Batman: The live action series--A male Nikita

Ken from Chicago

Feb 18, 2011, 5:15:50 AM2/18/11
From: "Ubiquitous" <web...@polaris.net>
Sent: Monday, February 07, 2011 5:50 PM
Newsgroups: rec.arts.sf.tv,rec.arts.tv,alt.tv.batman
Subject: Why a Batman live-action TV series is a good idea

> ComicBookMovie.com created a bit of a stir with last week's completely
> unconfirmed and probably false rumor about a possible Batman television
> series after the completion of Christopher Nolan's film trilogy, which
> will conclude with the release of The Dark Knight Rises in July 2012.
>
> It's too early to say whether this report has any merit, but of course
> fanboys being fanboys, there has already been plenty of discussion about
> whether a move to the small screen would be a good idea for DC and
> Warner Bros. with such a lucrative film property, or indeed if such a
> move would even be practical for the Caped Crusader. True or untrue,

<snip>

The CW's NIKITA has shown a live action series about Batman is possible.

Lead adult vigilante? Check.
Lead young adult sidekick? Check.
Super secret "cave" hq? Check.
Lots of cool gadgets? Check.
Lots of action, recon, and detective work? Check.
Interesting stories well-told? Check.

And the fact that The CW is pulling this off means a live action Batman
series is totally possible on PNB tv.

-- Ken from Chicago

P.S. And for the Batmobile: A silghtly altered Chevy Camero or Volt or
Cadilac XLR, it would fit in street traffic but would still look sleek--and
the electic Volt would be dead quiet:

http://autotenz.com/search/2010-chevy-camaro-chevrolet-reviews-and-ratings-the-car-connection

http://www.chevy-volt.net/chevrolet-volt-picture-0b.htm

http://cadillacxlr.net/pics/

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.arts.sf.tv/msg/46c4607bed6317e9?hl=en

Goro

Feb 18, 2011, 8:50:01 AM2/18/11
On Feb 18, 3:15 am, "Ken from Chicago" <kwicker1b_nos...@comcast.net>
> > ComicBookMovie.com created a bit of a stir with last week's completely
> > unconfirmed and probably false rumor about a possible Batman television
> > series after the completion of Christopher Nolan's film trilogy, which
> > will conclude with the release of The Dark Knight Rises in July 2012.
>
> > It's too early to say whether this report has any merit, but of course
> > fanboys being fanboys, there has already been plenty of discussion about
> > whether a move to the small screen would be a good idea for DC and
> > Warner Bros. with such a lucrative film property, or indeed if such a
> > move would even be practical for the Caped Crusader. True or untrue,
>
> <snip>
>
> The CW's NIKITA has shown a live action series about Batman is possible.
>
> Lead adult vigilante? Check.
> Lead young adult sidekick? Check.
> Super secret "cave" hq? Check.
> Lots of cool gadgets? Check.
> Lots of action, recon, and detective work? Check.
> Interesting stories well-told? Check.
>
> And the fact that The CW is pulling this off means a live action Batman
> series is totally possible on PNB tv.

*cough* The Cape *cough*

> P.S. And for the Batmobile: A silghtly altered Chevy Camero or Volt or
> Cadilac XLR, it would fit in street traffic but would still look sleek--and
> the electic Volt would be dead quiet:

I would think Bruce Wayne could do better than a Chevy Volt. If
electric, a Tesla Roadster.

But cooler woudl be a Bat-Veyron (modified to get >8mpg) or a Zonda.

-goro-

jimbairn

Feb 18, 2011, 10:51:57 AM2/18/11

I hear there's a Knight Rider car going spare.

JimB

David Johnston

Feb 18, 2011, 1:03:15 PM2/18/11
On Feb 18, 3:15 am, "Ken from Chicago" <kwicker1b_nos...@comcast.net>
> > ComicBookMovie.com created a bit of a stir with last week's completely
> > unconfirmed and probably false rumor about a possible Batman television
> > series after the completion of Christopher Nolan's film trilogy, which
> > will conclude with the release of The Dark Knight Rises in July 2012.
>
> > It's too early to say whether this report has any merit, but of course
> > fanboys being fanboys, there has already been plenty of discussion about
> > whether a move to the small screen would be a good idea for DC and
> > Warner Bros. with such a lucrative film property, or indeed if such a
> > move would even be practical for the Caped Crusader. True or untrue,
>
> <snip>
>
> The CW's NIKITA has shown a live action series about Batman is possible.
>
> Lead adult vigilante? Check.
> Lead young adult sidekick? Check.
> Super secret "cave" hq? Check.
> Lots of cool gadgets? Check.
> Lots of action, recon, and detective work? Check.
> Interesting stories well-told? Check.

