[COMICLIST] New Comic Book Releases List for 02/12/2003

Charles LePage

Feb 11, 2003, 7:34:57 AM2/11/03
ComicList: New Comic Book Releases List for Wednesday, February 12, 2003,
Š 2003 by Charles LePage with information from Sun Coast Comics.

Please visit my web site at http://www.comiclist.com.

PLEASE NOTE- Not all of these titles will actually arrive in all stores.
Let me know if any of the names or numbers are wrong.
"TPB" = "trade paperback". "GN" = "graphic novel".
"(AA)" = "available again". "SC" = "softcover". "HC" = "hardcover".
"S/N" = "signed/numbered". "AR" = "ask retailer about price".

PUBLISHER
TITLE, ISSUE NUMBER, PRICE IN U.S. DOLLARS

AC COMICS
Femforce #118 Special Edition, $9.95
Femforce #118, $6.95
Golden Age Treasury Vol 1, $29.95

ADHOUSE BOOKS
My Own Little Empire GN, $9.95

ALBATROSS EXPLODING FUNNY BOOK
Goon Color Special #1 (AA), $2.95

ALCHEMY TEXTS
Armageddon Patrol Fatal Mistakes Special, $2.99

AMAZE INK (SLAVE LABOR GRAPHICS)
Skaggy The Lost #2 (Of 4), $3.50

ANARCHY STUDIOS
Vampi Vol 2 TPB Underworld Tainted Love, $14.95

ANTARCTIC PRESS
Ninja High School #103, $3.50

ARCHIE COMIC PUBLICATIONS
Archie Digest #196, $2.39
Archie Mysteries #26, $2.19
Sabrina Vol 2 #42, $2.19

ATOMIC BASEMENT ENTERTAINMENT
Mac Afro Dangerous Candy S/N Print, $12.95

AVATAR PRESS
Alan Moores The Courtyard #1, $3.50
Alan Moores The Courtyard Wraparound #1, $3.95
Black Tide Cvr A Miller #4, $3.50
Black Tide Cvr B Murphey #4, $3.50
Ennis & Mccreas Dicks 2 #4 (Of 4), $3.50
Ennis & Mccreas Dicks 2 Offensive #4 (Of 4), $3.95
Warren Ellis Strange Killings Body Orchard #6 (Of 6), $3.50
Warren Ellis Strange Killings Body Orchard #6 Wraparound (Of 6), $3.95

BASEMENT COMICS/AMRYL ENTERTAINMENT
Tanlines Pinups Book #1, $3.50
Tanlines Pinups Book Sp Ed #1, AR
Tigress Hidden Lands #1, $2.95
Tigress Hidden Lands Sp Ed #1, AR
Tigress Tales #5, $2.95
Tigress Tales Sp Ed #5, AR

BROADSWORD COMICS
Broadsword Comics Button Set, $6.99
Tarot Witch Of The Black Rose Dlx Ed #18, $19.99
Tarot Witch Of The Black Rose Sgn #15, $10.00

BUD PLANT
Illustration Art Auction May 1998 SC, AR

CASTLE RAIN ENTERTAINMENT
Jack The Lantern Limited S/N Ed #0, $7.95
Jestercrow 3 Pack Limited S/N Ed, $5.95

CG ENTERTAINMENT
Brian Pulido Lady Death #1 Medieval Tale, $2.95
Chimera #1 (Of 4), $2.95
Forge #11, $7.95
Negation #15 Key Issue, AR
Sigil #33, $2.95
Sojourn #20, $2.95

COMIC BOOK LEGAL DEFENSE FUND
CBLDF Fancy Froglin T/S LG (AA), $20.00

COMICSONE.COM
Legendary Couple GN #3, $13.95
Onegai Teacher GN #1, $9.95
Storm Riders GN #9, $13.95

CPM MANGA
Princess Prince Book 1 GN, $15.95

CYBEROSIA PUBLISHING
Johnny Nemo Vol 1, $12.95

DARK HORSE COMICS
Classic Comic Characters #38 Offissa Pupp Statue, $49.95
Club 9 TPB, $15.95
Grendel God & The Devil #1, $3.50
Oh My Goddess #95 Traveler (Part 5 Of 5), $3.50
Star Wars A Valentine Story, $3.50

