RTD and David Tennant quit Doctor Who. Series to end... but not quite.

Agamemnon

Apr 1, 2008, 12:30:07 AM4/1/08
BBC Ceefax is reporting on page 114 that RTD and David Tennant will quit
Doctor Who at the end of series 4. They also report that according to
rumours which RTD will neither confirm of deny the 10th Doctor will give up
his 3 remaining regenerations in order to save Donna, Martha and Rose. They
also confirm that Paul McGann will star in 4 full length (the don't say what
that means) Doctor Who specials with the first airing at Christmas and the
rest in 2009. There is no mention if they will have anything to do with the
Time War but they say that the specials which will all be produced and
co-written by Stephen Moffat (no mention of who with) and will follow the
8th Doctor's adventures through to his regeneration into the 9th Doctor.
They also say the part of the 9th Doctor has not yet been cast but there
will be a 5th series in the Autumn of 2010 where he will feature.
My impression is that the Doctor will go back in time and change his own
past. When asked questions Richard E Grant confirmed that the he and the BBC
had discussed a new leading role that he had been offered but he refused to
say what the part was.

Aggedor

Apr 1, 2008, 1:08:24 AM4/1/08

"Agamemnon" <agam...@hello.to.NO_SPAM> wrote in message
Knew there was a reason they are bringing Rose back.

notthebbc

Apr 1, 2008, 2:43:39 AM4/1/08

APRIL FOOL! LOL!

tom...@yahoo.co.uk

Apr 1, 2008, 5:41:45 AM4/1/08
On 1 Apr, 07:43, notthebbc <notthe...@notbbc.com> wrote:
> Aggedor wrote:
> > "Agamemnon" <agamem...@hello.to.NO_SPAM> wrote in message
> APRIL FOOL! LOL!- Hide quoted text -

I thought an April Fool gag would involve Aggy writing a post in which
he doesn't come across as a twat.

Aggedor

Apr 1, 2008, 5:43:28 AM4/1/08

"notthebbc" <nott...@notbbc.com> wrote in message
Probably a more interesting scenario than what RTD has planned for the end
of season four.
He has promised a big climax, according to a new interview with RTD. So,
more Daleks,
Cybermen, Davros, Slitheen, whatever else he wants to throw into the mix.

notthebbc

Apr 1, 2008, 5:46:12 AM4/1/08
Aggedor wrote:

> Probably a more interesting scenario than what RTD has planned for the end
> of season four.
> He has promised a big climax, according to a new interview with RTD. So,
> more Daleks,
> Cybermen, Davros, Slitheen, whatever else he wants to throw into the mix.

The big climax includes Rose, Martha, Sarah Jane, Donna, Captain Jack
and The Daleks. The Cybermen won't be returning until the Christmas Special.

pbo...@aol.com

Apr 1, 2008, 7:19:43 AM4/1/08
On 1 Apr, 10:46, notthebbc <notthe...@notbbc.com> wrote:
> Aggedor wrote:
>
> > Probably a more interesting scenario than what RTD has planned for the end
> > of season four.
> > He has promised a big climax, according to a new interview with RTD. So,
> > more Daleks,
> > Cybermen, Davros, Slitheen, whatever else he wants to throw into the mix.
>
> The big climax includes Rose, Martha, Sarah Jane, Donna, Captain Jack
> and The Daleks.

What about McGann?

The Cybermen won't be returning until the Christmas Special.

You seem remarkably sure about all this - are you certain you're not
the BBC? :-) This is the first I've heard of a new Cybermen story,
though despite the poor quality of their last outings I'll look
forward to it since I like Cybermen - presumably these will be 'our'
Cybermen unless something in the story that brings Rose back also
brings Cybermen and Daleks back from void space.

Phil

notthebbc

Apr 1, 2008, 8:24:11 AM4/1/08
pbo...@aol.com wrote:
> On 1 Apr, 10:46, notthebbc <notthe...@notbbc.com> wrote:
>> Aggedor wrote:
>>
>>> Probably a more interesting scenario than what RTD has planned for the end
>>> of season four.
>>> He has promised a big climax, according to a new interview with RTD. So,
>>> more Daleks,
>>> Cybermen, Davros, Slitheen, whatever else he wants to throw into the mix.
>> The big climax includes Rose, Martha, Sarah Jane, Donna, Captain Jack
>> and The Daleks.
>
> What about McGann?

