Direkt zur ersten ungelesenen Nachricht

Eduardo Sarabia

ungelesen,
06.04.1998, 03:00:0006.04.98
an

Wolverine vs. Batman?

I'd say Wolverine wins.

Cannon

ungelesen,
07.04.1998, 03:00:0007.04.98
an

Eduardo Sarabia didst say unto the masses...

> Wolverine vs. Batman?
>
> I'd say Wolverine wins.

Oh, goody! Wolverine vs. threads in two newsgroups! Oh, the rapture!

Wolverine might indeed beat Batman in a preliminary encounter, or at least
force Batman to beat a hasty retreat, but if Batman had prior warning or
returned for a rematch, Wolverine would lose.

Some Bat Nerve Gas, for example, would slow Wolverine down long enough for
Batman to hog-tie him with Bat-Cord in such a position where Wolverine
wouldn't be able to cut himself free.

Now you!

Jim Cannon
x8...@music.stlawu.edu

Francisco M. Monroig

ungelesen,
07.04.1998, 03:00:0007.04.98
an

Sorry dude. Wolverine will not get near to Batman. Wolverine can be very
powerful but Batman is just perfection alive.

Eduardo Sarabia wrote in message <891930629.360613@michelob>...

OmarIsGod

ungelesen,
08.04.1998, 03:00:0008.04.98
an

{Wolverine vs. Batman?

I'd say Wolverine wins.}

You have to remember Newton's Fourth Law: X vs Batman results in the loss of X.
Duh.

Shadow7D2

ungelesen,
08.04.1998, 03:00:0008.04.98
an

Wolverine might indeed beat Batman in a preliminary encounter, or at least
force Batman to beat a hasty retreat, but if Batman had prior warning or
returned for a rematch, Wolverine would lose.

In this preliminary encounter there would be no Batman left to return for a
rematch. And what if Wolverine got the infamous "prior warning" that seems to
be Batman's only super power?

Peter Meilinger

ungelesen,
08.04.1998, 03:00:0008.04.98
an

Shadow7D2 (shad...@aol.com) wrote:
: Wolverine might indeed beat Batman in a preliminary encounter, or at least

: force Batman to beat a hasty retreat, but if Batman had prior warning or
: returned for a rematch, Wolverine would lose.

: In this preliminary encounter there would be no Batman left to return for a
: rematch.

Y'know, personally I could give a shit about these threads. I generally
read the first dozen or so posts to see how people respond, but then
I just lose interest.

I do have one question, though - how come all the Wolverine fans keep
saying that Wolvie would kill another superhero? I haven't read his
stuff in a while, except the great Warren Ellis story from a few months
back, but is Wolvie really that bloodthirsty these days? I mean over
in the Marvel group we've got people gleefully screaming that Wolverine
would gut Captain America (Cap, fer Chrissakes!) without a second thought.
If he doesn't really fight this way in the comics I don't see how you
can speculate that he'd fight this way in a "Who'd Win" thread. And if
he does really fight this way in the comics then I'm glad I don't read
them anymore.

Pete

Patrick

ungelesen,
08.04.1998, 03:00:0008.04.98
an

Peter Meilinger wrote:

> I do have one question, though - how come all the Wolverine fans keep
> saying that Wolvie would kill another superhero? I haven't read his
> stuff in a while, except the great Warren Ellis story from a few months
> back, but is Wolvie really that bloodthirsty these days? I mean over
> in the Marvel group we've got people gleefully screaming that Wolverine
> would gut Captain America (Cap, fer Chrissakes!) without a second thought.
> If he doesn't really fight this way in the comics I don't see how you
> can speculate that he'd fight this way in a "Who'd Win" thread. And if
> he does really fight this way in the comics then I'm glad I don't read
> them anymore.
>
> Pete

I am not the expert, but nowadays they'll have Wolverine occasionally
try to kill someone but not quite get the job done. Wolverine fan-boys
are the second most annoying guys around, Superman fan-boys just barely
being slightly more annoying.

