Should new Phoenix like Forces show up

BLACKMYSTECH RANGER

Sep 3, 2010, 12:09:47 AM9/3/10
What ya think?

Time to be evil!!
Let's Rock!!!
Kitty Pryde/ShadowCat is HOT!!!
Badness is cool!!!

grinningdemon

Sep 3, 2010, 1:05:18 AM9/3/10

Yes...Kitty Pryde and Gwen whateverthehellhernameis should merge
together with all the alternate versions of themselves and be
possessed by the Phoenix Force and all the alternate versions of it as
well as start wearing all of Iron Man's armors...every one of
them...and all the alternate versions of them...it would be
AWESOME!!!!

grinningdemon

Sep 3, 2010, 2:43:00 AM9/3/10

Oops...totally forgot they need all the infinity gems (of course,
combined with their alternates) to complete the ensemble.

Ah, what the hell...let's just merge everyone and everything in the
Marvel Universe, DC Universe, and all cartoons (along with alternates)
into one gigantic blob...great times!!!!

M.O.R

Sep 3, 2010, 3:13:25 PM9/3/10
On Sep 3, 7:43 am, grinningdemon <grinningde...@austin.rr.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 03 Sep 2010 00:05:18 -0500, grinningdemon
>

> <grinningde...@austin.rr.com> wrote:
> >On Thu, 2 Sep 2010 23:09:47 -0500, SUPREMERAN...@webtv.net

> >(BLACKMYSTECH RANGER) wrote:
>
> >>What ya think?
>
> >>Time to be evil!!
> >>Let's Rock!!!
> >>Kitty Pryde/ShadowCat is HOT!!!
> >>Badness is cool!!!
>
> >Yes...Kitty Pryde and Gwen whateverthehellhernameis should merge
> >together with all the alternate versions of themselves and be
> >possessed by the Phoenix Force and all the alternate versions of it as
> >well as start wearing all of Iron Man's armors...every one of
> >them...and all the alternate versions of them...it would be
> >AWESOME!!!!
>
> Oops...totally forgot they need all the infinity gems (of course,
> combined with their alternates) to complete the ensemble.
>
> Ah, what the hell...let's just merge everyone and everything in the
> Marvel Universe, DC Universe, and all cartoons (along with alternates)
> into one gigantic blob...great times!!!!- Hide quoted text -

I actually like the idea of more than one force outside of the
Phoenix. Have different forces inhabit a select group of individuals,
many of whom are not mutants or X-men/ Acolytes/ Brotherhood of evil
mutants but rather select individuals. The Phoenix could be one of
four or five powers, some good, some most definitely not.

Something interesting could come of it if used in the right hands. I
kinda imagine a guy like Archie Goodwin, RIP, steering this kind of
story in the right direction.

~consul

Sep 3, 2010, 4:33:08 PM9/3/10
'tis on Fri, 3 Sep 2010 12:13:25 -0700 (PDT), wrote M.O.R thus to essay our thoughts to discern upon

>> On Fri, 03 Sep 2010 00:05:18 -0500, grinningdemon
>> Ah, what the hell...let's just merge everyone and everything in the
>> Marvel Universe, DC Universe, and all cartoons (along with alternates)
>> into one gigantic blob...great times!!!!- Hide quoted text -
> I actually like the idea of more than one force outside of the
> Phoenix. Have different forces inhabit a select group of individuals,
> many of whom are not mutants or X-men/ Acolytes/ Brotherhood of evil
> mutants but rather select individuals. The Phoenix could be one of
> four or five powers, some good, some most definitely not.

There was an Anti-Phoenix entity, I forget what it was called.

I'd like Marvel to explore that idea, though I don't know if I like it to go to say, like the DC Lanternroute.
--
"... respect, all good works are not done by only good folk. For here, at the end of all things, we shall do what needs to be done."
--till next time, consul -x- <<poetry.dolphins-cove.com>>

Scott Eiler

Sep 3, 2010, 10:32:56 PM9/3/10
On Sep 3, 12:13 pm, "M.O.R" <sean.carmod...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I actually like the idea of more than one force outside of the
> Phoenix.  Have different forces inhabit a select group of individuals,
> many of whom are not mutants or X-men/ Acolytes/ Brotherhood of evil
> mutants but rather select individuals.  The Phoenix could be one of
> four or five powers, some good, some most definitely not.