It was an April Fool joke. It's April 1st.

> The Cybermen won't be returning until the Christmas Special.
>
> You seem remarkably sure about all this - are you certain you're not
> the BBC? :-) This is the first I've heard of a new Cybermen story,
> though despite the poor quality of their last outings I'll look
> forward to it since I like Cybermen - presumably these will be 'our'
> Cybermen unless something in the story that brings Rose back also
> brings Cybermen and Daleks back from void space.
>
> Phil

The new series Cybermen are "our" Cybermen now. Forget about those
doddery actors in silver boiler suits.

Agamemnon

Apr 1, 2008, 8:33:26 AM4/1/08

<pbo...@aol.com> wrote in message

> On 1 Apr, 10:46, notthebbc <notthe...@notbbc.com> wrote:
>> Aggedor wrote:
>>
>> > Probably a more interesting scenario than what RTD has planned for the
>> > end
>> > of season four.
>> > He has promised a big climax, according to a new interview with RTD.
>> > So,
>> > more Daleks,
>> > Cybermen, Davros, Slitheen, whatever else he wants to throw into the
>> > mix.
>>
>> The big climax includes Rose, Martha, Sarah Jane, Donna, Captain Jack
>> and The Daleks.
>
> What about McGann?
>
> The Cybermen won't be returning until the Christmas Special.
>
> You seem remarkably sure about all this - are you certain you're not
> the BBC? :-) This is the first I've heard of a new Cybermen story,

No, he's another sock puppet of that juvenile delinquent Zarbishit.

Agamemnon

Apr 1, 2008, 8:34:10 AM4/1/08

"notthebbc" <nott...@notbbc.com> wrote in message

Instead we have a bunch of gays in plastic flares.

notthebbc

Apr 1, 2008, 8:37:57 AM4/1/08
Agamemnon wrote:

> "notthebbc" <nott...@notbbc.com> wrote in message

>> The new series Cybermen are "our" Cybermen now. Forget about those
>> doddery actors in silver boiler suits.
>
> Instead we have a bunch of gays in plastic flares.

Some of the old Cybermen were gay too. I know that's a shock for you, as
you think RTD started homosexuality, but that's life. The new Cybermen
look far better.

I look forward to your Christmas evening rant about "gay Cybermen". LOL!

Bazza

Apr 1, 2008, 8:44:33 AM4/1/08

>> You seem remarkably sure about all this - are you certain you're not
>> the BBC? :-) This is the first I've heard of a new Cybermen story,
>
> No, he's another sock puppet of that juvenile delinquent Zarbishit.

That's the first time he's used a non Vortis related non-de-plume. Shame. I
was hoping for "Menoptera".

Baz

Agamemnon

Apr 1, 2008, 8:48:01 AM4/1/08

"Bazza" <bazz...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

The gay juvenile delinquent stopped doing that after you exposed her.

> Baz

Will Tingle

Apr 1, 2008, 9:14:36 AM4/1/08
An infinite number of primates hammered away at an infinite number of
typewriters. notthebbc <nott...@notbbc.com> said:
>The new Cybermen look far better.

Indeed they do.

But a "classic" cyberman head was seen in 'Dalek', and referenced in the
first 'new' cyberman episode. - "our" cybermen (that is to say, cybermen
from the regular whoniverse) are still 'out there', and should, at some
point, be encountered. If / When this happens, yes, they'll need an
update, but the should not lokks like the 'alternate' cybermen we've
already seen.
--
The more I see of my dickhead half brother...
...the more I think Cain was onto somthing!

Will Tingle
Remove YOUR.PANTS to e-mail

L. Ross Raszewski

Apr 1, 2008, 10:49:22 AM4/1/08
On Tue, 01 Apr 2008 13:14:36 GMT, Will Tingle
<Wi...@YOUR.PANTSwillsbedroom.co.uk> wrote:
> An infinite number of primates hammered away at an infinite number of
> typewriters. notthebbc <nott...@notbbc.com> said:
>>The new Cybermen look far better.
>
> Indeed they do.
>
> But a "classic" cyberman head was seen in 'Dalek', and referenced in the
> first 'new' cyberman episode. - "our" cybermen (that is to say, cybermen
> from the regular whoniverse) are still 'out there', and should, at some
> point, be encountered. If / When this happens, yes, they'll need an
> update, but the should not lokks like the 'alternate' cybermen we've
> already seen.