DC COMICS
Action Comics #800, $3.95
Adventures Of Superman #613, $2.25
Aquaman #3, $2.50
Astro City Local Heroes #1 (Of 5), $2.95
Azrael Agent Of The Bat #99, $2.95
Batman Dynamic Duo Archives Vol 1 HC, $49.95
Batman Legends Of The Dark Knight #164, $2.50
Birds Of Prey Catwoman Batgirl #1 (Of 2), $5.95
Fables #10, $2.50
Gen 13 #6, $2.95
Gotham Central #4, $2.50
Green Lantern #159, $2.25
Harley Quinn #29, $2.50
Hawkman Endless Flight TPB, $12.95
Hellblazer Special Lady Constantine #3 (Of 4), $2.95
Hero #1, $2.50
Hunter The Age Of Magic #20, $2.75
JLA Riddle Of The Beast SC, $14.95
JSA #45, $2.50
LOEG II Bumper Edition Volume 2 Parts 3 And 4, $5.95
Mad XL #20, $4.99
Nightwing #78, $2.25
Scooby-Doo #69, $2.25
Silver Age Batman & Robin Dlx Action Figure Set, AR
Steampunk Drama Obscura, $14.95
Stormwatch Team Achilles #8, $2.95
Superman & Batman Generations III #2 (Of 12), $2.95
Superman Critical Condition TPB, $14.95
Tom Strongs Terrific Tales #6, $2.95

DIGITAL WEBBING
Digital Webbing Presents #7, $2.95
Shades Of Blue Vol 1 TPB, $11.95

DORK STORM PRESS
Nodwick #19, $2.99
Warhamster T/S LG, $19.95
Warhamster T/S XL, $19.95

DREAMWAVE
Transformers War Within #5, $2.95
Transformers War Within Pat Lee Alt Cvr #5, $2.95

DYNAMIC FORCES
DF Beautiful Killer Sgn #1, $29.99

EDICIONES LA CUPULA S A
Kiss Comix #129 (adult), $7.99

EXHIBIT A PRESS
Mavis #4, $3.50

FANTAGRAPHICS BOOKS
Barry Windsor Smith Opus 2002 Calendar (AA), $16.95
Lambada Book 3-5 Coll Pack (adult), $15.00
New York Miami GN (AA), $11.95
S&M University #1-6 Set (adult), $20.00

GUTSOON ENTERTAINMENT
Raijin Comics #10, $4.95
RGA Magazine #10, AR

HEAVY METAL MAGAZINE
Serpieri Sketchbook II HC, $22.95

IDW PUBLISHING
Mage Knight Stolen Destiny #4 (Of 5), $3.50

IMAGE COMICS
Darkness TPB Vol 1 Coming Of Age, $14.99
Darkness Vol 2 #2, $2.99
Dominion #1, $2.95
Firebreather #2 (Of 4), $2.95
GI Joe #14, $2.95
Grrl Scouts Work Sucks #1 (Of 4), $2.95
Powers #28, $2.95
Spawn #122, $2.50
Venture #2, $2.95
Witchblade #61, $2.99

MARVEL COMICS
Alias Vol 2 Come Home TPB, $13.99
Black Panther #54, $2.50
Captain America #9, $2.99
Daredevil #43, $2.99
Daredevil Vol 5 Out TPB, $19.99
Edens Trail #4 (Of 5), $2.99
Incredible Hulk #50, $3.50
Iron Man #65, $2.25
Killraven #5 (Of 6), $2.99
Marvel Universe Daredevil Bust, $45.00
Mekanix #5 (Of 6), $2.99

MOONSTONE
Moonstone Monsters Vampire Vixens #1, $2.95

ONI PRESS
Kissing Chaos Nonstop Beauty #3 (Of 4), $2.95
Shot Callerz TPB, $11.95

ORIGIN COMICS
My Uncle Jeff, $3.95

PENNY FARTHING PRESS
Loch Trilogy Splash Pack, AR
Victorian #17, $2.95

REBELLION
2000 AD #1323, $3.25
2000 AD #1324, $3.25
Judge Dredd Megazine #202, $10.99

RENAISSANCE PRESS
Amelia Rules Indian Summer Litho (AA), $14.00
Amelia Rules Vol 1 TPB Original Art Ed, $60.00

SHOTO PRESS
The Ghost of Silver Cliff GN (Cold Cut Distribution), $6.95

TOKYOPOP
Cardcaptor Sakura Master Of The Clow Vol 3 GN (Of 6), $9.99
Chobits Vol 4 GN (Of 7), $9.99
Dragon Knights Vol 6 GN (Of 17), $9.99
Kim Possible Cinemanga Vol 1 GN (Of 4), $7.99
Lupin III Vol 2 GN, $9.99
Marmalade Boy Vol 5 GN (Of 8), $9.99
Rave Vol 1 GN (resolicited), $9.99
Real Bout High School Vol 5 GN, $9.99
Shaolin Sisters Vol 1 GN (Of 5) (resolicited), $9.99
Skull Man Vol 5 GN (Of 7), $9.99

TOP SHELF PRODUCTIONS
Dear Julia Short Film VHS, $15.00

VIZ COMMUNICATIONS
Animerica Extra March 2003 Vol 6 #3, $4.95
Big O Part 3 #4 (Of 4), $3.50
Inu Yasha Part 7 #7 (Of 8), $2.95
Project Arms Part 1 #6 (Of 16), $3.25
Vagabond #16, $4.95