Ratings that wouldn't pass muster anywhere else except cable? Check.

Merrick Baldelli

Feb 18, 2011, 10:12:00 PM2/18/11
On Fri, 18 Feb 2011 05:50:01 -0800 (PST), Goro <eviln...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Feb 18, 3:15 am, "Ken from Chicago" <kwicker1b_nos...@comcast.net>
>wrote:
>

>> P.S. And for the Batmobile: A silghtly altered Chevy Camero or Volt or
>> Cadilac XLR, it would fit in street traffic but would still look sleek--and
>> the electic Volt would be dead quiet:
>
>I would think Bruce Wayne could do better than a Chevy Volt. If
>electric, a Tesla Roadster.

A Chevy Volt? Really? What's next? The Caped Crusader on a
electric bicycle?

I mean I understand the need for being carbon-footprint
aware.. But this is going off the deep end.

>But cooler woudl be a Bat-Veyron (modified to get >8mpg) or a Zonda.

He runs from place to place...

--
-=-=-/ )=*=-='=-.-'-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
_( (_ , '_ * . Merrick Baldelli

grinningdemon

Feb 19, 2011, 2:56:49 AM2/19/11
On Fri, 18 Feb 2011 22:12:00 -0500, Merrick Baldelli
<mbal...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Fri, 18 Feb 2011 05:50:01 -0800 (PST), Goro <eviln...@gmail.com>
>wrote:
>
>>On Feb 18, 3:15 am, "Ken from Chicago" <kwicker1b_nos...@comcast.net>
>>wrote:
>>
>>> P.S. And for the Batmobile: A silghtly altered Chevy Camero or Volt or
>>> Cadilac XLR, it would fit in street traffic but would still look sleek--and
>>> the electic Volt would be dead quiet:
>>
>>I would think Bruce Wayne could do better than a Chevy Volt. If
>>electric, a Tesla Roadster.
>
> A Chevy Volt? Really? What's next? The Caped Crusader on a
>electric bicycle?

I'm thinking the bat-vespa.

Ken from Chicago

Feb 19, 2011, 5:30:11 AM2/19/11

"Goro" <eviln...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Yes, but NIKITA is a more serious drama where THE CAPE tries to blend more
of the '60s campy Batman.

>> P.S. And for the Batmobile: A silghtly altered Chevy Camero or Volt or
>> Cadilac XLR, it would fit in street traffic but would still look
>> sleek--and
>> the electic Volt would be dead quiet:
>
> I would think Bruce Wayne could do better than a Chevy Volt. If
> electric, a Tesla Roadster.

For the look. Wayne would of course seriously modify--or at least arrange
modifications for--a car under hood to be the Batmobile.

> But cooler woudl be a Bat-Veyron (modified to get >8mpg) or a Zonda.
>
> -goro-

You don't want to have to pull up to a gas station in the Batmobile. Likely
it would get 100 mpg or more--assuming it wasn't electric or atomic powered.

-- Ken from Chicago

Ken from Chicago

Feb 19, 2011, 5:33:43 AM2/19/11

"Merrick Baldelli" <mbal...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> On Fri, 18 Feb 2011 05:50:01 -0800 (PST), Goro <eviln...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>On Feb 18, 3:15 am, "Ken from Chicago" <kwicker1b_nos...@comcast.net>
>>wrote:
>>
>>> P.S. And for the Batmobile: A silghtly altered Chevy Camero or Volt or
>>> Cadilac XLR, it would fit in street traffic but would still look
>>> sleek--and
>>> the electic Volt would be dead quiet:
>>
>>I would think Bruce Wayne could do better than a Chevy Volt. If
>>electric, a Tesla Roadster.
>
> A Chevy Volt? Really? What's next? The Caped Crusader on a
> electric bicycle?

<snip>

It's only for the look, a relatively small compact muscle car--as opposed to
the giant phallic symbols many of the movie Batmobiles or Batmobiles with
giant fins in the comics have been. A relatively compact muscle car would
make travel in the city with travel much easier than travel to drive some
stretch limo or a car with giant fins and thus giant blind spots around.

