The current lineup of New York Daily News daily and Sunday comics

D Heine

Feb 14, 2015, 10:07:55 PM2/14/15
As of early February 2015, here is a rundown of the comic strips currently running in the daily and Sunday New York Daily News:

2 PAGE DAILY COMICS PAGES:
* Zits
* Jump Start
* Hagar the Horrible
* Mother Goose and Grimm
* One Big Happy
* Pooch Cafe
* Red and Rover
* The Argyle Sweater
* Between the Lines (This is a local New York Daily News daily strip done by Max Garcia, who also does the online comic strip Sunny Street which appears on gocomics.com)
* Soup to Nutz
* Gasoline Alley
* WuMo
* Dilbert
* Pearls Before Swine
* Blondie
* Mutts
Plus the daily crossword, Sudoku, and Jumble.

8 PAGE SUNDAY COMICS SECTION:
* Prince Valiant
* Doonesbury (Still running Sundays only while the Daily News is not carrying the daily classic rerun strips - Maybe Pooch Cafe has been holding the fort in the daily comics?)
* Gasoline Alley
* WuMo
* Zits
* Dilbert
* The Argyle Sweater
* Hagar the Horrible (Credited to as "By Dik Browne" when the current artist is Chris Browne!)
* Pearls Before Swine
* One Big Happy
* Mutts
* Soup to Nutz
* Blondie
* Biographic (Sunday only comic strip by Steve McGarry, this is the successor to the Sunday strip Biography Mr. McGarry did from 1989 (succeeding John Roman) to about the early 1990's)
Plus Kakuro and Sudoku High Fives

Boy, how I wish the New York Daily News picked up at least one of the comic strips the New York Post no longer carries since the New York Post dropped their daily comics page for good last May 2014, especially Garfield! I think Garfield would be a perfect replacement in the daily and Sunday New York Daily News comics for either the old hat Gasoline Alley or maybe Soup to Nutz.

Jimmy Delach

Feb 14, 2015, 11:39:56 PM2/14/15
Yes, the NY Daily News replaced Doonesbury with Pooch Cafe Monday through Saturday.

If you still have the Sunday Daily News, can you make a video of the whole section? I haven't seen the Daily News Sunday comics in what seems like ages (I might make a separate video of recent papers I have while I'm at it).

D Heine

Feb 15, 2015, 9:24:59 AM2/15/15
On Saturday, February 14, 2015 at 10:39:56 PM UTC-6, Jimmy Delach wrote:
> Yes, the NY Daily News replaced Doonesbury with Pooch Cafe Monday through Saturday.
>
> If you still have the Sunday Daily News, can you make a video of the whole section? I haven't seen the Daily News Sunday comics in what seems like ages (I might make a separate video of recent papers I have while I'm at it).

Here's a link to a YouTube video I made of this, Jimmy:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFAsQAWQ_eA

D Heine

Jun 16, 2015, 8:09:00 AM6/16/15
And did you know on Press Reader when the Sunday New York Daily News is shown it does not have the Sunday New York Daily News comics pages (But shows a page with Magic Eye and Baker Street Puzzle and the Sunday Jumble puzzle).

Jimmy Delach

Mar 22, 2018, 1:05:14 AM3/22/18
Bumping up a bit thanks to newspapers.com including the Daily News in their Publishers' Extra section.

The following lineup is from 12/28/2008 (The latest Sunday edition they have thus far)

Prince Valiant
Blondie
Doonesbury
Sherman's Lagoon
Get Fuzzy
Chuckle Bros.
Dilbert
Over The Hedge
Annie
Gasoline Alley
One Big Happy
Mutts
Rose Is Rose
The Argyle Sweater
Hagar The Horrible
Pearls Before Swine
Zits
Girls & Sports
Soup To Nutz
The Family Circus
Beetle Bailey
Curtis
The Lockhorns
Biographic

And the latest dailies (from 12/31/2008)

Rose Is Rose
Gasoline Alley
Girls & Sports (Get Fuzzy on vacation)
Dilbert
Pearls Before Swine
Curtis
Zits

Close To Home
The Flying McCoys
The Lockhorns
Marmaduke

Soup To Nutz
Blondie
Jump Start
Sherman's Lagoon
Hagar The Horrible
Mother Goose & Grimm
Mutts

Over The Hedge
Annie
F-Minus
Chuckle Bros.
One Big Happy
Tundra (Doonesbury on vacation)
Beetle Bailey

Argyle Sweater
Flight Deck

D Heine

Mar 22, 2018, 8:57:51 AM3/22/18
Get Fuzzy sure has taken on and off vacation weeks for dailies until November 2013 when it went all daily rerun mode with Sundays first run off and on.