I'm pretty sure those other forces exist already. Maybe it takes a
Gorilla Force to turn you into a Gorilla Man, for instance. And we've
already seen hints of a Spider Force.

But this way could lead madness.

William George Ferguson

Sep 3, 2010, 10:44:45 PM9/3/10
On Fri, 3 Sep 2010 12:13:25 -0700 (PDT), "M.O.R" <sean.ca...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Sep 3, 7:43 am, grinningdemon <grinningde...@austin.rr.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, 03 Sep 2010 00:05:18 -0500, grinningdemon
>>

>> <grinningde...@austin.rr.com> wrote:

>> >Yes...Kitty Pryde and Gwen whateverthehellhernameis should merge
>> >together with all the alternate versions of themselves and be
>> >possessed by the Phoenix Force and all the alternate versions of it as
>> >well as start wearing all of Iron Man's armors...every one of
>> >them...and all the alternate versions of them...it would be
>> >AWESOME!!!!
>>
>> Oops...totally forgot they need all the infinity gems (of course,
>> combined with their alternates) to complete the ensemble.

Hey, don't forget the Quantum Bands, and the Nega-Bands, and teh
Starbrand...

>> Ah, what the hell...let's just merge everyone and everything in the
>> Marvel Universe, DC Universe, and all cartoons (along with alternates)
>> into one gigantic blob...great times!!!!- Hide quoted text -

>I actually like the idea of more than one force outside of the
>Phoenix. Have different forces inhabit a select group of individuals,
>many of whom are not mutants or X-men/ Acolytes/ Brotherhood of evil
>mutants but rather select individuals. The Phoenix could be one of
>four or five powers, some good, some most definitely not.

Ooh! Ooh! I know! We could call one of them the 'Uni-Power', and we
could call its wielder, Captain Universe!

--
I have a theory, it could be bunnies

Mike Hall

Sep 4, 2010, 5:03:43 PM9/4/10
On 4 Sep, 03:44, William George Ferguson <wmgfr...@newsguy.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 3 Sep 2010 12:13:25 -0700 (PDT), "M.O.R" <sean.carmod...@gmail.com>

Nah, bring Captain Planet into the Marvel Universe with the Planeteers
amped up for the 21st Century! Go Planet!!

Mike Hall

Warewolf

Sep 4, 2010, 7:19:26 PM9/4/10
grinningdemon <grinni...@austin.rr.com> wrote in

>>Yes...Kitty Pryde and Gwen whateverthehellhernameis should merge
>>together with all the alternate versions of themselves and be
>>possessed by the Phoenix Force and all the alternate versions of it as
>>well as start wearing all of Iron Man's armors...every one of
>>them...and all the alternate versions of them...it would be
>>AWESOME!!!!
>
> Oops...totally forgot they need all the infinity gems (of course,
> combined with their alternates) to complete the ensemble.
>
> Ah, what the hell...let's just merge everyone and everything in the
> Marvel Universe, DC Universe, and all cartoons (along with alternates)
> into one gigantic blob...great times!!!!

That's it, demon, let it all out.

Expressing your frustration is the first step toward dealing with it.

Pulling the cord on your favorite chainsaw is the next step. ~_^

Go on. You know you want to. ^_^

Warewolf

Sep 4, 2010, 7:19:29 PM9/4/10
"M.O.R" <sean.ca...@gmail.com> wrote in news:4363147a-bab6-443f-bec4-
6a8d5a...@z25g2000vbn.googlegroups.com:

> I actually like the idea of more than one force outside of the
> Phoenix. Have different forces inhabit a select group of individuals,
> many of whom are not mutants or X-men/ Acolytes/ Brotherhood of evil
> mutants but rather select individuals. The Phoenix could be one of
> four or five powers, some good, some most definitely not.

Actually, since the Phoenix is an embodiment of fire, I could see this idea
entering 'Avatar: the Last Airbender' or even 'Captain Planet' territory. -
_-U

And, if I'm not mistaken, there are quite a few 'ultimate beings' (if not
mind controllers) polluting the universe already. 9_9

> Something interesting could come of it if used in the right hands. I
> kinda imagine a guy like Archie Goodwin, RIP, steering this kind of
> story in the right direction.

Actually, if you wanted to expand on the idea of 'embodied concepts', I
seem to remember a few oddities that could receive a second chance.

