-1981):
Tim Curry
Any of the guys above
Kevin Bacon(last time I was at the Oracle of KB they said they couldn't
link him with Tom)
Bela Lugosi

Suki:)

Piera

Nov 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/8/96

These words of wisdom tumbled forth from KJ Mobberley...

> Daniel Ben-Zvi (isr...@bridge.net) wrote:
> : a...@idsonline.com (A.V. Tobin) wrote:
> :
> :
> : >You're right! Here's one: Bruce Willis.
> :
> : Here goes:
> :
> : Bruce Wilis was in MORTAL THOUGHTS with Demi Moore
> : Demi Moore was in A FEW GOOD MEN with Tom Cruise
> : Tom Cruise was in LEGEND with Tim Curry
> : Tim Curry was in THE THREE MUSKETEERS with Paul Mcgann
> : Paul Mcgann was in ENEMY WITHIN
> :
> : Which, BTW, gives Bruce a Who rating of 5.:)
> Bruce's rating is , in fact, 3.
> Bruce Willis was in MoonLighting with Orson Welles.
> Orson Welles was in Citizen Kane with George Colouris
> George Colouris was Arbitan in The Keys of Marinus.

Damn, you people are good! Ok, here are some obscure names:

Sissy Spacek
Art Carney
Quenten Tarantino
John Rhys Davies
Rowan Atkinson
Stephen Fry

Cheers,
Piera

Daniel Frankham

Nov 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/9/96

Ratbat <u96...@student.canberra.edu.au> begat these words:

>Or, easier:
>Gary Sweet.

I suppose this has been done already, but:

Gary Sweet was in THE LIGHTHORESMEN with Bill Kerr
Bill Kerr was in Doctor Who.

We're all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.
---------------------------------------------------------------Oscar Wilde

K. M. Wilcox

Nov 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/9/96

Piera wrote:

> These words of wisdom tumbled forth from KJ Mobberley...

> > Bruce's rating is , in fact, 3.
> > Bruce Willis was in MoonLighting with Orson Welles.
> > Orson Welles was in Citizen Kane with George Colouris
> > George Colouris was Arbitan in The Keys of Marinus.

Actually, I used a bit actor from "Enemy Within" and "Look Who's
Talking" to get him down to 2.

> Damn, you people are good! Ok, here are some obscure names:

> John Rhys Davies

I'll snip the others, but this one's easy. Easy-peasy. He's a 2.
He and Julian Glover were in "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade".

K. M. Wilcox
It's all in my magnum opus earlier in this thread.

K. M. Wilcox

Nov 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/9/96

In article <kmwilcox-091...@smf-g16.facsmf.utexas.edu>,
kmwi...@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu (K. M. Wilcox) wrote:

> Piera (I think it was her, anyway.) wrote:

>Rowan Atkinson

This is another one which I should have gotten right away. His father
in the "The Black Adder" (That's the first one.) was Brian "Yrcanos"
Blessed. Also, I found a cast list for "On Her Magesty's Secret Service",
and James Bree (from "The War Games") was there. Thus, all the Bonds now
have 2's. Some, of course, worked with so many Who actors, it's almost
tempting to bump them down to 1's. [Insert smiley here]

K. M. Wilcox

AA Folkes

Nov 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/9/96

: writes:
: >-David Duchovny

: David Duchovny was in Beethoven with Oliver Platt, Oliver Platt was in
: Three Musketeers with Paul McGann, and we all know what Paul was in;-)
: Who rating of: 3

How about David Duchovny was on Aunties All Time Greats,
so were All the Doctors in a montage ( plus The Daleks ),
and Pete and Sylv alive.
That makes I think a Who number of 2.
Same for Gillian Anderson.

--
| Aidan Alexander Folkes af6...@bristol.ac.uk _______________
|____________________________________________________|
I can't think of anything profound, funny, witty or in any other way
interesting.

