Re: Better comic book based toons: marvel or dc?

Terrence Briggs

Sep 6, 2004, 2:23:39 PM9/6/04
[crossposting to rec.arts.comics.other-media]

metlh...@aol.com (Metlhd3138) wrote in message news:<20040906090611...@mb-m22.aol.com>...
> Of all the cartoons based on comic books, which company had better adapations,
> marvel or dc? While i'll admit that marvel makes better comics, my vote HAS to
> go to dc,i mean, galactic guardians, justice league (regular and unlimited),
> batman: TAS,,all great

No Marvel adapatation I've seen has ever reached the heights of
Batman:TAS, but Saban's X-Men achieved some amazing highs in its own
right.

Aside from X-Men, the only Marvel animated series I remember liking
were Biker Mice from Mars and the second season of Iron Man. I could
never fairly compare them to Batman and Superman, however.

Terrence Briggs, who probably shouldn't note that Image's
contributions (Maxx and WildC.A.T.S.) felt FAR superior <g>

Peace to you...

lvi...@gmail.com

Sep 7, 2004, 9:49:45 AM9/7/04

According to Metlhd3138 <metlh...@aol.com>:
:Of all the cartoons based on comic books, which company had better adapations,

:marvel or dc? While i'll admit that marvel makes better comics, my vote HAS to
:go to dc,i mean, galactic guardians, justice league (regular and unlimited),
:batman: TAS,,all great

I've really found myself surprised at how much I've enjoyed various DC
animation - I seldom have enjoyed the comics, yet have found myself
watching Batman Beyond, Batman TAS, Superman TAS, Teen Titans and
Justice League regularly. I've got the new Unlimited series recorded but
haven't had the opportunity to sit down and watch it yet.

I don't recognize your reference to Galactic Guardians - what was that?

How many Marvel series has there been lately? The two I can think of lately
have been last year's MTV Spider-Man (which wasn't bad) and X-Men Evolution.
In each of these cases, access to the series was limited - advertising for
the MTV series was limited and the Friday/Saturday night showing made
it tough to remember to catch and the Evolution series was on Kid's WB,
which is not carried everywhere (not in our area, at least).

I thought the old Fox X-Men and Spider Man series were pretty good.
I myself wished that Fox hadn't cancelled the Silver Surfer series so
quickly. The only other recent Marvel series that covered one of their
name brand heroes was the limited series Spider-Man on the parallel earth.

So in my opinion, DC has produced more episodes, with a better quality,
than Marvel has in the past few years.

S.t.A.n.L.e.E

Sep 7, 2004, 1:11:43 PM9/7/04
On 7 Sep 2004 lvi...@gmail.com wrote:

> According to Metlhd3138 <metlh...@aol.com>:
> :Of all the cartoons based on comic books, which company had better adapations,
> :marvel or dc? While i'll admit that marvel makes better comics, my vote HAS to
> :go to dc,i mean, galactic guardians, justice league (regular and unlimited),
> :batman: TAS,,all great
>
> I've really found myself surprised at how much I've enjoyed various DC
> animation - I seldom have enjoyed the comics, yet have found myself
> watching Batman Beyond, Batman TAS, Superman TAS, Teen Titans and
> Justice League regularly. I've got the new Unlimited series recorded but
> haven't had the opportunity to sit down and watch it yet.
>

> So in my opinion, DC has produced more episodes, with a better quality,
> than Marvel has in the past few years.
> --

And tied better: the latest JLU ep references a lot
from Superman:TAS... oh wait, you haven't seen it. ;)
So, there's an overall connection tying them together.

Laters. =)

STan
--
| ( _| | http://www.uofr.net/~lostrune/