There have, for example, been (at least, two) civilizations that
communicated through song. (One in an episode of 'Transformers' and another
in an issue of 'Josie and the Pussycats')

There has been at least six planets populated entirely by robots.
(In Transformers, Gobots, Duck Tales, Futurama, My Life as a Teenage Robot
and Megas XLR, respecitvely. Feel free to add more examples)

And there has been at least four cases where mixing ideas created something
clever. (Remember Archie's Madhouse? Sam and Max? How about Invader Zim
or The Tick?)

(I'm sure that there's even a comic featuring clock-faced supermodels out
there, somewhere)

If the current crop of studios is willing to explore their writing/
drawing teams' imagination(s), they may entice (more) readers to give their
comics a second chance. ^_^

It would have to be an *exciting* wrestling-based universe, though. ^_^

Signed,
Warewolf
who could, no doubt, think of a lot of other alternate universes to explore
(along with the rest of you regulars).

grinningdemon

Sep 4, 2010, 9:06:42 PM9/4/10
On Sat, 4 Sep 2010 14:03:43 -0700 (PDT), Mike Hall <tar...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

You know, I always thought his real power came from the mullet.

grinningdemon

Sep 4, 2010, 9:07:07 PM9/4/10
On Sat, 04 Sep 2010 23:19:26 GMT, Warewolf <warewol...@shaw.ca>
wrote:

Don't tempt me.

M.O.R

Sep 5, 2010, 5:32:37 PM9/5/10
> You know, I always thought his real power came from the mullet.- Hide quoted text -

I'm sure he caused a great deal of pollution by using so many hair
products to keep it styled and in shape.

BLACKMYSTECH RANGER

Sep 5, 2010, 8:05:57 PM9/5/10

Re: Should new Phoenix like Forces show up

Group: rec.arts.comics.marvel.universe Date: Sun, Sep 5, 2010, 2:32pm
(CDT-2) From: sean.ca...@gmail.com (M.O.R)

Captain Planet was a elemental force, specifically EarthForce which was
the combined power of Earth/Fire/Wind/Water/Heart, when the 5 powers
combined they formed EarthForce, which transformed to Captain Planet!

grinningdemon

Sep 5, 2010, 8:52:40 PM9/5/10

No, no, no...I'm SURE it was the mullet.

BLACKMYSTECH RANGER

Sep 5, 2010, 10:06:53 PM9/5/10

Re: Should new Phoenix like Forces show up

Group: rec.arts.comics.marvel.universe Date: Sun, Sep 5, 2010, 7:52pm
From: grinni...@austin.rr.com (grinningdemon)

I am sorry but I am right here, and Captain Pollution was formed from
PollutionForce, which was the combined power of
SuperRadiation/Deforestation/Smog/Toxics/Hate, when the 5 powers
combined they formed PollutionForce, which transformed to Captain
Pollution!

grinningdemon

Sep 5, 2010, 10:21:14 PM9/5/10
On Sun, 5 Sep 2010 21:06:53 -0500, SUPREM...@webtv.net
(BLACKMYSTECH RANGER) wrote:

I see...so the earthforce powered the mullet then? Or was he bitten
by a radioactive mullet? Brilliant!!! Nothing says super powers like
a giant green mullet.

On a side note, I saw the worst mullet today...it was this old biker
dude and the mullet was mostly gray...normally, my first inclination
upon seeing a mullet is to hold the person down and shave his (or her)
head...but this guy looked like he could kick my ass so I let it
slide...and the moral of the story is, if you're going to have a
mullet in this day and age, you better be able to defend it...or at
least look like you can.

BLACKMYSTECH RANGER

Sep 5, 2010, 10:41:21 PM9/5/10

Re: Should new Phoenix like Forces show up

Group: rec.arts.comics.marvel.universe Date: Sun, Sep 5, 2010, 9:21pm

Neither on the mullet, Captain Planet was powered by Nature itself, and
Captain Pollution was powered by Pollution!

Scott Eiler

Sep 5, 2010, 11:21:09 PM9/5/10
On Sep 5, 7:41 pm, SUPREMERAN...@webtv.net (BLACKMYSTECH RANGER)
wrote:

> Group: rec.arts.comics.marvel.universe Date: Sun, Sep 5, 2010, 9:21pm

> From: grinningde...@austin.rr.com (grinningdemon)

>> I see...so the earthforce powered the mullet then? Or was he bitten by a
>> radioactive mullet? Brilliant!!! Nothing says super powers like a giant
>> green mullet.
>

> Neither on the mullet, Captain Planet was powered by Nature itself, and
> Captain Pollution was powered by Pollution!