Rob Stradling

Nov 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/10/96

On Fri, 8 Nov 1996 21:37:50 -0500, pi...@panix.com (Piera) wrote:

>Damn, you people are good!

Thank you!

>Ok, here are some obscure names:
>

>Sissy Spacek
>Art Carney
>Quenten Tarantino

Good ones! Hmm...

>John Rhys Davies
Done him already; 2

>Rowan Atkinson
>Stephen Fry

Much, much too easy! Simon Jones from BLACKADDER II - POTATO was in
THE MIND ROBBER! Both 2!

Keep 'em coming!
;-)
Rob.

Harry Crotzer

Nov 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/11/96

Ok, guys, I've finally thought one up. Sir Laurence Olivier (sp?) has a
Who rating of 2.

Sir Laurence Olivier was in JASON AND THE ARGONAUTS with Pat Troughton
Pat Troughton was the Second Doctor in DOCTOR WHO

K. M. Wilcox

Nov 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/11/96

Last night, I found 2's for two more of the names brought up. Ted
Danson gets a 2 (as do all the "Cheers" regulars for that season) from
John Cleese's Emmy-winning appearance. David Suchet gets a 2 since he
was in a mini-series with Jean "Joanna/Sara Kingdom/Morgaine" Marsh.
Also, I'm not sure, but IIRC, Chris Barrie was brought up, and he would
also be a 2 (as would Craig Charles, Danny John-Jules, and both actors
who played Holly) for the "Red Dwarf" episode with Angela "Brigadier
Bambera" Bruce (as the female Lister in "Parallel Universe").

K. M. Wilcox
Soon, everyone will be a 2. Except the 1's, of course.

Daniel Frankham

Nov 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/12/96

isr...@bridge.net (Daniel Ben-Zvi) begat these words:

>Richard Prekodravac <rpre...@extro.ucc.su.oz.au> wrote:

>>James Earl Jones has a Who number of 2
>>James Earl Jones was in EMPIRE STRIKES BACK with Julian Glover
>>Julian Glover was in CITY OF DEATH

I think James Earl Jones deserves a Who number of 1.5 -- after all, he and
Dave Prowse (THE TIME MONSTER) both play the same character in the STAR
WARS films :)

I haven't seen the original post yet -- are we including the 60s Dalek
movies? If so, then practically every great horror star of the 30s - 60s
has a Who rating of 2 for being in movies with Peter Cushing...

K. M. Wilcox

Nov 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/12/96

Daniel Frankham wrote:

> I haven't seen the original post yet -- are we including the 60s Dalek
> movies? If so, then practically every great horror star of the 30s - 60s
> has a Who rating of 2 for being in movies with Peter Cushing...

I don't think we are (I'm not.), but most wind up getting 2's anyway
through a handful of Who actors.

K. M. Wilcox
Christopher Neame (from "Shada", which I do count) has worked with both
Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing. Then there's Pat Troughton....

DANIEL BEN-ZVI

Nov 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/12/96

Daniel Frankham wrote:

(snip)

> I haven't seen the original post yet -- are we including the 60s Dalek
> movies? If so, then practically every great horror star of the 30s - 60s
> has a Who rating of 2 for being in movies with Peter Cushing...

My game, my rules. The Cushing films don't count, sorry.:)

TTFN,
Dan Ben-Zvi

Bruce Alan Greenwood

Nov 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/12/96

Okay, these ones are pretty obscure, but try and get
Michael J. Fox
Eddie Murphy

jmil...@uoft02.utoledo.edu

Nov 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/12/96

In Article <5601l0$g...@kirin.wwa.com>

a...@idsonline.com (A.V. Tobin) writes:
>O.K, who can do these?

>-Roseanne

Easy.

Roseanne appeared in "Roseanne" with John Goodman
John Goodman appeared in "Sea of Love" with Al Pacino
Al Pacino appeared in "The Godfather, Part III" with John Abineri
John Abineri appeared in lots of DW stories ("Fury from the Deep",
"The Ambassadors... of DEATH", "Death to the Daleks", "The Power of
Kroll"...)
That makes a rating of... 3 or 4?