Only they're not "still out there" -- they're extinct. That's why we
needed new ones.

The Doctor

Apr 1, 2008, 10:50:37 AM4/1/08
In article <b2edc6dd-b846-44b7...@d1g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>,

Said a pair of April Fools.
--
Member - Liberal International
This is doc...@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doc...@nl2k.ab.ca

notthebbc

Apr 1, 2008, 11:21:19 AM4/1/08
Will Tingle wrote:
> An infinite number of primates hammered away at an infinite number of
> typewriters. notthebbc <nott...@notbbc.com> said:
>> The new Cybermen look far better.
>
> Indeed they do.
>
> But a "classic" cyberman head was seen in 'Dalek',

Only his head. At the time that episode was filmed the new series
Cybermen hadn't even been designed!

and referenced in the
> first 'new' cyberman episode. - "our" cybermen (that is to say, cybermen
> from the regular whoniverse) are still 'out there', and should, at some
> point, be encountered. If / When this happens, yes, they'll need an
> update, but the should not lokks like the 'alternate' cybermen we've
> already seen.

They'll be updated but not too dissimilar to the alternate Earth Cybermen.

Topposter

Apr 1, 2008, 10:50:54 AM4/1/08
TROLL

--
Socrates taught his students that the pursuit of truth can only begin once
they start to question and analyze every belief that they ever held dear. If

"The Doctor" <doc...@doctor.nl2k.ab.ca> wrote in message

Stephen Wilson

Apr 1, 2008, 1:11:37 PM4/1/08

>> The new series Cybermen are "our" Cybermen now. Forget about those
>> doddery actors in silver boiler suits.
>
> Instead we have a bunch of gays in plastic flares.

You spotted the Cyberman with the pink handbag too?

Southpaw

Apr 1, 2008, 2:19:55 PM4/1/08

"Aggedor" <agg...@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message

You've not noticed today's date then......

Will Tingle

Apr 1, 2008, 3:21:08 PM4/1/08
An infinite number of primates hammered away at an infinite number of

The doctor seemed to think otherwise.

Will Tingle

Apr 1, 2008, 3:22:19 PM4/1/08
An infinite number of primates hammered away at an infinite number of
typewriters. notthebbc <nott...@notbbc.com> said:
>Will Tingle wrote:
>> An infinite number of primates hammered away at an infinite number of
>>typewriters. notthebbc <nott...@notbbc.com> said:
>>> The new Cybermen look far better.
>> Indeed they do.
>> But a "classic" cyberman head was seen in 'Dalek',
>
>Only his head. At the time that episode was filmed the new series
>Cybermen hadn't even been designed!

Correct, but the 'classic' head is still an established part of
continuity.

>and referenced in the
>> first 'new' cyberman episode. - "our" cybermen (that is to say,
>>cybermen from the regular whoniverse) are still 'out there', and
>>should, at some point, be encountered. If / When this happens, yes,
>>they'll need an update, but the should not lokks like the 'alternate'
>>cybermen we've already seen.
>
>They'll be updated but not too dissimilar to the alternate Earth Cybermen.

You know this how?
I assume it's a guess (It's a guess I'd be likely to share - if they
ever show up) but you state it as fact.

pbo...@aol.com

Apr 1, 2008, 3:32:28 PM4/1/08
On 1 Apr, 13:24, notthebbc <notthe...@notbbc.com> wrote:

Don't believe it for a moment. I remember when ther Judoon were first
shown in previews, and people predicted that some presumed similarity
to Sontaran armour (a resemblance I can't see in any image of old-
series Sontarans I've seen) 'proved' the Sontarans were gone from Who
for good, turned into big space rhinos instead. And guess what the
very next season brings back?

Of course 'our universe Cybermen' will look like the Cybus ones,
presumably without the chest C, but there's no terribly clear reason
for believing any future Cyberstories will feature the parallel
universe variety - we've had two explicit references to the old
Cybermen in the new series and all the Cybus ones were disposed of.
Whatever brings Rose back might bring them back, then again it might
not.