... I'm trying to come up with a Marvel Universe counterpart for this
whole conversation, but all I can think of is Forrest Gump. I know
the DC Universe has G'nort, but does the Marvel Universe have anything
like Gump with superpowers?

grinningdemon

Sep 6, 2010, 12:13:17 AM9/6/10
On Sun, 5 Sep 2010 21:41:21 -0500, SUPREM...@webtv.net
(BLACKMYSTECH RANGER) wrote:

Oh come on...obviously, it has to be the mullet...it's the only
possible explanation. Nature? Who would ever believe that?

grinningdemon

Sep 6, 2010, 12:14:49 AM9/6/10

Joe Quesada? His personality fits and the superpower is to make
everything suck beyond belief.

Mike Hall

Sep 6, 2010, 12:38:23 PM9/6/10
On 6 Sep, 05:13, grinningdemon <grinningde...@austin.rr.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 5 Sep 2010 21:41:21 -0500, SUPREMERAN...@webtv.net

> (BLACKMYSTECH RANGER) wrote:
>
> >Re: Should new Phoenix like Forces show up
>
> >Group: rec.arts.comics.marvel.universe Date: Sun, Sep 5, 2010, 9:21pm
> >From: grinningde...@austin.rr.com (grinningdemon)
> >On Sun, 5 Sep 2010 21:06:53 -0500, SUPREMERAN...@webtv.net (BLACKMYSTECH

> >RANGER) wrote:
> >Re: Should new Phoenix like Forces show up
> >Group: rec.arts.comics.marvel.universe Date: Sun, Sep 5, 2010, 7:52pm
> >From: grinningde...@austin.rr.com (grinningdemon)
> >On Sun, 5 Sep 2010 19:05:57 -0500, SUPREMERAN...@webtv.net (BLACKMYSTECH

> >RANGER) wrote:
> >Re: Should new Phoenix like Forces show up Group:
> >rec.arts.comics.marvel.universe Date: Sun, Sep 5, 2010, 2:32pm (CDT-2)
> >From: sean.carmod...@gmail.com (M.O.R) On Sep 5, 2:06 am,

The only mullet-powered super-hero that I can think of is Samson.
Looking at the posts though the two Captains could have been made for
our BlackMysticRanger! I don't think that anyone could look at that
show and not think of being evil!!

Mike Hall

grinningdemon

Sep 6, 2010, 1:15:17 PM9/6/10
On Mon, 6 Sep 2010 09:38:23 -0700 (PDT), Mike Hall <tar...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

Or mullets.

M.O.R

Sep 6, 2010, 3:19:27 PM9/6/10
On Sep 6, 3:41 am, SUPREMERAN...@webtv.net (BLACKMYSTECH RANGER)

wrote:
> Re: Should new Phoenix like Forces show up
>
> Group: rec.arts.comics.marvel.universe Date: Sun, Sep 5, 2010, 9:21pm
> From: grinningde...@austin.rr.com (grinningdemon)

> On Sun, 5 Sep 2010 21:06:53 -0500, SUPREMERAN...@webtv.net (BLACKMYSTECHRANGER) wrote:
>
> Re: Should new Phoenix like Forces show up
> Group: rec.arts.comics.marvel.universe Date: Sun, Sep 5, 2010, 7:52pm
> From: grinningde...@austin.rr.com (grinningdemon)

> On Sun, 5 Sep 2010 19:05:57 -0500, SUPREMERAN...@webtv.net (BLACKMYSTECHRANGER) wrote:
>
> Re: Should new Phoenix like Forces show up Group:
> rec.arts.comics.marvel.universe Date: Sun, Sep 5, 2010, 2:32pm (CDT-2)
> From: sean.carmod...@gmail.com (M.O.R) On Sep 5, 2:06 am,grinningdemon <grinningde...@austin.rr.com> wrote: On Sat, 4 Sep 2010

> 14:03:43 -0700 (PDT), Mike Hall <tar...@yahoo.com> wrote: On 4 Sep,
> 03:44, William George Ferguson <wmgfr...@newsguy.com> wrote: On Fri, 3
> Sep 2010 12:13:25 -0700 (PDT), "M.O.R" <sean.carmod...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> On Sep 3, 7:43 am, grinningdemon <grinningde...@austin.rr.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 03 Sep 2010 00:05:18 -0500, grinningdemon<grinningde...@austin.rr.com> wrote:

Does that mean, by using all those hair care products, including hair
gel, hair spray, and chemically filled shampoos and conditioners,
which resulted in pollution, that Captain Planet thereby caused the
the birth of Captain Pollution?
The irony would no doubt be lost on Captain Planet.

grinningdemon

Sep 6, 2010, 3:40:57 PM9/6/10

The mullet will not be restrained.