>-David Duchovny

Easy. Gordon Tipple was an extra in one "X-Files". 2 rating.

>-Jon Lovitz

Someone just did that, via "High School High" and John Neville...

--
% Jason A. Miller % jmil...@uoft02.utoledo.edu %
% "some doctor guy" % Native New Yorker %

suki...@aol.com

Nov 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/13/96

<Okay, these ones are pretty obscure, but try and get
<Michael J. Fox
<Eddie Murphy
Now I think I can get Eddie Murphy.
Eddie Murphy was in Trading Places with Denholm Elliot, Denholm Elliot
was in Vault of Horrors with Tom Baker, and.....well I think everyone can
finish that themselves. So Eddie has a Who of 3.

Ian McIntire

Nov 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/14/96

Bruce Alan Greenwood <RD...@music.macarthur.uws.EDU.AU> wrote:
>Okay, these ones are pretty obscure, but try and get
>Michael J. Fox

.. is in "Mars Attacks" with Danny DeVito ...
.. who was in "Taxi" with Judd Hirsch ...
.. who was in "Independence Day" with Will Smith ...
.. who was in "Fresh Prince of Bel Air" with - damn, I've forgotten the
guy's name. The actor who played the butler ...
.. who was the cafe worker in "Remembrance of the Daleks.

>Eddie Murphy

.. was in "Trading Places" with Dan Akroyd (sp?) ...
.. who was in "Ghostbusters" with Sigourney Weaver ...
.. who was in "Alien^3" with Paul McGann.

Try these:
Charlie Chaplin
Marilyn Monroe
Abbott and Costello

Ian McIntire i...@cwru.edu

Keith Topping

Nov 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/15/96

In article <56e5bc$c...@alexander.INS.CWRU.Edu>
i...@cwru.edu "Ian McIntire" writes:

> Marilyn Monroe

was in 'The Prince and the Showgirl' with Laurence Oliver
who was in 'The Boys from Brazil' with Michael Gough.

Now...
Richard Burton (in one!)

--
Keith === Net Day 363

K. M. Wilcox

Nov 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/15/96

Keith Topping wrote:

> Now...
> Richard Burton (in one!)

With William Hartnell in... I'm blanking! Darn!

K. M. Wilcox
Going to look this up!

Pab Sungenis

Nov 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/16/96

And now, listen to the writings of Rob Stradling <strad...@cableol.net>:

RS> Patrick Stewart was in a ST:TNG episode with Maurice Roeves (sorry,
RS> can't be bothered to find the umlaut!)
RS> Roeves was in ANDROZANI.

Patrick Stewart was in "I, Claudius" with Patricia Quinn.
Patricia Quinn was in DRAGONFIRE.

RS> Tom Selleck was in THREE MEN &... with Ted Danson
RS> Danson was in CHEERS with John Ratzenberger
RS> Ratz was in THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK with Michael Sheard
RS> Sheard was in bloody EVERYTHING.

Shorter:

Tom Selleck was in "Three Men & Pearl Bailey" with Ted Danson
Danson was in "Cheers" with John Cleese.
John Cleese was in CITY OF DEATH.

-!-
þ RM 1.31 3233 þ Say it With Flowers -- Give Her a Triffid!

|Pab Sungenis, Vineland, New Jersey My opinions, not WOND's.|
| "You have violated Robot's Rules Of Order, and will be asked to |
| leave the future immediately." -- UhClem Holygram, "BOZOS." |
The Clinton Presidency: to be continued....

Daniel Ben-Zvi

Nov 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/16/96

p...@cnx.com (Pab Sungenis) wrote:

(snip)

>RS> Tom Selleck was in THREE MEN &... with Ted Danson
>RS> Danson was in CHEERS with John Ratzenberger
>RS> Ratz was in THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK with Michael Sheard
>RS> Sheard was in bloody EVERYTHING.
>Shorter:
>Tom Selleck was in "Three Men & Pearl Bailey" with Ted Danson
>Danson was in "Cheers" with John Cleese.
>John Cleese was in CITY OF DEATH.

