Why can't there ever be a My Little Pony comic strip?

D Heine

Nov 13, 2015, 9:41:31 AM11/13/15
After I saw today's November 13, 2015 Blondie comic strip where Dagwood gets a card from his boss with a unicorn on it (And it says "Bumstead - That was the WORST report I've ever read! - Dithers" - X O X O), that reminds me: Why can't some comic strip company (Universal Uclick, Creators, King Features, Tribune Content Agency) do for a 4 week period during the Christmas holiday season (like King Features used to do for Disney circa 1950's-1970's and again 1992-1997) a Christmas related My Little Pony comic strip arc either with the current Friendship is Magic version or the Equestria Girls version?

John W Kennedy

Nov 13, 2015, 12:25:01 PM11/13/15
I don't particularly care about any version of MLP, but even I know
that if they did "Equestria Girls", Dana Simpson and Tara Strong would
start an armed insurrection.

--
John W Kennedy
"The poor have sometimes objected to being governed badly; the rich

cbru...@gmail.com

Nov 13, 2015, 3:04:43 PM11/13/15
On Friday, November 13, 2015 at 8:41:31 AM UTC-6, D Heine wrote:
> After I saw today's November 13, 2015 Blondie comic strip where Dagwood gets a card from his boss with a unicorn on it (And it says "Bumstead - That was the WORST report I've ever read! - Dithers" - X O X O), that reminds me: Why can't some comic strip company (Universal Uclick, Creators, King Features, Tribune Content Agency) do for a 4 week period during the Christmas holiday season (like King Features used to do for Disney circa 1950's-1970's and again 1992-1997) a Christmas related My Little Pony comic strip arc either with the current Friendship is Magic version or the Equestria Girls version?

I think the days of licensed comic strips is long over. The last new one was, what, "Pokemon" and "Rugrats"? Which ended over a decade ago?

Even then, MLP already has comic books coming out.

D Heine

Nov 27, 2015, 10:01:59 AM11/27/15
I thought the last licenced comic strip was the Tribune Agency distributed Pink Panther comic strip running Sundays only circa mid 2000's.

And in the early 2000's there was a MAD Magazine licenced Spy VS. Spy daily and Sunday comic strip.

D.D.Degg

Nov 27, 2015, 2:13:38 PM11/27/15
> ...last licenced comic strip was...

I know what you guys mean, but -
the LATEST new licensed comic strip is today's The Amazing Spider-Man,
discounting all those strips where the creators (or their heirs)
own the copyright to the feature(s).

> And in the early 2000's there was a
> MAD Magazine licenced Spy VS. Spy
> daily and Sunday comic strip.

Sunday only, April 7, 2002 - December 29, 2002
Last year madmagazine.com put the entire run up on the web:
http://www.madmagazine.com/tags/sunday-comic

D.D.Degg