WIZARD ENTERTAINMENT
Beautiful Killer 3 Pack, $7.99
GI Joe Snake Eyes & Scarlett Two Pack, AR

magazines
Animation Magazine Mar 2003, $5.95
Asian Cult Cinema #38, $6.00
Beckett Baseball Card Monthly #216, $4.99
Beckett Pokemon Collector #43, $5.99
Car And Driver Mar03, $3.99
Cinescape Mar 2003, $3.99
Club Apr03 (adult), $7.99
Club Specials 197 (adult), $7.99
Comic Shop News #817, AR
Comics Buyers Guide #1527, $3.99
Comics International #153, $2.25
Comics International #154, $2.25
Easyriders Mar03, $6.99
Farscape Newstand Ed #11, $6.99
Farscape Previews Exclusive Variant Ed #11, $6.99
Film Review #150, $7.95
G-8 And His Battle Aces #7, $9.95
Game Pro Mar03, $4.99
Hit Parader Mar03, $4.99
Humor Times #28, $3.00
International Tattoo Mar03, $5.99
Lees Toy Review Feb 2003, $5.95
Locus #505, $5.95
Maxim Presents Blender Mar03, $3.99
Meltdown Magazine #12, $4.50
Memorabilia #7, $5.99
Paintball Magazine Apr03, $3.99
PC Gamer CD Rom Edition Mar03, $7.99
Ph Forum Mar03 (adult), $4.99
Premiere Mar03, $3.99
Protoculture Addicts #74, $4.95
PSM Magazine Mar 2003 #2, $4.99
Road And Track Mar03, $3.99
Shivers #102, $6.99
Sounds Of Death #20, $6.66
Tattoo Savage May03, $5.99
The Source Mar03, $3.99
Tomarts Action Figure Digest Feb 2003, $5.95
Toy Shop #300, $4.99
TV Zone #159, $6.99
Velvet 71 03 (adult), $7.99
Xpose #76, $5.99

books
Art Of Jeffrey Jones Trade HC, $35.00
Art Of Matt Hughes Metamorphosis TPB, $14.95
Battlestar Galactica Classic Tombs Of Kobol MMPB, $6.99
Dissecting Marilyn Manson TPB, $19.95
HTDM Making Anime, $24.99
Ive Gotta Live With This Guy TPB (AA), $19.95
Michael Moorcock Skrayling Tree HC, $24.95
Rockets Blast Comicollector #4 TPB, $9.95

cards
Upper Deck 2002 03 Championship Drive NBA T/C Box, AR

games
Cloud Warriors Aerial Combat HC, $24.99
Dark Heaven Miniatures Lupine Lord, $6.99
Dark Heaven Miniatures Razig Undead Pirate Captain, $3.99
Denizens Of Freeport, $18.95
Dragonlance Darkness And Light MMPB, $6.99
Dragonlance Traveling Players Of Gilean MMPB, $6.99
DS Battlemat With 1 1/2 Inch Squares Hexes, $19.98
Forgotten Realms Daughter Of The Drow MMPB, $6.99
Gold Shimmer 10 PC Poly Dice Set Cube Assorted, $7.50
Gold Shimmer 10 PC Poly Dice Set Cube Black, $7.50
Gold Shimmer 10 PC Poly Dice Set Cube Green, $7.50
Gold Shimmer 10 PC Poly Dice Set Cube Red, $7.50
Gold Shimmer 10 PC Poly Dice Set Tube Hook Assorted, $7.50
Gold Shimmer 10 PC Poly Dice Set Tube Hook Black, $7.50
Gold Shimmer 10 PC Poly Dice Set Tube Hook Green, $7.50
Gold Shimmer 10 PC Poly Dice Set Tube Hook Red, $7.50
Gold Shimmer 10 PC Poly Dice Set Tube Plug Assorted, $7.50
Gold Shimmer 10 PC Poly Dice Set Tube Plug Green, $7.50
Gold Shimmer 7 PC Poly Dice Set Cube Assorted, $5.50
Gold Shimmer 7 PC Poly Dice Set Cube Black, $5.50
Gold Shimmer 7 PC Poly Dice Set Cube Green, $5.50
Gold Shimmer 7 PC Poly Dice Set Cube Red, $5.50
Gold Shimmer 7 PC Poly Dice Set Tube Hook Assorted, $5.50
Gold Shimmer 7 PC Poly Dice Set Tube Hook Black, $5.50
Gold Shimmer 7 PC Poly Dice Set Tube Hook Green, $5.50
Gold Shimmer 7 PC Poly Dice Set Tube Hook Red, $5.50
Gold Shimmer 7 PC Poly Dice Set Tube Plug Assorted, $5.50
Gold Shimmer 7 PC Poly Dice Set Tube Plug Black, $5.50
Gold Shimmer 7 PC Poly Dice Set Tube Plug Green, $5.50
Gold Shimmer 7 PC Poly Dice Set Tube Plug Red, $5.50
Heavy Gear Life On Eden, $22.95
Judge Dredd RPG Target Mega City One, $9.95
LOTR Miniatures Captured By Gondor Box Set, $40.00
LOTR Miniatures Faramirs Rangers, $9.00
LOTR Miniatures Wildmen Of Dunland, $9.00
Mechwarrior Dark Age Novel 2 Call To Arms, $6.99
Monkeys On The Moon Board Game, $19.95
Monster Island Escape From Monster Island, $9.95
Quintessential Paladin, $19.95
Reiner Knizias Rome, $39.00
Reiner Knizias Scarab Lords, $19.95
Slayers Guide To Yuan Ti, $9.95
Warlord CCG Call To Arms Glory Booster
Warlord CCG Call To Arms Power Booster
Warlord Miniatures Wraith Lord, $3.99
Who Stole Eds Pants, $14.95