Even shorter:

Tom Selleck was in MAGNUM P.I. with Peter Davison

Peter Davison was The Fifth Doctor

TTFN,
Dan Ben-Zvi

K. M. Wilcox

Nov 17, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/17/96

Keith Topping wrote:

> Now...
> Richard Burton (in one!)

He was in "Her Panelled Door" (I'm not sure of the UK title.) with
Patrick Troughton. I used "The Sixties" and another book, which listed
Burton's roles to find a match.

K. M. Wilcox
Most of the great English actors of the 1950's and 1960's worked with
Hartnell and Troughton at some point, including Troughton and Hartnell.

K. M. Wilcox

Nov 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/19/96

Here are some for you to try. I've gotten them all down to 2's or 3's.

Morey Amsterdam
Bill Cosby
Erika Eleniak (Hint: This should make more sense after Wednesday.)
David Janssen
Vicki Lawrence

K. M. Wilcox
That should get some people going....

Keith Topping

Nov 19, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/19/96

In article <kmwilcox-171...@smf-d10.facsmf.utexas.edu>

kmwi...@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu "K. M. Wilcox" writes:

>> Richard Burton (in one!)

> He was in "Her Panelled Door" (I'm not sure of the UK title.) with
> Patrick Troughton. I used "The Sixties" and another book, which listed
> Burton's roles to find a match.

Ah, wasn't aware of that one. I was thinking of 'Dr Faustus' (1968) in
which he appeared with Ian Marter.
--
Keith === Net Day 367
tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow...

Phil Hallard

Nov 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/22/96

Piera (pi...@panix.com) wrote:
: Rowan Atkinson
...was in the last epsisode of Blackadder 4 with Geoffrey Palmer,
who played that civil servant bloke in Inferno.
A 2.

: Stephen Fry
...was in A Fish Called Wanda with Geoffrey Palmer, who... see above.

This also goes for John Cleese, Jamie Lee Curtis and Leonard Rossiter
(in the Reginald Perrin series).

--
Philip Alexander Hallard BA MPhil
phil.h...@english.ox.ac.uk

Phil Hallard

Nov 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/22/96

Phil Hallard (chri...@sable.ox.ac.uk) wrote:
: This also goes for John Cleese, Jamie Lee Curtis and Leonard Rossiter
^^^^^^^^^^^
Um, what a prat. I must be tired.

Jason A. Miller

Nov 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/24/96

Ke...@tooon.demon.co.uk (Keith Topping) writes:
> kmwi...@ccwf.cc.utexas.edu "K. M. Wilcox" writes:

>>> Richard Burton (in one!)

>> He was in "Her Panelled Door" (I'm not sure of the UK title.) with
>> Patrick Troughton. I used "The Sixties" and another book, which listed
>> Burton's roles to find a match.

>Ah, wasn't aware of that one. I was thinking of 'Dr Faustus' (1968) in
>which he appeared with Ian Marter.

And let's not forget the wretchedly hideous "Staircase" (1969),
in which he appears with Beatrix Lehmann (*shudder*)

--
% Jason A. Miller % jmil...@uoft02.utoledo.edu %

% "some doctor guy" % Nielsen Ratings family! %
% "Beverly Hills, 90210" is meant to be viewed alone. In %
% fact, it gives me an opportunity to pretend I'm one of the %
% 90210 gang." -- Howard Stern %

K. M. Wilcox

Nov 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/24/96

K. M. Wilcox wrote:

> Here are some for you to try. I've gotten them all down to 2's or 3's.
> Morey Amsterdam
> Bill Cosby
> Erika Eleniak (Hint: This should make more sense after Wednesday.)
> David Janssen
> Vicki Lawrence

> That should get some people going....

But apparently it hasn't, so here are 3's for all of them.