-- Ken from Chicago

Merrick Baldelli

Feb 19, 2011, 11:41:49 AM2/19/11
On Sat, 19 Feb 2011 04:33:43 -0600, "Ken from Chicago"
<kwicker1...@comcast.net> wrote:

>It's only for the look, a relatively small compact muscle car--as opposed to
>the giant phallic symbols many of the movie Batmobiles or Batmobiles with
>giant fins in the comics have been. A relatively compact muscle car would
>make travel in the city with travel much easier than travel to drive some
>stretch limo or a car with giant fins and thus giant blind spots around.

But isn't that the point of super heroes with gadgets? To
have cars that are an extension of their penis in their pants? While
I will admit that this particularly batmobile was over-the-top with
the fins:

http://pricy-spicy.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/1995-batman-forever-batmobile_54.jpg

This particularly ATV-like vehicle seemed to be along the
right idea for urban combat:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c9/Batmobile.jpg

But a Volt? Sporty, yes... Meant for urban crime fighting?
Definitely not. Even seriously modified, the thing isn't heavy enough
for such work.

Merrick Baldelli

Feb 19, 2011, 11:41:49 AM2/19/11
On Sat, 19 Feb 2011 01:56:49 -0600, grinningdemon
<grinni...@austin.rr.com> wrote:

>> A Chevy Volt? Really? What's next? The Caped Crusader on a
>>electric bicycle?
>
>I'm thinking the bat-vespa.

*laughing* That would certainly be the campiest chase scene I
can ever imagine. We could always really degenerate and use those
electric carts that Wal*Mart has for the fatties to ride about the
aisles in next.

Merrick Baldelli

Feb 19, 2011, 11:41:49 AM2/19/11
On Sat, 19 Feb 2011 04:30:11 -0600, "Ken from Chicago"
<kwicker1...@comcast.net> wrote:

>> *cough* The Cape *cough*
>
>Yes, but NIKITA is a more serious drama where THE CAPE tries to blend more
>of the '60s campy Batman.

I don't know what show you're watching Ken, "The Cape" is
*NOT* campy. There are moments where it can be comical with the
Carnival of Crime, but the Cape himself is an angsty mess without the
oppressive darkness of the Dark Knight Series. Even then -- the
Carnival of Crime's humor is pretty weak even on the camp side.

>For the look. Wayne would of course seriously modify--or at least arrange
>modifications for--a car under hood to be the Batmobile.

It's a Jaghearst! http://imcdb.org/i006262.jpg

God, that movie was camp... I'm so glad you reminded me of it
when you mentioned a "modified" Volt.

Goro

Feb 19, 2011, 6:35:31 PM2/19/11
On Feb 19, 3:30 am, "Ken from Chicago" <kwicker1b_nos...@comcast.net>
wrote:
> "Goro" <evilnin...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Nikita is seriously terrible. The Cape? Bad, but I would MUCH rather
watch The Cape than Nikita. Ugh. And I will go with my implicit
statement that if a Batman made now on network tv, it would suffer The
Cape's fate (also if Nikita were on one of the major Networks, it
would be similarly cancelled).

> You don't want to have to pull up to a gas station in the Batmobile. Likely
> it would get 100 mpg or more--assuming it wasn't electric or atomic powered.

Having more strong, "gritty" reality in a comic book tv show vs "cool"
factor (b/c how many cars are cooler than a Veyron or a Zonda?) is
really the way to go...

-goro-

Anim8rFSK

Feb 19, 2011, 11:34:31 PM2/19/11
In article <c1svl610kgsvmfsjt...@4ax.com>,
Merrick Baldelli <mbal...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Sat, 19 Feb 2011 01:56:49 -0600, grinningdemon
> <grinni...@austin.rr.com> wrote:
>
> >> A Chevy Volt? Really? What's next? The Caped Crusader on a
> >>electric bicycle?
> >
> >I'm thinking the bat-vespa.
>
> *laughing* That would certainly be the campiest chase scene I
> can ever imagine. We could always really degenerate and use those
> electric carts that Wal*Mart has for the fatties to ride about the
> aisles in next.

There's actually a chase like that in that dreadful SUPERBOY series.