Warewolf

Sep 6, 2010, 4:00:29 PM9/6/10

> Does that mean, by using all those hair care products, including hair
> gel, hair spray, and chemically filled shampoos and conditioners,
> which resulted in pollution, that Captain Planet thereby caused the
> the birth of Captain Pollution?
> The irony would no doubt be lost on Captain Planet.

Or Ted Turner.

CAPTAIN PLANE-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-E-ET!!!

Wakko Warner: That man is scaring me.

Fuzzball: Look like job for CAPTAIN **CA-A-A-A-AVEMA-A-A-A-A-A-A-ANNN!!!**

[Ted is blown away into the stratosphere by the battle cry]

Ted: You're all fir-r-r-r-red...

Daria: That's a relief. For a minute, I thought you were going to threaten
us.

[Daria returns to the long abandoned 'Broken Arms Hotel']
[where a 'Cancelled Series Welcome' banner hangs above the entrance]

Warewolf

Sep 6, 2010, 4:12:37 PM9/6/10

> Or mullets.

[A Nair-like substance is released into the air]
[causing everyone's hair to fall out]
[Even a certain elemental's]

Elmer Fudd: Well, what do you know? No more mullets.

Bugs Bunny: No more mullets? Hey, laughing boy, no more mullets.

Daffy Duck: No more mullets?

[Daffy grabs Captain Planet's head]

Daffy: Here, lemme see that thing. Hmmmmm...

[Daffy gets socked by CP's insta-grow hair]
[that snaps back into shape]

Elmer Fudd: Well, what do you know. One mullet left.

Bugs: One mullet left? Hey, laughing boy, there was...

Daffy (covering his eyes): I know, I KNOW!!

[The little black duck removes his hand,]
[revealing his new blacker eye]
[He storms out of the scene]

Daffy (to the animator): Thanks for the sour persimmons, cousin.

(Come on, now, you knew that was coming)

BLACKMYSTECH RANGER

Sep 8, 2010, 2:26:01 PM9/8/10

Re: Should new Phoenix like Forces show up

Group: rec.arts.comics.marvel.universe Date: Mon, Sep 6, 2010, 8:12pm
(CDT+5) From: warewol...@shaw.ca (Warewolf)

Ya know that personally it could be worse, Marvel could ask permission
to continue Captain Planet from season6!

Mike Hall

Sep 8, 2010, 8:27:51 PM9/8/10
On 8 Sep, 19:26, SUPREMERAN...@webtv.net (BLACKMYSTECH RANGER) wrote:

> Ya know that personally it could be worse, Marvel could ask permission
> to continue Captain Planet from season6!
>
> Time to be evil!!
> Let's Rock!!!
> Kitty Pryde/ShadowCat is HOT!!!
> Badness is cool!!!

This wouldn't be so bad. They could have their own Earth just ripe
for a visit from Galactus! Although Galactus is bald right? The
mullet could be the deciding factor in a fight!

Mike Hall

BLACKMYSTECH RANGER

Sep 8, 2010, 9:47:35 PM9/8/10

Re: Should new Phoenix like Forces show up

Group: rec.arts.comics.marvel.universe Date: Wed, Sep 8, 2010, 5:27pm
(CDT-2) From: tar...@yahoo.com (Mike Hall)

Well actually Galactus can look differently to others!

Scott Eiler

Sep 8, 2010, 10:56:17 PM9/8/10
On Sep 8, 6:47 pm, SUPREMERAN...@webtv.net (BLACKMYSTECH RANGER)
wrote:

> (CDT-2) From: tar...@yahoo.com (Mike Hall)
>

>> This wouldn't be so bad. They could have their own Earth just ripe for a
>> visit from Galactus! Although Galactus is bald right? The mullet could
>> be the deciding factor in a fight!
>

> Well actually Galactus can look differently to others!