t-shirts
Batman I T/S LG, $17.95
Batman I T/S MED, $17.95
Batman I T/S SM, $17.95
Batman I T/S XL, $17.95
Batman I T/S XXL, $20.95
Batman White Gold Black Pro Style Hockey Jersey LG, $50.00
Batman White Gold Black Pro Style Hockey Jersey XL, $50.00
Hellboy II T/S LG (AA), $17.95
Hellboy II T/S MED (AA), $17.95
Hellboy II T/S SM (AA), $17.95
Hellboy II T/S XL (AA), $17.95
Hellboy II T/S XXL (AA), $20.95
Micronauts Portal Jump Ringer T/S LG, $18.95
Micronauts Portal Jump Ringer T/S XL, $18.95
New Batman Logo T/S LG, $17.95
New Batman Logo T/S MED, $17.95
New Batman Logo T/S SM, $17.95
New Batman Logo T/S XL, $17.95
New Batman Logo T/S XXL, $20.95
Simpsons Springfield Bowl Lounge Shirt Asst, AR
Space Ghost At Desk Ringer T/S LG, $18.95
Space Ghost At Desk Ringer T/S XL, $18.95
Superman Flames Logo T/S LG, $17.95
Superman Flames Logo T/S XL, $17.95
Superman Flames Logo Youth T/S, $14.95
Superman Logo Red White Blue Pro Style Jersey LG, $50.00
Superman Logo Red White Blue Pro Style Jersey XL, $50.00
Transformers Autobot Workshirt Asst, AR
Transformers Decepticon Workshirt Asst, AR

videos/soundtracks
Dai Guard Vol 4 DVD, AR
Dark Stalkers Vol 1 DVD, AR
DBZ Androids Box Set Video Dub Uncut, AR
Devil Lady Vol 2 The Becoming DVD, AR
Excel Saga Vol 5 Secrets & Lies DVD, AR
Farscape Season 2 Vol 5 DVD, AR
Farscape Season 2 Vol 5 Video, AR
Hand Maid May CD-Rom With Dvds, AR
Hand Maid May CD-Rom With Figure, AR
Hello Kittys Paradise Vol 3 DVD Dub, AR
Hello Kittys Paradise Vol 3 Video Dub, AR
Magical Twilight The Hex Files DVD Sub, AR
Project Arms Vol 3 Eyes Of Flames DVD, AR
Ranma 1/2 Forever Vol Wretched Rice Cakes Of Love DVD, AR
Reign Vol 1 Obsession Of Alexander DVD, AR
Strawberry Eggs I My Me Vol 4 Absent DVD, AR
X-Men 1.5 Collectors Edition DVD, AR
Zoids Vol 6 The Ultimate X DVD, AR
Zoids Vol 6 The Ultimate X Video Dub, AR

assorted stuff
Air Heads Green Apple 36 Ct Box, AR
Batcycle Plastic Model Kit, $16.99
Batman Logo Knit OSFA Hat, $8.50
Betty Boop Bobble Head, $14.99
Blue Line Pro Comic Book Lettering Fonts #1 (AA), AR
Blue Line Pro Comic Book Lettering Fonts #2 (AA), AR
Blue Line Pro Comic Book Lettering Fonts #3 (AA), AR
BOTP Ser 2 AF Asst, AR
Carl Barks Cover Art 1996 Calendar, $6.99
Carl Barks One Pager 1996 Calendar, $6.99
Chris Achilleos Sentinel Resin Statue (resolicited), $400.00
Di Gi Charat Trading Fig Asst #1, AR
Dick Tracy Tin Car, $11.99
Hulk FM Scan Radio Digital Watch, $12.95
Jimmy Corrigan Vinyl Figure, $45.00
Johnny Lightning Boogie Vans Wave 3 Asst, AR
Johnny Lightning Hot Rod Motor Trend Wave 1 Asst, AR
Johnny Lightning Marvel Billboards Wave 1 Asst, AR
Johnny Lightning Marvel Cars Wave 3 Asst, AR
Jr Joxx Skateboarder, $7.99
Kabuki Artist Proof Bust, $75.00
Lil Sprout Wacky Wobbler, $10.99
Masters Of The Universe Dlx Wave 2 Fig Asst, AR
Mr Bill Wacky Wobbler, $10.99
Pete Fowler Monsterism 2 Trading Fig Asst, AR
Resident Evil Wounded Leon S Kennedy Exclusive AF, $15.99
Scooby Doo Level 1 Mystery Machine Model Kit, $10.99
Simpsons World Of Springfield Wave X Environment, $32.00
Spider-Man FM Scan Radio Digital Watch, $12.95
TMNT Dlx Armored Truck, $30.00
TMNT Px Leonardo Statue, $120.00
Transformers Hotrod Bust, $49.95
Yu Gi Oh Model Kit Asst, AR