Superboy and bad guy in high rise.
Bad guy runs out of door.
Superboy, instead of, you know, going after him, daudles for whatever
reason (likely saving Lana) and then jumps out the window.
In the meantime, bad guy has run downstairs, jumped on his moped, and
is, well, not racing, but puttering towards the evil lab with the button
of doom.
Superboy hurtles through the sky!
Bad guy putters along the ground.
Superboy hurtles through the sky!
Bad guy putters along the ground.
Superboy hurtles through the sky!
Bad guy putters along the ground.
Superboy hurtles through the sky!
Bad guy putters along the ground.
Bad guy actually gets to the evil lab with the button of doom FIRST.
Gets off moped, runs inside, threatens to push the button.
Superboy, hurtling through the sky, finally arrives in the nick of time!

What the Hell? Did Superboy go the wrong way around the Earth or what?

--
"Please, I can't die, I've never kissed an Asian woman!"
Shego on "Shat My Dad Says"

Merrick Baldelli

Feb 21, 2011, 11:39:00 AM2/21/11
On Sat, 19 Feb 2011 21:34:31 -0700, Anim8rFSK <ANIM...@cox.net>
wrote:

The bad guy... Jumped on a moped? Really? A vespa-like
moped? REALLY?!

Fuck me sideways, what were the writers thinking when they
made this?

Anim8rFSK

Feb 21, 2011, 2:00:51 PM2/21/11
In article <ua45m6tg0oe1irnt5...@4ax.com>,
Merrick Baldelli <mbal...@yahoo.com> wrote:

It might not have literally been a Moped, but it was some sort of kiddie
motorcycle like a college student might have for around campus. He was
definitely going putt-putt-putt and not vrooom while outracing Superboy.
Either that or he was just driving really really slowly ...

Not sure I can blame the writers on this one though; they might have
written 'motorcycle' and production just looked around and commandeered
what the could.

Harold Groot

Feb 21, 2011, 2:14:29 PM2/21/11
On Mon, 21 Feb 2011 11:39:00 -0500, Merrick Baldelli
<mbal...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> The bad guy... Jumped on a moped? Really? A vespa-like
>moped? REALLY?!
> Fuck me sideways, what were the writers thinking when they
>made this?

Probably thinking about the same thing the writers on ANGEL were
thinking about in a very late last-season episode (5-20, The Girl In
Question) that had Angel and Spike on a Vespa (or similar) chasing a
bad guy around Rome: "Let's Be Total Idiots!"

Ken from Chicago

Feb 21, 2011, 4:31:49 PM2/21/11

"Anim8rFSK" <ANIM...@cox.net> wrote in message

<snip>

> It might not have literally been a Moped, but it was some sort of kiddie
> motorcycle like a college student might have for around campus. He was
> definitely going putt-putt-putt and not vrooom while outracing Superboy.
> Either that or he was just driving really really slowly ...
>
> Not sure I can blame the writers on this one though; they might have
> written 'motorcycle' and production just looked around and commandeered
> what the could.
>
> --
> "Please, I can't die, I've never kissed an Asian woman!"
> Shego on "Shat My Dad Says"

Superboy is faster than a speeding bullet but not a speeding motorcycle?
That's as bad as one of the V shuttles getting outraced by a horse in the
now ironically titled V: THE FINAL BATTLE mini-series.

-- Ken from Chicago

Merrick Baldelli

Feb 22, 2011, 8:03:33 AM2/22/11
On Mon, 21 Feb 2011 15:31:49 -0600, "Ken from Chicago"
<kwicker1...@comcast.net> wrote:

>Superboy is faster than a speeding bullet but not a speeding motorcycle?

And a 10cc engined motorcycle to boot.

>That's as bad as one of the V shuttles getting outraced by a horse in the
>now ironically titled V: THE FINAL BATTLE mini-series.

God, you had to reminds me of that. I was just beginning to
enjoy my morning breakfast.

Anim8rFSK

Feb 22, 2011, 10:39:37 AM2/22/11
In article <rec7m6lt43c3kvl0i...@4ax.com>,
Merrick Baldelli <mbal...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 21 Feb 2011 15:31:49 -0600, "Ken from Chicago"
> <kwicker1...@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> >Superboy is faster than a speeding bullet but not a speeding motorcycle?
>
> And a 10cc engined motorcycle to boot.
>
> >That's as bad as one of the V shuttles getting outraced by a horse in the
> >now ironically titled V: THE FINAL BATTLE mini-series.
>
> God, you had to reminds me of that. I was just beginning to
> enjoy my morning breakfast.

Okay, so in a 4 way race between a moped, a horse, a V shuttle, and
Superboy, who wins?