Phil

pbo...@aol.com

Apr 1, 2008, 3:36:21 PM4/1/08
On 1 Apr, 15:49, "L. Ross Raszewski" <lraszew...@loyola.edu> wrote:
> On Tue, 01 Apr 2008 13:14:36 GMT, Will Tingle
>
> <W...@YOUR.PANTSwillsbedroom.co.uk> wrote:
> > An infinite number of primates hammered away at an infinite number of
> > typewriters. notthebbc <notthe...@notbbc.com> said:
> >>The new Cybermen look far better.
>
> > Indeed they do.
>
> > But a "classic" cyberman head was seen in 'Dalek', and referenced in the
> > first 'new' cyberman episode. - "our" cybermen (that is to say, cybermen
> > from the regular whoniverse) are still 'out there', and should, at some
> > point, be encountered. If / When this happens, yes, they'll need an
> > update, but the should not lokks like the 'alternate' cybermen we've
> > already seen.
>
> Only they're not "still out there" -- they're extinct.  That's why we
> needed new ones.

In Rise of the Cybermen the Doctor says "There are Cybermen in our
universe as well", present tense. Of course they'll have the same
suits - this image is too indelibly associated with Cybermen at this
stage. But it seems more likely than not that the next Cyberstory will
feature Who universe Cybermen.

Phil

Monsieur Tabernac

Apr 1, 2008, 3:45:18 PM4/1/08

I wonder if there will be some reference to the vague similarity in
uniforms/necklessness (such as the Sontarans originally colonized the
Judoon homeworld).

I just looked at the Wikipedia entry for the Sontaran story... Helen
Raynor is listed as the writer! Oh god help us. Sontarans in San
Francisco. (I really didn't like her Dalek story or the Torchwood
one... I really hope she improves this time.)

>Of course 'our universe Cybermen' will look like the Cybus ones,
>presumably without the chest C, but there's no terribly clear reason
>for believing any future Cyberstories will feature the parallel
>universe variety - we've had two explicit references to the old
>Cybermen in the new series and all the Cybus ones were disposed of.
>Whatever brings Rose back might bring them back, then again it might
>not.

Do you think that's a sure-thing, or is that just an assumption
because they already have the costumes and don't want to spend money
on new ones (a very reasonable assumption that is, too).

pbo...@aol.com

Apr 1, 2008, 4:24:14 PM4/1/08
On 1 Apr, 20:45, Monsieur Tabernac <mtaber...@NOSPAMhotmail.com>
wrote:
> On Tue, 1 Apr 2008 12:32:28 -0700 (PDT), "pbow...@aol.com"

Her story is that RTD wrote/rewrote the second part (despite her name
being in the credits). I thought the first part played very much like
a classic Who Davros story, and quite liked it.

or the Torchwood
> one...

I agree with that, but that was more the combination of the romance
story with unconvincing leads. I'm not a fan of that kind of story at
the best of times, and it didn't help at all that the guest actor was
probably the most wooden Torchwood has used.

> >Of course 'our universe Cybermen' will look like the Cybus ones,
> >presumably without the chest C, but there's no terribly clear reason
> >for believing any future Cyberstories will feature the parallel
> >universe variety - we've had two explicit references to the old
> >Cybermen in the new series and all the Cybus ones were disposed of.
> >Whatever brings Rose back might bring them back, then again it might
> >not.
>
> Do you think that's a sure-thing, or is that just an assumption
> because they already have the costumes and don't want to spend money
> on new ones (a very reasonable assumption that is, too).

That, but mainly the brand recognition thing - even though they've
only been in a couple of stories, the image has been one of the most
heavily-marketed in the new series. That's what Cybermen look like in
the public consciousness, and these days probably to the majority of
fans. And in any case, what else would they look like? The current
batch are pretty much what any update of the old style would look like
- same basic heads, and the rest is just your basic sci-fi robot suit.

Phil

Southpaw

Apr 1, 2008, 5:07:53 PM4/1/08

<pbo...@aol.com> wrote in message

>Phil

I really don't see this. Above all, RTD seems dedicated to simplicity, and
the idea of bringing in 'different' Cybermen would appear just too confusing
for kiddies and general audience. I'm sure he'd stick to just one brand of
Cybermen - the ones he 'invented'. If the Cybes do return, they'll almost
certainly be the alternates.

I hope I'm wrong - I hated the whole idea of bringing in the Cybusmen - but
I doubt it.

