[spoiled] Civil / Annihilation War

rezist.com

Aug 11, 2006, 7:58:48 PM8/11/06
.

I'm thinking about this for some time. How does Annihilation fit into
Civil War storyline? What's Hulk's role in this story and what was
the real purpose of sending him away? I can't imagine him as
a registered one and there's no one strong enough to stop/contain him.
Hulk and the damage he did to Vegas was mentioned several times
in Civil War books. In Civil War Front lines #5 we <SPOILER> learn that
there is a huge prison complex located in negative zone and Annihilus
is complaining about Marvel Universe expanding into NZone.
Will AWave come to Earth? :)

--
tomek nowak
http://rezist.com

CleV

Aug 11, 2006, 8:38:46 PM8/11/06
On Sat, 12 Aug 2006 01:58:48 +0200, "rezist.com" <ss...@paukie.com>
wrote:

Speculation can't by definition be a spoiler ...

>I'm thinking about this for some time. How does Annihilation fit into
>Civil War storyline? What's Hulk's role in this story and what was
>the real purpose of sending him away? I can't imagine him as
>a registered one and there's no one strong enough to stop/contain him.
>Hulk and the damage he did to Vegas was mentioned several times
>in Civil War books. In Civil War Front lines #5 we <SPOILER> learn that
>there is a huge prison complex located in negative zone and Annihilus
>is complaining about Marvel Universe expanding into NZone.
>Will AWave come to Earth? :)

I already specullted on that myself. Marvel can't have missed DC's
success with multi-threaded rolling crossovers. I suspect the
Annihilation wave will come to Earth and it'll come at a crucial
moment in Civil War AND tie in with Planet Hulk and the Illuminati.

Sean Walsh

Aug 11, 2006, 10:01:01 PM8/11/06

As much as I'd like to say "No, it won't," you've all now given me the
idea that it quite possibly would happen. :-/

--
Sean

Dan McEwen

Aug 11, 2006, 10:14:36 PM8/11/06
CleV <clJU...@balcab.ch> wrote in

I figured the Annhilation Wave would DECIMATE the SRA. The only problem
with that idea is that the effects of Civil War are supposed to last at
least until 2008. That suggests the SRA remains in effect for the time
being. Of course, the Annihilation Wave could also prove that the SRA
makes sense and that Earth couldn't have survived without a united front
of superhumans directed by a central agency.

--
"The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain
occasions, that I wish it to be always kept alive." --Thomas Jefferson

"How far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying
to defend from without?" --Dwight D. Eisenhower

mega...@aol.com

Aug 11, 2006, 10:58:50 PM8/11/06
I was wondering about this myself...

Wouldn't Reed Richards discover that Annihilus is out of the Negative
Zone, especially if he built a prison there? I mean Annihilus and
Blastaar are the biggest things there.

And let alone Reed or Doom would know about all of the outer space
warfare and carnage. They monitor anything else...

And speaking of watching...where is the Watcher during the Annihilation
Wave? The Black Panther wedding was more important???

rc02...@reinhardt.edu

Aug 12, 2006, 8:39:01 PM8/12/06

Nor can they have missed the fact that DC used a popular crossover from
twenty years ago to sell the current crossover. Which means that Civil
War, Annihilation and Beyond are all connected.

My guess is the Beyonder quit being cubicle for some reason, messed
with politicians minds to creat the Regisration Act, started the whole
Annihilation crisis to thwart the known universe and kidnapped nine
supers at random to take them to Battleworld. What his reason for all
this is still escapes me, but you never know with him (or is it her
now?) anyway.

> moment in Civil War AND tie in with Planet Hulk and the Illuminati.

Planet Hulk ties into Civil War. It will become a very controversial
issue when it gets out that Reed and them caused that. It most likely
will be another reason to justify the Act along with House of M now
that SHIELD knows about that. When the real story of those two
instances and the thing where it turned out Xavier kept a very
important and controversial secret from the X-Men and everyone else for
so many years (by the way, what was that anyway?) and what happened
during Secret War is all made public, all turmoil wil break loose. In
the end, all the supers will beat Annihilis, the Beyonder will be
exposed and dealt with somehow, Superhero Registration will suffer the
same fate as Prohibition and everything will be all hunky-dorey again.

rc02...@reinhardt.edu

Aug 12, 2006, 8:39:20 PM8/12/06

Nor can they have missed the fact that DC used a popular crossover from

twenty years ago to sell the current crossover. Which means that Civil
War, Annihilation and Beyond are all connected.