Hey, you're right! When Galactus comes to eat Captain Planet's world,
the big guy will probably have a giant purple mullet.

Mike Hall

Sep 9, 2010, 12:38:02 PM9/9/10

I dreamt most of the start already:
Silver Surfer comes to Captain Planet's world.
Planeteers attack him. Power Cosmic no good since the Planeteers are
master of PC.
Surf calls Galactus. Planeteers knock out his Kirby Helmet revealing
a purple mullet. In horror the Planeteers call on Captain Planet.
Captain Planet vs Mullet Galactus: a most scary cosmic battle!

Mike Hall

grinningdemon

Sep 9, 2010, 4:57:30 PM9/9/10
On Thu, 9 Sep 2010 09:38:02 -0700 (PDT), Mike Hall <tar...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>On 9 Sep, 03:56, Scott Eiler <sei...@eilertech.com> wrote:

Silver Surfer needs a big silver mullet too...though I've always
thought an afro would suit him better.

Mike Hall

Sep 9, 2010, 7:37:38 PM9/9/10

> Silver Surfer needs a big silver mullet too...though I've always

> thought an afro would suit him better.

Hmm... Has it ever been confirmed how much power is derived from
Gladiator's mohawk? I don't think a perm would go well on a cosmic
surfer though.

Mike Hall

grinningdemon

Sep 9, 2010, 10:29:07 PM9/9/10
On Thu, 9 Sep 2010 16:37:38 -0700 (PDT), Mike Hall <tar...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

Well...Gladiator's power is said to be mostly psionic and based on his
self-confidence...so he must think quite a bit of that mohawk to have
kept it for so long.

FSogol

Sep 10, 2010, 8:52:46 AM9/10/10

How about a mohawk?
--
FSogol

FSogol

Sep 10, 2010, 9:27:17 AM9/10/10

a Taxi Driver mohawk: "One day a real rain will wash all scum off the
cosmos."
--
FSogol

Warewolf

Sep 10, 2010, 1:08:36 PM9/10/10
FSogol <FSo...@nospamplease.org> wrote in news:i6d9mv$hpd$4...@news.eternal-
september.org:

**GRENADE!!**

**BOOM!!!!1!**

[Everyone in the Marvel Universe is sporting a mohawk]
[even newborn babies]

Night Elf: I make this place look GOO-O-O-O-O-O-OOD.

Voiceover: I'm Mr.T and I'm a Night Elf Mohawk. What's *YOUR* shame?

Michael

Sep 10, 2010, 10:15:18 PM9/10/10
Scott Eiler wrote:

> On Sep 3, 12:13 pm, "M.O.R" <sean.carmod...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>I actually like the idea of more than one force outside of the
>>Phoenix. Have different forces inhabit a select group of individuals,
>>many of whom are not mutants or X-men/ Acolytes/ Brotherhood of evil
>>mutants but rather select individuals. The Phoenix could be one of
>>four or five powers, some good, some most definitely not.
>

> I'm pretty sure those other forces exist already. Maybe it takes a
> Gorilla Force to turn you into a Gorilla Man, for instance. And we've
> already seen hints of a Spider Force.
>
> But this way could lead madness.

Ooo! Like Spider-Man, Spider-Woman, arachne, and Madame Web (and
others) all tap into the Spider Force just like the Flashes!

NICE!

Michael

grinningdemon

Sep 10, 2010, 11:03:31 PM9/10/10
On Fri, 10 Sep 2010 19:15:18 -0700, Michael <this...@for.rent>
wrote:

Absolutely...and, when they "spider-out," they grow extra arms and
start shitting out their webs...seems like the logical next step...and
the women kill their mates, suck out the insides and lay their eggs in
the withered husks...and, when they die, they just go off to
spider-heaven with all the flies they can eat...fun stuff.

Michael

Sep 10, 2010, 11:22:24 PM9/10/10
grinningdemon wrote:

Do all female spiders do that or just the Black Widow?

Heck I was thinking they just got ensnared by the web of the Spider Force.

;)

Michael

grinningdemon

Sep 11, 2010, 12:03:07 AM9/11/10
On Fri, 10 Sep 2010 20:22:24 -0700, Michael <this...@for.rent>
wrote:

All the fun ones do.

Michael

Sep 11, 2010, 12:36:21 AM9/11/10

Well okay then!