*Charles S. LePage www.comiclist.com *
* New Comic Book Releases List *

Community email addresses:
Subscribe: ComicList...@yahoogroups.com

Shortcut URL to this page:

Sebastian

Feb 11, 2003, 8:02:00 AM2/11/03

"Charles LePage" <ch...@comiclist.com> wrote:
merh4vknapk9pn3u8...@4ax.com...

> ComicList: New Comic Book Releases List for Wednesday, February 12, 2003,
> Š 2003 by Charles LePage with information from Sun Coast Comics.

> DC COMICS
> Action Comics #800, $3.95

Anniversary issue... and it gives me an oppurtunity to read some Superman...

> Batman Legends Of The Dark Knight #164, $2.50

Dont Blink! Dont miss it!

> Gotham Central #4, $2.50
> Hero #1, $2.50

It looks promising so I'll give it a try.

> IMAGE COMICS
> Dominion #1, $2.95

It seems the critics dont like it (even Fourth Rail.....) but I like the
pitch and will try it out.

> MARVEL COMICS
> Daredevil #43, $2.99

Jason Michael

Feb 11, 2003, 8:18:22 AM2/11/03

"Charles LePage" <ch...@comiclist.com> wrote in message
> ARCHIE COMIC PUBLICATIONS
> Archie Mysteries #26, $2.19

I bought my wife the previous issue because she's an Archie and a C.S.I.
fan. She thought it was fun. Anybody else pick up the "new direction"?

> DC COMICS

> Astro City Local Heroes #1 (Of 5), $2.95

Good things come to those who wait...

> Azrael Agent Of The Bat #99, $2.95

Only one more issue.

> Batman Legends Of The Dark Knight #164, $2.50

Sequel to "Blink", right. This should be good.

> Superman & Batman Generations III #2 (Of 12), $2.95

I thought this was a good Bronze Age tale. Byrne's sketchy inking I could
live without, but the story was good.

> Tom Strongs Terrific Tales #6, $2.95
>

> EXHIBIT A PRESS
> Mavis #4, $3.50

Mavis, I should have voted for you for best character in the Squiddies, but
I forgot! There's always next year...

> IMAGE COMICS
> Dominion #1, $2.95

Another new Giffen book. Another new super-hero line. It's doomed, but I
enjoy Giffen, so I'll buy all 7 issues.

> MARVEL COMICS

Nothing for me this week?

> ONI PRESS
> Shot Callerz TPB, $11.95

I'm thinking of picking this up. Did anyone read this? How is it? I enjoy
crime novels, and this looks interesting.

Not a bad week.

Jason

Johanna Draper Carlson

Feb 11, 2003, 9:44:28 AM2/11/03
"Jason Michael" <jwmi...@sympatico.ca> wrote:

> > ARCHIE COMIC PUBLICATIONS
> > Archie Mysteries #26, $2.19
>
> I bought my wife the previous issue because she's an Archie and a C.S.I.
> fan. She thought it was fun. Anybody else pick up the "new direction"?

Yep, it's very promising, I thought. I read a preview of this issue, and
it's better than #25, because it skips the setup and gets to a full
story.

> > Batman Legends Of The Dark Knight #164, $2.50
>
> Sequel to "Blink", right. This should be good.

Ooh, thanks for the reminder!

--
Johanna Draper Carlson
Reviews of Comics Worth Reading -- http://www.comicsworthreading.com

Laura Gjovaag

Feb 11, 2003, 11:08:57 AM2/11/03
Charles LePage <ch...@comiclist.com> scribbled these words:

> ComicList: New Comic Book Releases List for Wednesday, February 12,
> 2003, Š 2003 by Charles LePage with information from Sun Coast Comics.
> Please visit my web site at http://www.comiclist.com.

As always, thanks!

> DC COMICS
> Aquaman #3, $2.50

WAHOO!!! *does the happy dance* I just love seeing that title on the list
again.

> Astro City Local Heroes #1 (Of 5), $2.95

Flipped through this in the sneak peek package last Wednesday. Looks good.
Saw Kurt unofficially at the Emerald City Comicon on Sunday. He's looking
tired but better.