Morey Amsterdam was on THE DICK VAN DYKE SHOW with two 2's. Van Dyke
himself was a regular on PANTOMIME QUIZ with Stubby Kaye, who was in
"Delta and the Bannermen" and was also a regular on a sitcom with a name
that escapes me with Rose Marie (also from TDVDS).

Bill Cosby starred in THE COSBY SHOW (obviously) which once or twice
featured Elaine Stritch who was in MY SISTER EILEEN with Mr Kaye (This
may have been the sitcom with Marie; I'm not sure.).

[NOTE: Though it didn't come up for these, Kaye was also the ill-fated
studio head in WHO FRAMED ROGER RABBIT. Did Cosby ever work with
Christopher Lloyd?]

Erika Eleniak was in THE BEVERLY HILLBILLIES movie with Deidrich Bader,
who was in the episode of THE DREW CAREY SHOW with Eric "The Master"
Roberts.

David Janssen was THE FUGITIVE, being chased by Barry Morse, who was
a regular in the first season of SPACE: 1999, which featured lots of
Who actors, including Prentis Hancock (who was a regular that season)
and first-season guest stars like (to name just some) Julian Glover,
Brian Blessed, and Catherine Schell (who became a regular next season).

Vicki Lawrence was a regular on THE CAROL BURNETTE SHOW with Carol, who
was on PANTOMIME QUIZ with Kaye (and Van Dyke, who also spent a season
on TCBS) and Harvey Korman, who was in two PINK PANTHER movies with
Burt Kwouk from "Four to Doomsday".

K. M. Wilcox
Maybe I should find some easier ones.

K. M. Wilcox

Dec 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/1/96

Here's a new group of names, but this time, there's a twist. Everyone on
this list has a 2 or a 3 from the _same_ story. So there'll be bonus
points if you can identify the story, which is not "City of Death". [Note:
some actors may be (will be) related through other stories as well. In
fact, it is possible that 3's on here could really be 2's.]

Meg Ryan
Gene Hackman
Wilfrid Brambell
Tim Roth
Leo McKern (two ways!)
Dolph Lundgren
Elisabeth Shue
Patrick Bauchau
Kimberly Williams

That should be enough. Good luck, and good hunting....

K. M. Wilcox
Now _I_ just have to remember them.

K. M. Wilcox

Dec 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM12/11/96

I wrote:

> Here's a new group of names, but this time, there's a twist. Everyone on
> this list has a 2 or a 3 from the _same_ story. So there'll be bonus
> points if you can identify the story, which is not "City of Death". [Note:
> some actors may be (will be) related through other stories as well. In
> fact, it is possible that 3's on here could really be 2's.]

No one responded! [Insert frownie here] But since I have to leave...

The story: The Chase!

> Meg Ryan (3)
was in several films, including INNERSPACE with now-hubbie Dennis Quaid
who was in CAVEMAN with Beatle Ringo Starr (from "The Chase")

> Gene Hackman (2)
was in SUPERMAN with William Russell

> Wilfrid Brambell (2)
was in A HARD DAY'S NIGHT with all four Beatles (from "The Chase")

> Tim Roth (3)
was in ROB ROY with John Hurt
who was in 1984 with Hugh Walters (from "The Chase")

> Leo McKern (2, two ways!)
was in THE MOUSE THAT ROARED with William Hartnell and
was in HELP! with all four Beatles

> Dolph Lundgren (3)
was in MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE with Frank Langella
who was in THE DOOMSDAY GUN with Roger Hammond (from "The Chase")

> Elisabeth Shue (3)
was in SOAPDISH with Robert Downey, Jr.
who was in RICHARD III with Hammond

> Patrick Bauchau (3)
was in "Kindred: the Embraced" with Mark Frankl
who was in LEON THE PIG FARMER with David Graham

> Kimberly Williams (3)
was in FATHER OF THE BRIDE with Steve Martin
who was in LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS with John Scott Martin

K. M. Wilcox
That wasn't too hard, was it?