The Face of Po

Apr 1, 2008, 5:08:28 PM4/1/08
I was hanging out with the cool kids in rec.arts.drwho when
Will Tingle got out a spraycan and scrawled the following:

> An infinite number of primates hammered away at an infinite number of
> typewriters. L. Ross Raszewski <lrasz...@loyola.edu> said:
> >On Tue, 01 Apr 2008 13:14:36 GMT, Will Tingle
> ><Wi...@YOUR.PANTSwillsbedroom.co.uk> wrote:
[...]

> >> But a "classic" cyberman head was seen in 'Dalek', and referenced in the
> >> first 'new' cyberman episode. - "our" cybermen (that is to say, cybermen
> >> from the regular whoniverse) are still 'out there', and should, at some
> >> point, be encountered. If / When this happens, yes, they'll need an
> >> update, but the should not lokks like the 'alternate' cybermen we've
> >> already seen.
> >
> >Only they're not "still out there" -- they're extinct. That's why we
> >needed new ones.
>
> The doctor seemed to think otherwise.

You mean when he said "the stuff of nightmares, reduced to an exhibit"?
I thought the implication was that they were another victim of the Time
Wars, ie. gone until someone invents a loophole through which to revive
them.

--
Remove caps to communicate more easily.

Happiness will prevail

Stephen Wilson

Apr 1, 2008, 5:12:14 PM4/1/08

"Will Tingle" <Wi...@YOUR.PANTSwillsbedroom.co.uk> wrote in message

> An infinite number of primates hammered away at an infinite number of
> typewriters. notthebbc <nott...@notbbc.com> said:
>>Will Tingle wrote:
>>> An infinite number of primates hammered away at an infinite number of
>>> Indeed they do.
>>> But a "classic" cyberman head was seen in 'Dalek',
>>
>>Only his head. At the time that episode was filmed the new series Cybermen
>>hadn't even been designed!
>
> Correct, but the 'classic' head is still an established part of
> continuity.

Established parts of continuity are made to be ignored or contradicted.

Ian Salsbury

Apr 1, 2008, 5:12:29 PM4/1/08
> I just looked at the Wikipedia entry for the Sontaran story... Helen
> Raynor is listed as the writer! Oh god help us. Sontarans in San
> Francisco. (I really didn't like her Dalek story

>Her story is that RTD wrote/rewrote the second part (despite her name
>being in the credits). I thought the first part played very much like
>a classic Who Davros story, and quite liked it.

The story I read was she admitted her second episode was a complete mess.
RTD was forced to practically re-write it and neither were entirely happy
with how it turned out. I also really enjoyed the first episode but found
the second a mammoth let down.

Stephen Wilson

Apr 1, 2008, 5:26:35 PM4/1/08

<pbo...@aol.com> wrote in message

>> Do you think that's a sure-thing, or is that just an assumption
>> because they already have the costumes and don't want to spend money
>> on new ones (a very reasonable assumption that is, too).
>
>That, but mainly the brand recognition thing - even though they've
>only been in a couple of stories, the image has been one of the most
>heavily-marketed in the new series. That's what Cybermen look like in
>the public consciousness, and these days probably to the majority of
>fans. And in any case, what else would they look like? The current
>batch are pretty much what any update of the old style would look like
>- same basic heads, and the rest is just your basic sci-fi robot suit.

Maybe. On the other hand, the Cybermen rarely looked the same from one story
to the next in the old series...

Bazza

Apr 1, 2008, 5:52:13 PM4/1/08

"Stephen Wilson" <stephen.wils...@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
No one has mentioned the HUGE amount of cash the beeb would make from
marketing a fresh Cyberman design...lunch boxes, toys, T-shirts etc
Easily enough to pay for fresh costumes for an army of Cybes if required.

Baz

Aggedor

Apr 1, 2008, 6:07:05 PM4/1/08

"Southpaw" <Southpaw...@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
I was being ironic.
No chance that RTD will quit in the next few years. He will have a bit of a
break next year
and then come back full of great ideas for the next four seasons, with epic
multi-episode
finales that have a great build-up and a shit final episode. Mark it on your
calendar,
around late July 2010 this newsgroup will be full of posts from people
saying what a letdown
the series 5 finale was.
(And we will still not have got rid of a certain individual from Edmenton).

The Doctor

Apr 1, 2008, 6:34:24 PM4/1/08
In article <dmyIj.4940$n8....@news-server.bigpond.net.au>,

April Fools Everyone!