> IMAGE COMICS
> Powers #28, $2.95

Huzzah again!

-Laura

Eric Northcutt

Feb 11, 2003, 2:03:21 PM2/11/03

"Charles LePage" <ch...@comiclist.com> wrote in message
> ComicList: New Comic Book Releases List for Wednesday, February 12, 2003,
> © 2003 by Charles LePage with information from Sun Coast Comics.

> Please visit my web site at http://www.comiclist.com.

> DC COMICS

> Astro City Local Heroes #1 (Of 5), $2.95

Woo-hoo!!!!

> Birds Of Prey Catwoman Batgirl #1 (Of 2), $5.95

Way too much to pay for a BoP story...

> Gotham Central #4, $2.50

Still haven't been able to track down #3 :(

> Hero #1, $2.50

Been looking forward to this almost as much as the Astro City return.

> JSA #45, $2.50

This is getting good again.

> Nightwing #78, $2.25

Still trying to track down #77...

> IMAGE COMICS
> Dominion #1, $2.95

Keith Giffen trashes Australia...again. Maybe worth a look-see.

> Firebreather #2 (Of 4), $2.95

By far, this is my favorite of the Image super-hero books. And the only one
I really wish was an ongoing... *sigh*

> Venture #2, $2.95

What was going on with Venture #1? Two different paper-stocks and it
smelled like furniture varnish.

> MARVEL COMICS
> Daredevil #43, $2.99

Didn't like #42 quite as much as #41, but I'll stick with it through this
story arc at least. Would probably help if I were reading Alias...

> SHOTO PRESS
> The Ghost of Silver Cliff GN (Cold Cut Distribution), $6.95

I had no idea this was coming out anytime soon...and I've been looking
forward to it. Garlands of Moonlight was great.

Hmmm...this looks like an unusually heavy week for me.

Graeme

Feb 11, 2003, 6:25:47 PM2/11/03
"Charles LePage" <ch...@comiclist.com> wrote in message

> ANARCHY STUDIOS

> Vampi Vol 2 TPB Underworld Tainted Love, $14.95

"Guilty, your honour."

> CG ENTERTAINMENT
> Brian Pulido Lady Death #1 Medieval Tale, $2.95

> Forge #11, $7.95

Both for my wife.

> DC COMICS

> Hellblazer Special Lady Constantine #3 (Of 4), $2.95

Keep forgetting I'm getting this. I'm enjoying it, but it just doesn't have
the

> IMAGE COMICS

> Darkness Vol 2 #2, $2.99

> Witchblade #61, $2.99

And more for my wife. What is it with this week's shipment?

> MARVEL COMICS
> Alias Vol 2 Come Home TPB, $13.99

I stopped getting ALIAS at #5 because I figured I was enjoying it enough
that I'd just wait for the TPB instead. And waited. And waited. By the
time Marvel actually got around to soliciting a softcover of ALIAS Vol 1 my
interest in the series had evaporated. Just thought I'd mention that.

Graeme
--
http://members.optusnet.com.au/graeme

"Cut myself shaving this morning. Got pretty scratched
up shaving the cat, too." - Bug-Eyed Earl (Red Meat)

Ralf Haring

Feb 11, 2003, 8:40:43 PM2/11/03
On Tue, 11 Feb 2003 13:03:21 -0600, "Eric Northcutt"
<ericno...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>> Birds Of Prey Catwoman Batgirl #1 (Of 2), $5.95
>
>Way too much to pay for a BoP story...

I think this only carried the BoP moniker to play off the success of
the tv show.

>> MARVEL COMICS
>> Daredevil #43, $2.99
>
>Didn't like #42 quite as much as #41, but I'll stick with it through this
>story arc at least. Would probably help if I were reading Alias...

I'm not reading Alias, but all that seems to be important is that
they're making drugs out of superfolk. Even that seems ancillary to
the main plot with the Owl.

-Ralf Haring
"The mind must be the harder, the heart the keener,
the spirit the greater, as our strength grows less."
-Byrhtwold, The Battle of Maldon

Ralf Haring

Feb 11, 2003, 8:42:33 PM2/11/03
On Wed, 12 Feb 2003 09:25:47 +1000, "Graeme"
<gra...@optushome.sodoff.com.au> wrote:

>> MARVEL COMICS
>> Alias Vol 2 Come Home TPB, $13.99
>
>I stopped getting ALIAS at #5 because I figured I was enjoying it enough
>that I'd just wait for the TPB instead. And waited. And waited. By the
>time Marvel actually got around to soliciting a softcover of ALIAS Vol 1 my
>interest in the series had evaporated. Just thought I'd mention that.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, the softcover volume 1 was solicited after
volume 2.