Michael

Scott Eiler

Sep 11, 2010, 1:52:58 AM9/11/10
On Sep 10, 9:36 pm, Michael <thissp...@for.rent> wrote:
> grinningdemon wrote:
> > On Fri, 10 Sep 2010 20:22:24 -0700, Michael <thissp...@for.rent>
> > wrote:

> >>Do all female spiders do that or just the Black Widow?
>
> > All the fun ones do.
>
> Well okay then!

Hey, you all get it!

And that's just *one* place where new Phoenix-like forces can lead to
madness. I think we already discussed a Mullet Force.

Just to keep things going... Where does rapid healing actually come
from? Is there a Wolverine-Force?

grinningdemon

Sep 11, 2010, 5:17:25 AM9/11/10

Hey now...don't knock the mullet force...it's a brilliant idea just
waiting to happen.

>Just to keep things going... Where does rapid healing actually come
>from? Is there a Wolverine-Force?

Yes, but it's actually called the "ridiculously over-exposed and
overrated" force...he and Deadpool are the only ones to tap it so far
but give Marvel time...Norman Osborn was a temporary member but they
had his membership revoked for not being hideously disfigured and/or
an excessively hairy midget.

M.O.R

Sep 11, 2010, 7:48:20 PM9/11/10
On Sep 11, 10:17 am, grinningdemon <grinningde...@austin.rr.com>
> an excessively hairy midget.- Hide quoted text -

What about that Weapon X character, if I remember her name right. She
had two claws, was a teenager, and a government experiment. Dunno if
she's used anymore.

There was also Wild Thing, Wolverine's daughter from a future union
with Elektra. Just an all around awful idea, and her execution was
similarly awful.

Michael

Sep 11, 2010, 8:50:13 PM9/11/10

And one claw in each foot.

She's part of the current X-Force, IIRC.

Michael

Michael

Sep 11, 2010, 8:51:37 PM9/11/10
grinningdemon wrote:

With a movie starring David Spade.

>>Just to keep things going... Where does rapid healing actually come
>>from? Is there a Wolverine-Force?
>

> Yes, but it's actually called the "ridiculously over-exposed and
> overrated" force...he and Deadpool are the only ones to tap it so far
> but give Marvel time...Norman Osborn was a temporary member but they
> had his membership revoked for not being hideously disfigured and/or
> an excessively hairy midget.

Michael

Michael

Sep 11, 2010, 8:52:44 PM9/11/10
Scott Eiler wrote:

Mullet Corps. And we can gie various other hairstyles their own Corps.

BEWARE! (hairstyle) COIF IS COMING!

> Just to keep things going... Where does rapid healing actually come
> from? Is there a Wolverine-Force?

Michael

grinningdemon

Sep 12, 2010, 1:30:33 AM9/12/10

I think you mean X-23...she's still around...she was part of the new
X-Force and now she's getting her own book.

>There was also Wild Thing, Wolverine's daughter from a future union
>with Elektra. Just an all around awful idea, and her execution was
>similarly awful.

Yeah, that was terrible...I like Spidergirl but some of the other
ideas they had in that MC2 universe were REALLY bad.

YKW

Sep 12, 2010, 4:54:42 AM9/12/10

>>There was also Wild Thing, Wolverine's daughter from a future union
>>with Elektra. Just an all around awful idea, and her execution was
>>similarly awful.
>
> Yeah, that was terrible...I like Spidergirl but some of the other
> ideas they had in that MC2 universe were REALLY bad.

Good: First A-Next team
Bad: Second A-Next team (lazy way to "homage", DeFalco)

Good: Fantastic Five
Bad: X-People

Good: The Buzz
Bad: Wild Thing

Good: Darkdevil
Bad: Doc Magus

Good: Ron Frenz
Bad: Ron Lim

--
------------------- ------------------------------------------------
|| E-mail: ykw2006 ||"The mystery of government is not how Washington||

-- The One, 14 Oct 08

grinningdemon

Sep 12, 2010, 5:47:34 AM9/12/10
On Sun, 12 Sep 2010 08:54:42 GMT, YKW <Y...@YKW.YKW> wrote:

>grinningdemon <grinni...@austin.rr.com> wrote in
>
>>>There was also Wild Thing, Wolverine's daughter from a future union
>>>with Elektra. Just an all around awful idea, and her execution was
>>>similarly awful.
>>
>> Yeah, that was terrible...I like Spidergirl but some of the other
>> ideas they had in that MC2 universe were REALLY bad.
>
>Good: First A-Next team
>Bad: Second A-Next team (lazy way to "homage", DeFalco)
>
>Good: Fantastic Five
>Bad: X-People
>
>Good: The Buzz
>Bad: Wild Thing
>
>Good: Darkdevil
>Bad: Doc Magus
>
>Good: Ron Frenz
>Bad: Ron Lim

I agree with all of this but the last one...I think that's actually
two for the bad column...and, given the choice, I'd prefer Ron Lim.