Topposter

john smith

Apr 2, 2008, 12:08:39 AM4/2/08

"Stephen Wilson" <stephen.wils...@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

I wouldn't say "made" as such... Think about how that also implies the
reverse in that sentence.

I'd suggest "made" should be "there" and the sentence should finish with "as
the writers/script editors, etc. see fit".../

Basically - you make it all fucking up as it goes along!

john smith

Apr 2, 2008, 12:18:36 AM4/2/08

"Ian Salsbury" <I...@salsbury42.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message

Like I said in a post months ago: since that story was a homage (-ahem-) to
King Kong, they should have had the Dalek/human protoplasm fusing
Lovecraftian-style and climbing the Empire State Building en masse, there to
be destroyed by the Doctor...

IDIOTS! POLTROONSAND IMBECILES!

john smith

Apr 2, 2008, 12:21:52 AM4/2/08

"Stephen Wilson" <stephen.wils...@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

Neither do mobile phones (or prosthetic limbs/electric razors/computers/TVs
etc., etc.) from one generation to another. As you say, isn't that the
whole POINT of the Cybermen? (I thought those ear-phone thingies were a
pretty clever update...)

john smith

Apr 2, 2008, 12:25:33 AM4/2/08

<pbo...@aol.com> wrote in message

Phil

They're all Who universe Cybermen, though, surely? ;-)

pbo...@aol.com

Apr 2, 2008, 2:40:49 AM4/2/08
On 1 Apr, 22:07, "Southpaw" <Southpaw296nos...@blueyonder.co.uk>
wrote:
> <pbow...@aol.com> wrote in message

No more so than bringing in a "different" Mickey or Pete Tyler. It was
emphasised throughout their appearances that these Cybermen were from
an alternate universe, and the first story specifically referenced Who-
universe Cybermen. People are likely to have been more confused by the
Cyberman head in Dalek followed by the versions io Rise of Steel than
by Cybies without the chest plate.

Also, bear in mind that the first and to some degree the second
seasons were pitched at a new audience, and kept things simple. More
recent stories have worked on the basis that people will have caught
up - if the Radio Times is to be believed, The Sontaran Strategem is
designed as a direct sequel to their 1985 appearance, for instance.

Phil

pbo...@aol.com

Apr 2, 2008, 2:43:27 AM4/2/08
On 1 Apr, 22:08, The Face of Po <gkenning...@claIrVOYaNT.coLD.DuCk>
wrote:

> I was hanging out with the cool kids in rec.arts.drwho when
> Will Tingle got out a spraycan and scrawled the following:
>

> >  An infinite number of primates hammered away at an infinite number of
> >  typewriters. L. Ross Raszewski <lraszew...@loyola.edu> said:
> > >On Tue, 01 Apr 2008 13:14:36 GMT, Will Tingle
> > ><W...@YOUR.PANTSwillsbedroom.co.uk> wrote:
> [...]
>
> > >Only they're not "still out there" -- they're extinct.  That's why we
> > >needed new ones.
>
> >  The doctor seemed to think otherwise.
>
> You mean when he said "the stuff of nightmares, reduced to an exhibit"?

No, in "Rise of the Cybermen" he says "There are Cybermen in our
universe too".

> I thought the implication was that they were another victim of the Time
> Wars

I think that's reading too much into it. I think he was just referring
to the museum's tendency to store things out of context.

Phil

Bazza

Apr 2, 2008, 4:10:29 AM4/2/08

<pbo...@aol.com> wrote in message

<snip>

More
recent stories have worked on the basis that people will have caught
up - if the Radio Times is to be believed, The Sontaran Strategem is
designed as a direct sequel to their 1985 appearance, for instance.

Phil

I would think that you (or the Radio Times is wrong about this). Unless you
count their Jim'll Fix it Appearance as canon the new story bears no
relation whatsoever to The Two Doctors. In season 4 the Sontarans...

SPOILER SPACE

SPOILER SPACE

...only end up on Earth after chasing a fleeing Rutan. Their appearance has
also changed. I can't see this being a direct sequel to that story at all
and I bet there will be no mention of it whatsoever.

Baz

pbo...@aol.com

Apr 2, 2008, 7:07:20 AM4/2/08

As the RT words it, the Sontarans are "out for revenge" after their
earlier defeat.