Hal Shipman

Feb 11, 2003, 10:36:05 PM2/11/03
On Tue, 11 Feb 2003 07:34:57 -0500, Charles LePage
<ch...@comiclist.com> wrote:

>ComicList: New Comic Book Releases List for Wednesday, February 12, 2003,
>Š 2003 by Charles LePage with information from Sun Coast Comics.
>

>DC COMICS
> Action Comics #800, $3.95
I'm amazed at my lack of curiousity about this anniversary. Way to
kill the Superman books, DC.

> Astro City Local Heroes #1 (Of 5), $2.95

When asked if we wait for the TPB on this, my other half said, "No, we
need [Kurt] to know that he's loved."

sigh.

> Batman Dynamic Duo Archives Vol 1 HC, $49.95

Hey, it's Valentine's Day. Present for myself.

> Gotham Central #4, $2.50
I've heard enough good things I want to read it, but I'm on the
pamplet v TPB fence with this.

> Green Lantern #159, $2.25
> Hero #1, $2.50
Robbie Reed meets Captain Universe. I got hooked on the House of
Mystery series when I was 10 or 11 (in back issues. I'm only 39), so
I'm kind of a purist for the concept, I guess, but this looks
promising.

> JSA #45, $2.50

> Silver Age Batman & Robin Dlx Action Figure Set, AR

Finishing out both our Silver Age Titans and JLA collections. Yay!
With Changeling coming only in the stupid 4 pack, our Modern Age
Titans will always be one short.

>IMAGE COMICS
> Powers #28, $2.95
Lack of self-control at work here.

>MARVEL COMICS
> Alias Vol 2 Come Home TPB, $13.99

Will put in my pull file for next week (a slow one, I believe)
> Black Panther #54, $2.50

> Daredevil Vol 5 Out TPB, $19.99

Valentine's Gift for the other half. You see, folks, this is where
you reap the few benefits of same-sex relationships between geeks.

>ORIGIN COMICS
> My Uncle Jeff, $3.95

Heard too many good things about this to miss it.

Plus (I hope) my two back orders of:
Buffy: The Origin
True Story Swear to God TPB

Hal.

I don't wear no Stetson
But I'm willing to bet, son
That I'm as big a Texan as you are
- Robert Earl Keen, "Amarillo Highway"
.
Remove the underscore in the address to reply by email.

Hal Shipman

Feb 11, 2003, 11:46:17 PM2/11/03
On Tue, 11 Feb 2003 21:36:05 -0600, Hal Shipman
<_h...@bizarrosquiddies.org> wrote:

><snippy, snip, snip, snip>

>Plus (I hope) my two back orders of:
>Buffy: The Origin
>True Story Swear to God TPB

Plus a Queen and Country TPB. Almost forgot.

Graeme

Feb 12, 2003, 4:59:07 AM2/12/03
ra...@duke.edu (Ralf Haring) wrote in

>>> MARVEL COMICS
>>> Alias Vol 2 Come Home TPB, $13.99
>>
>>I stopped getting ALIAS at #5 because I figured I was enjoying it
>>enough that I'd just wait for the TPB instead. And waited. And
>>waited. By the time Marvel actually got around to soliciting a
>>softcover of ALIAS Vol 1 my interest in the series had evaporated.
>>Just thought I'd mention that.
>
> Also, if I'm not mistaken, the softcover volume 1 was solicited after
> volume 2.

Yup, I'm pretty sure that was the case.

I contemplated getting the hadcover, but it didn't have the same appeal
for as other hardcovers such as ABSOLUTE AUTHORITY and Ennis & Dillon's
THE PUNISHER. Those books had the kind of art and layouts I wanted to
see in an oversized format, where the book could be opened with the pages
laid flat.

Johanna Draper Carlson

Feb 12, 2003, 8:34:12 AM2/12/03
Hal Shipman <_h...@bizarrosquiddies.org> wrote:

> True Story Swear to God TPB

Would you let us know what you think when it arrives? I haven't heard of
anyone yet who's actually seen the book.

Kate the Short --- RCN Spamblocked!

Feb 12, 2003, 7:48:43 PM2/12/03
In article <merh4vknapk9pn3u8...@4ax.com>,

Charles LePage <ch...@comiclist.com> sat on the sofa and said:

>ComicList: New Comic Book Releases List for Wednesday, February 12, 2003,

>DC COMICS

> Action Comics #800, $3.95
> Adventures Of Superman #613, $2.25

> Astro City Local Heroes #1 (Of 5), $2.95

> Birds Of Prey Catwoman Batgirl #1 (Of 2), $5.95

Might pick this up.