M.O.R

Sep 12, 2010, 3:54:28 PM9/12/10
On Sep 12, 10:47 am, grinningdemon <grinningde...@austin.rr.com>
wrote:

> On Sun, 12 Sep 2010 08:54:42 GMT, YKW <Y...@YKW.YKW> wrote:
> >grinningdemon <grinningde...@austin.rr.com> wrote in

> >> Yeah, that was terrible...I like Spidergirl but some of the other
> >> ideas they had in that MC2 universe were REALLY bad.
>
> >Good: First A-Next team
> >Bad: Second A-Next team (lazy way to "homage", DeFalco)
>
> >Good: Fantastic Five
> >Bad: X-People
>
> >Good: The Buzz
> >Bad: Wild Thing
>
> >Good: Darkdevil
> >Bad: Doc Magus
>
> >Good: Ron Frenz
> >Bad: Ron Lim
>
> I agree with all of this but the last one...I think that's actually
> two for the bad column...and, given the choice, I'd prefer Ron Lim.- Hide quoted text -

You haven't seen Ron Lim's latest stuff. Small noses, no expressions,
bad designs...I'd far, far prefer Ron Frenz. Ron Lim's work on Anita
Blake was just sub par.

grinningdemon

Sep 12, 2010, 4:05:49 PM9/12/10

Whereas I think everything Ron Frenz has ever done has been sub
par...not that I'm any great Ron Lim fan either.

Warewolf

Apr 24, 2012, 1:51:49 AM4/24/12
"M.O.R" <sean.ca...@gmail.com> wrote in news:4363147a-bab6-443f-bec4-
6a8d5a...@z25g2000vbn.googlegroups.com:

> I actually like the idea of more than one force outside of the
> Phoenix. Have different forces inhabit a select group of individuals,
> many of whom are not mutants or X-men/ Acolytes/ Brotherhood of evil
> mutants but rather select individuals. The Phoenix could be one of
> four or five powers, some good, some most definitely not.

Actually, since the Phoenix is an embodiment of fire, I could see this
idea entering 'Avatar: the Last Airbender' or even 'Captain Planet'
territory. -_-U

And, if I'm not mistaken, there are quite a few 'ultimate beings' (if not
mind controllers) polluting the universe already.

> Something interesting could come of it if used in the right hands. I
> kinda imagine a guy like Archie Goodwin, RIP, steering this kind of
> story in the right direction.

Actually, if you wanted to expand on the idea of 'embodied concepts', I
seem to remember a few oddities that could receive a second chance.

There have, for example, been (at least, two) civilizations that
communicated through song. (One in an episode of 'Transformers' and
another in an issue of 'Josie and the Pussycats')

There has been at least six planets populated entirely by robots.
(In Transformers, Gobots, Duck Tales, Futurama, My Life as a Teenage
Robot and Megas XLR, respecitvely. Feel free to add more examples)

And there has been at least four cases where mixing ideas created
something clever. (Remember Archie's Madhouse? Sam and Max? How about
Invader Zim or The Tick?)

(I'm sure that there's even a comic featuring clock-faced supermodels out
there, somewhere)

If the current crop of studios is willing to explore their writing/
drawing teams' imagination(s), they may entice (more) readers to give
their comics a second chance. ^_^

It would have to be an *exciting* wrestling-based universe, though.

BLACKMYSTECH RANGER

May 3, 2012, 8:18:31 PM5/3/12

Re: Should new Phoenix like Forces show up

Group: rec.arts.comics.marvel.universe Date: Tue, Apr 24, 2012, 5:51am
(CDT+5) From: warewol...@shaw.ca (Warewolf)
Hmm interesting!

(01)Kitty Pryde Is Hot!

(02.)Badness Is Cool!