Phil

hulahoop

Apr 2, 2008, 7:08:44 AM4/2/08
> Baz- Hide quoted text -

I don't think RT mentions the Sontaran story as being a sequel. I
think it comments that this is the first time the Sontarans have been
seen since 1985 (unless you bought Shakedown) and hopefully no mention
of GBJ and Sontarans in a Fix

Regards

Ged

pbo...@aol.com

Apr 2, 2008, 7:16:14 AM4/2/08

Also on this subject, bear in mind that we have had three incarnations
of "Last Daleks", which appear to belong to two distinct 'breeds' -
reconstructed Daleks with human genetic material in the season 1
finale and 'pure' survivors of the Time War (Dalek, the Emperor Dalek,
the Cult of Skaro). But to all intents and purposes they are Daleks
and the casual viewer recognises them as such. There's no reason
Cybermen from different universes would be any different, although it
provides another possible reason for sticking to the same design.

Phil

Will Tingle

Apr 2, 2008, 7:56:31 AM4/2/08
typewriters. The Face of Po <gkenn...@claIrVOYaNT.coLD.DuCk> said:
>I was hanging out with the cool kids in rec.arts.drwho when
>Will Tingle got out a spraycan and scrawled the following:
>> An infinite number of primates hammered away at an infinite number of
>> typewriters. L. Ross Raszewski <lrasz...@loyola.edu> said:
>> >On Tue, 01 Apr 2008 13:14:36 GMT, Will Tingle
>> ><Wi...@YOUR.PANTSwillsbedroom.co.uk> wrote:
>[...]
>> >
>> >Only they're not "still out there" -- they're extinct. That's why we
>> >needed new ones.
>>
>> The doctor seemed to think otherwise.
>
>You mean when he said "the stuff of nightmares, reduced to an exhibit"?

No, I mean in the Cyber 2-paerter where he says (something akin to) "we
have cybermen in our universe"

Bazza

Apr 2, 2008, 8:30:59 AM4/2/08

<pbo...@aol.com> wrote in message

Phil

I tend to agree with you Phil, however, like I've mentioned before the
introduction of a new Cyber design would make a packet for the toy industry
and also easily bear the costs of the design and production of new costumes.

Baz

pbo...@aol.com

Apr 2, 2008, 8:35:49 AM4/2/08

But wouldn't that impact on the sales of their current Cybermen? New
aliens are introduced in most episodes, and the toys etc. to go with
them all add up to profit, be they Slitheen, Ood or Sontaran toys.
They've no need to redo the Cybermen to add to their range any more
than they need to redo the Daleks every outing (though they can cash
in on the odd mutant Dalek or Emperor Dalek toy). As it is they'd
likely put out Cybermen toys without the C plate for the return of
'our' Cybies even if the rest of the design doesn't change.

Phil

Bazza

Apr 2, 2008, 12:06:39 PM4/2/08

<pbo...@aol.com> wrote in message

Yes very true. I have to agree with you on that one.

Baz

The Real Zarbiface

Apr 11, 2008, 5:37:57 PM4/11/08
On Apr 1, 12:19 pm, "pbow...@aol.com" <pbow...@aol.com> wrote:
> On 1 Apr, 10:46, notthebbc <notthe...@notbbc.com> wrote:
>

> The Cybermen won't be returning until the Christmas Special.
>
> You seem remarkably sure about all this - are you certain you're not
> the BBC? :-) This is the first I've heard of a new Cybermen story.

As I said, the Cybermen will return for the Christmas special. As will
Billie Piper, who remains after the end of series 4.

TB

Feb 5, 2016, 8:54:26 PM2/5/16
Diabolical plot: The BBC redesigns all the villains (Daleks, Cybermen, Sontarans, The Master) to force people to buy the new models, and thus fatten the BBC!

The Other Doctor

Feb 6, 2016, 10:20:41 AM2/6/16

"TB" <tsbr...@dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote in message
Why would that force people to buy the new models? I hadn't realised they'd
forced anyone to buy the old models...

TB

Feb 6, 2016, 11:33:14 AM2/6/16
Surely fans would want to keep up on the latest villain models, and want a complete set of all the models of the villains!

Your Name

Feb 6, 2016, 4:16:52 PM2/6/16
In article <bboty.871243$TN6.5...@fx34.am4>, The Other Doctor
You didn't read the Fan Agreement you "signed" when you watched more
than three episodes. It clearly states that you "must buy all
merchandise related to the franchise". ;-)