Rex Morgan: A New Day

D.D.Degg

May 2, 2016, 3:41:05 PM5/2/16
Terry Beatty begins his turn as
writer/artist of Rex Morgan today.
http://comicskingdom.com/rex-morgan-m-d/2016-05-02

Commenters already have noticed a few things about the new style.

- The regular Monday morning two line summary
has been replaced with a three word intro
(though we will have to see if that remains the status quo).

- Exclamation marks have been replaced with periods.

Rex Morgan, M. D.
writers

Terry Beatty, daily and Sunday May 2, 2016 - on (signed)

Woody Wilson, daily (signed) September 9, 1991 - April 30, 2016
Sunday (signed) September 22, 1991 - May 1, 2016
[Wilson became Dallis' assistant in 1981
and (supposedly) became the ghost writer
sometime during the 1980s.
Nick Dallis retired in (August?) 1990
and died in 1991, which is when Wilson
began/was allowed to sign the strip.]

Nick Dallis daily May 10, 1948 - (signed) September 7, 1991
Sunday June 13, 1948 - (signed) September 15, 1991
[Nick Dallis, as "Dal Curtis", was credited as
writer of the strip in the strip's title line; see:
http://frommedicinetohistory.blogspot.com/
Dallis finally got his name signed in the strip on
August 8, 1988 when the artist started signing
"Dallis & DiPreta".
Dallis retired in 1990 but his name continued to
be signed in the strip until his death in 1991.]

In changes elsewhere...
Mike Manley recently mentioned (and showed
some of) his new Phantom work at his blog:
http://drawman.blogspot.com/2016/04/playing-catch-up.html

Also...
Just to make a note,
Dana Summers signed the April 24, 2016 The Middletons Sunday strip.
http://www.gocomics.com/themiddletons/2016/04/24
The last time Summers signed the Sunday strip was September 2015.

D.D.Degg

D.D.Degg

May 12, 2016, 1:39:30 AM5/12/16
> Terry Beatty begins his turn as
> writer/artist of Rex Morgan today.

Terry Beatty has posted his first week of Rex Morgan.

"My stint as writer and artist of the strip begins.
Here is the first week. These are the gray toned dailies,
done for the newspapers that don't add color.
Woody left me with plenty of plot elements that need tying up
-- this is just the beginning."
http://www.scaryterrysworld.com/2016/05/rex-morgan-new-day-and-rest-of-week-too.html

D.D.Degg

D.D.Degg

May 12, 2016, 11:38:30 PM5/12/16
> Terry Beatty begins his turn as
> writer/artist of Rex Morgan today.

Terry Beatty writing and drawing
Rex Morgan daily and Sunday, and
drawing the Sunday Phantom page.

Might need some help...
aaand he gets some help:
"I just drew two weeks worth of the long-running
newspaper comic strip Rex Morgan M.D. recently,
to help the regular artist get a little ahead of deadline."
Ronn Sutton - from a recent interview at
http://ottawamagazine.com/arts-and-culture/local-colour-from-ottawa-comiccon-qa-with-artist-ron-sutton/

D.D.Degg

D.D.Degg

May 18, 2016, 1:55:56 AM5/18/16
> Terry Beatty writing and drawing
> Rex Morgan daily and Sunday, and
> drawing the Sunday Phantom page.
>
> Might need some help...
>
> "I just drew two weeks worth of the long-running
> newspaper comic strip Rex Morgan M.D. recently..."
> [said] Ronn Sutton

Ronn Sutton pencilled the Rex Morgan dailies
from May 9, 2016 to May 21, 2016.
"My second week as writer/artist on the
REX MORGAN strip. In order to catch up
a little on a much too tight deadline,
I called in fellow cartoonist Ronn Sutton
to help with the pencils on the dailies.
He worked on next week's strips, too."
Terry Beatty sez so at his blog:
http://www.scaryterrysworld.com/2016/05/week-two-of-new-rex-morgan-5-9-16-to-5.html

That diner in the Sunday strip based on