My guess is the Beyonder quit being cubicle for some reason, messed
with politicians minds to creat the Regisration Act, started the whole
Annihilation crisis to thwart the known universe and kidnapped nine
supers at random to take them to Battleworld. What his reason for all
this is still escapes me, but you never know with him (or is it her
now?) anyway.

> moment in Civil War AND tie in with Planet Hulk and the Illuminati.

Planet Hulk ties into Civil War. It will become a very controversial

rc02...@reinhardt.edu

Aug 12, 2006, 8:39:46 PM8/12/06

Nor can they have missed the fact that DC used a popular crossover from

twenty years ago to sell the current crossover. Which means that Civil
War, Annihilation and Beyond are all connected.

My guess is the Beyonder quit being cubicle for some reason, messed
with politicians minds to creat the Regisration Act, started the whole
Annihilation crisis to thwart the known universe and kidnapped nine
supers at random to take them to Battleworld. What his reason for all
this is still escapes me, but you never know with him (or is it her
now?) anyway.

> moment in Civil War AND tie in with Planet Hulk and the Illuminati.

Planet Hulk ties into Civil War. It will become a very controversial

Nathan P. Mahney

Aug 12, 2006, 8:46:04 PM8/12/06

<mega...@aol.com> wrote in message

He's assigned to watch Earth, right? So if the Annihilation Wave never
reaches Earth the wedding was more important to his actual job.

- Nathan P. Mahney -

CleV

Aug 13, 2006, 8:13:01 AM8/13/06
On 12 Aug 2006 17:39:01 -0700, rc02...@reinhardt.edu wrote:

>CleV wrote:

>Nor can they have missed the fact that DC used a popular crossover from
>twenty years ago to sell the current crossover. Which means that Civil
>War, Annihilation and Beyond are all connected.

I haven't been reading any of it, but got the impression Beyond was
off-continuity. How does it fit with current Spider-Man continuity?

Nathan P. Mahney

Aug 13, 2006, 9:49:37 AM8/13/06

"CleV" <clJU...@balcab.ch> wrote in message

Beyond almost has to be in continuity just through sheer use of B- and
C-list characters, really. What's the point of using Not-Quite Kraven and
Mac Gargan Venom in an off-continuity book? Aside from that, nothing's been
said one way or the other regarding canonicity as far as I know.

rc02...@reinhardt.edu

Aug 13, 2006, 12:07:48 PM8/13/06

Of course it's cannon. Why wouldn't it be? Why would they do a series
related to one of the most well-known crossovers in comics if it didn't
even count?

CleV

Aug 13, 2006, 6:54:26 PM8/13/06

>Nathan P. Mahney wrote:

As I said I haven't been reading any of it, but isn't Spidey in it and
in his old costume? When does it fit with any Civil War events?

Gothic-Punk

Aug 13, 2006, 7:57:47 PM8/13/06

CleV wrote:

> As I said I haven't been reading any of it, but isn't Spidey in it and
> in his old costume? When does it fit with any Civil War events?

Are you sure there is Peter Parker beneath that Spidey costume-and-mask?

rc02...@reinhardt.edu

Aug 13, 2006, 9:08:32 PM8/13/06

The mask comes off in issue 2. There's no question.

rc02...@reinhardt.edu

Aug 13, 2006, 9:09:03 PM8/13/06

The mask comes off in issue 2. There's no question.

Nathan P. Mahney

Aug 14, 2006, 2:57:44 AM8/14/06

"CleV" <clJU...@balcab.ch> wrote in message

My guess is that it's before Civil War, but it's hard to say given a general
lack of connection to ongoing Earth events.

~consul

Aug 30, 2006, 9:01:42 PM8/30/06

And not Ben Riley?
--
"... respect, all good works are not done by only good folk. For within these Trials, we
shall do what needs to be done."