> Fables #10, $2.50

>DORK STORM PRESS
> Nodwick #19, $2.99

>MARVEL COMICS

> Mekanix #5 (Of 6), $2.99

Average week.

kate.

| Kate the Short - http://users.rcn.com/kateshort/ - ICQ# 8375030 |
| X-Men and Comic Book FAQs: http://users.rcn.com/kateshort/faqs/ |
| Dungeons & Dragons rgfdFAQ: http://www.enteract.com/~aardy/faq/ |
| Alpha Delta Pi Sorority page: http://www.geocities.com/adpi-vu/ |
"I've got a while before I'm older than dirt." ''And how old is
dirt these days?'' "24 or 25. I don't recall which one. I think
the average lifespan of topsoil is 25 years. I'll have to check."
-- Ereshkigal and Geoffrey, Enteractors

Scott Beeler

Feb 12, 2003, 8:44:04 PM2/12/03
Johanna Draper Carlson <joh...@discardme.comicsworthreading.com>
wrote:

> Hal Shipman <_h...@bizarrosquiddies.org> wrote:
>
> > True Story Swear to God TPB
>
> Would you let us know what you think when it arrives? I haven't heard of
> anyone yet who's actually seen the book.

I got it two weeks ago. Haven't read it yet, but it looks really
good, story-wise, art-wise, production-wise, all-wise.

I had been every-so-slightly leery about $15 for four issues, but I
hadn't realized they were huge mondo issues. So that's nice. :-)

--
Scott C. Beeler scott...@home.com

Hal Shipman

Feb 13, 2003, 1:24:35 AM2/13/03
On Wed, 12 Feb 2003 08:34:12 -0500, Johanna Draper Carlson
<joh...@discardme.comicsworthreading.com> wrote:

> Hal Shipman <_h...@bizarrosquiddies.org> wrote:
>
>> True Story Swear to God TPB
>
>Would you let us know what you think when it arrives? I haven't heard of
>anyone yet who's actually seen the book.

Well, add me to that list. Dammit. My shop had several of them, but
I thought of it too late. It's been on order for ~two weeks now and
no sign of it yet.

Brian Henderson

Feb 14, 2003, 4:22:07 PM2/14/03
<ch...@comiclist.com> wrote:

>CG ENTERTAINMENT
> Brian Pulido Lady Death #1 Medieval Tale, $2.95
> Chimera #1 (Of 4), $2.95

> Negation #15 Key Issue, AR

> Sojourn #20, $2.95

>DC COMICS
> Nightwing #78, $2.25

This really should be dropped off my list, I went to the comic shop
fully intending to cross it off, but decided to give it one more
chance. I really don't like the whole idea of vigilante by night/cop
by day thing.

> Scooby-Doo #69, $2.25

Now I have both my daughters reading comics. :)

>DREAMWAVE
> Transformers War Within #5, $2.95

>MARVEL COMICS
> Daredevil #43, $2.99
> Incredible Hulk #50, $3.50

I gave it a shot, considering all the hype it's gotten, and it wasn't
too bad. I really couldn't stand the Hulk of old with "Hulk SMASH!"
all the time.

> Iron Man #65, $2.25

> Mekanix #5 (Of 6), $2.99

Moderate week really.

Kate the Short --- RCN Spamblocked!

Feb 16, 2003, 11:36:28 AM2/16/03
In article <seem4voj382p67r9o...@4ax.com>,

Hal Shipman <_h...@bizarrosquiddies.org> sat on the sofa and said:
>On Wed, 12 Feb 2003 08:34:12 -0500, Johanna Draper Carlson
><joh...@discardme.comicsworthreading.com> wrote:
>> Hal Shipman <_h...@bizarrosquiddies.org> wrote:
>>
>>> True Story Swear to God TPB
>>
>>Would you let us know what you think when it arrives? I haven't heard of
>>anyone yet who's actually seen the book.
>
>Well, add me to that list. Dammit. My shop had several of them, but
>I thought of it too late. It's been on order for ~two weeks now and
>no sign of it yet.

Ours came! I haven't started it, but Aardy thinks it's an interesting
story so far. (Only read the first chapter, which is the guy kind of
swooning over her a lot.)

kate.

| Kate the Short - http://users.rcn.com/kateshort/ - Y! "racmx" |
| ICQ: "8375030" ---- AIM: "kateshort" ---- MSN: "katetheshort" |
| X-Men and Comics FAQs -- http://users.rcn.com/kateshort/faqs/ |
Genius, the power which dazzles human eyes, is oft but perseverance
in disguise. -- H. W. Austin

Kevin J. Maroney

Feb 16, 2003, 1:07:46 PM2/16/03
On Sun, 16 Feb 2003 10:36:28 -0600, Kate the Short --- RCN
Spamblocked! <kate...@rcn.com.invalid> wrote:
[About "True Story, Swear to God":]

>Ours came! I haven't started it, but Aardy thinks it's an interesting
>story so far. (Only read the first chapter, which is the guy kind of
>swooning over her a lot.)

What's amazing about TSSTG is that it manages to be almost completely
about two people being very happy and very much in love without being
tedious or cloying.

--
Kevin J. Maroney | k...@panix.com
"Love doesn't have a point. Love *is* the point."--Alan Moore