Merrick Baldelli

Feb 22, 2011, 2:58:22 PM2/22/11
On Tue, 22 Feb 2011 08:39:37 -0700, Anim8rFSK <ANIM...@cox.net>
wrote:

>> God, you had to reminds me of that. I was just beginning to
>> enjoy my morning breakfast.
>
>Okay, so in a 4 way race between a moped, a horse, a V shuttle, and
>Superboy, who wins?

uh... uh... uh... I know this...

Oh! Oh! Oh! The Galileo 7?

What do I win?

Dimensional Traveler

Feb 22, 2011, 3:12:21 PM2/22/11
On 2/22/2011 7:39 AM, Anim8rFSK wrote:
> In article<rec7m6lt43c3kvl0i...@4ax.com>,
> Merrick Baldelli<mbal...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 21 Feb 2011 15:31:49 -0600, "Ken from Chicago"
>> <kwicker1...@comcast.net> wrote:
>>
>>> Superboy is faster than a speeding bullet but not a speeding motorcycle?
>>
>> And a 10cc engined motorcycle to boot.
>>
>>> That's as bad as one of the V shuttles getting outraced by a horse in the
>>> now ironically titled V: THE FINAL BATTLE mini-series.
>>
>> God, you had to reminds me of that. I was just beginning to
>> enjoy my morning breakfast.
>
> Okay, so in a 4 way race between a moped, a horse, a V shuttle, and
> Superboy, who wins?

The six year old kid who waved the starting flag and is at the finish
line to wave the checkered flag.

--
"There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go and poke it with a
stick."

Ken from Chicago

Feb 23, 2011, 3:18:41 AM2/23/11

"Anim8rFSK" <ANIM...@cox.net> wrote in message

Don't be silly. Obviously it would be the horse--who'd also win in a fight.

-- Ken from Chicago

Merrick Baldelli

Feb 23, 2011, 11:20:12 AM2/23/11
On Wed, 23 Feb 2011 02:18:41 -0600, "Ken from Chicago"
<kwicker1...@comcast.net> wrote:

>>> And a 10cc engined motorcycle to boot.

>>> God, you had to reminds me of that. I was just beginning to
>>> enjoy my morning breakfast.
>>
>> Okay, so in a 4 way race between a moped, a horse, a V shuttle, and
>> Superboy, who wins?
>>

>Don't be silly. Obviously it would be the horse--who'd also win in a fight.

The Horse is Chuck Norris' love child?

Anim8rFSK

Feb 23, 2011, 2:48:43 PM2/23/11
In article <jbbam6hqohfk1k7s1...@4ax.com>,
Merrick Baldelli <mbal...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> >> Okay, so in a 4 way race between a moped, a horse, a V shuttle, and
> >> Superboy, who wins?
> >>

> >Don't be silly. Obviously it would be the horse--who'd also win in a fight.
>
> The Horse is Chuck Norris' love child?

It doesn't eat the oats, the oats jump into it's stomach.

Ken Wesson

Feb 23, 2011, 3:30:23 PM2/23/11
On Tue, 22 Feb 2011 08:39:37 -0700, Anim8rFSK wrote:

> In article <rec7m6lt43c3kvl0i...@4ax.com>,
> Merrick Baldelli <mbal...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 21 Feb 2011 15:31:49 -0600, "Ken from Chicago"
>> <kwicker1...@comcast.net> wrote:
>>
>> >Superboy is faster than a speeding bullet but not a speeding
>> >motorcycle?
>>
>> And a 10cc engined motorcycle to boot.
>>
>> >That's as bad as one of the V shuttles getting outraced by a horse in
>> >the now ironically titled V: THE FINAL BATTLE mini-series.
>>
>> God, you had to reminds me of that. I was just beginning to
>> enjoy my morning breakfast.
>
> Okay, so in a 4 way race between a moped, a horse, a V shuttle, and
> Superboy, who wins?

Psychiatrists. Everybody else loses. Their minds.

Ken from Chicago

Feb 24, 2011, 3:25:43 AM2/24/11

>>> Okay, so in a 4 way race between a moped, a horse, a V shuttle, and
>>> Superboy, who wins?
>>>

>>Don't be silly. Obviously it would be the horse--who'd also win in a
>>fight.
>
> The Horse is Chuck Norris' love child?

Chuck Horsis?

-- Ken from Chicago