--
Patrick

Neil Murrell

ungelesen,
08.04.1998, 03:00:0008.04.98
an

Peter Meilinger wrote:
>HAS EVERYONE FORGOTTEN THE FACT THAT BATMAN IS THE DC WORLD'S GREATEST MARTIAL ARTIST AND WOLVERINE WOULD NOT STAND A CHANCE IN HAND-TO-HAND COMBAT

FOR A FIGHT THAT WOULD LAST MORE THAN THREE PAGES HOW ABOUT BATMAN VS
DAREDEVIL

> Shadow7D2 (shad...@aol.com) wrote:
> : Wolverine might indeed beat Batman in a preliminary encounter, or at least
> : force Batman to beat a hasty retreat, but if Batman had prior warning or
> : returned for a rematch, Wolverine would lose.
>
> : In this preliminary encounter there would be no Batman left to return for a
> : rematch.
>
> Y'know, personally I could give a shit about these threads. I generally
> read the first dozen or so posts to see how people respond, but then
> I just lose interest.

Shadow7D2

ungelesen,
08.04.1998, 03:00:0008.04.98
an

DD could take Batman. Batman vs Nightwing would be better. Both know each
others moves and Batman's strength edge is equalized with Nightwings quickness
edge.

Patrick

ungelesen,
08.04.1998, 03:00:0008.04.98
an

Neil Murrell wrote:

> Peter Meilinger wrote:
> >HAS EVERYONE FORGOTTEN THE FACT THAT BATMAN IS THE DC WORLD'S GREATEST MARTIAL ARTIST AND WOLVERINE WOULD NOT STAND A CHANCE IN HAND-TO-HAND COMBAT
>
> FOR A FIGHT THAT WOULD LAST MORE THAN THREE PAGES HOW ABOUT BATMAN VS
> DAREDEVIL

Oh, shut up. Don't get me wrong, I think Batman would win. He's got
that "Can't lose" factor that is going to come into play.. but, the
all-caps bs needs to end. Batman would ruin Daredevil, too. Wouldn't
even need to tap into the "Can't lose" ability on that one.

--
Patrick

OmarlsGod

ungelesen,
09.04.1998, 03:00:0009.04.98
an

{>HAS EVERYONE FORGOTTEN THE FACT THAT BATMAN IS THE DC WORLD'S GREATEST

MARTIAL ARTIST AND WOLVERINE WOULD NOT STAND A CHANCE IN HAND-TO-HAND COMBAT

FOR A FIGHT THAT WOULD LAST MORE THAN THREE PAGES HOW ABOUT BATMAN VS
DAREDEVIL }

Stop typing capital letters you pathetic dickless fuck

Specter722

ungelesen,
09.04.1998, 03:00:0009.04.98
an

>Stop typing capital letters you pathetic dickless fuck

bwahaha, dont mind me, youre right on the cap things anyway, even the writer of
daredevil at the time of the daredevil/bats crossover(which really sucked)
admitted that batman would have a slight edge over him
-later
specter

Mark Rathwell

ungelesen,
10.04.1998, 03:00:0010.04.98
an

: DD could take Batman. Batman vs Nightwing would be better. Both know each

: others moves and Batman's strength edge is equalized with Nightwings quickness
: edge.

In Marvel vs. DC, Batman defeated Captain America. It was more of
a "chance" victory than anything else (Cap was distracted by water and
got clunked by a batarang) but Batman and Captain America went at it for
hours, with neither one emerging a victor. Now, Daredevil has said in
other comics that his fighting skills don't come close to Captain
America's. Captain America is, by definition, the world's greatest
hand-to-hand combattant (in Marvel, anyway). While DD would certainly put
up a good fight and even cause Batman a lot of pain, he wouldn't win in
the end.

>> Mark <<

Mark Rathwell

E_Mail: mrat...@uoguelph.ca
Web Page: http://www.uoguelph.ca/~mrathwel
Home of the Incredible Hulk television series page!

"What the large print giveth, the small print taketh away"

Patrick

ungelesen,
10.04.1998, 03:00:0010.04.98
an

Mark Rathwell wrote:

> : DD could take Batman. Batman vs Nightwing would be better. Both know each
> : others moves and Batman's strength edge is equalized with Nightwings quickness
> : edge.
>
> In Marvel vs. DC, Batman defeated Captain America. It was more of
> a "chance" victory than anything else (Cap was distracted by water and
> got clunked by a batarang) but Batman and Captain America went at it for
> hours, with neither one emerging a victor. Now, Daredevil has said in
> other comics that his fighting skills don't come close to Captain
> America's. Captain America is, by definition, the world's greatest
> hand-to-hand combattant (in Marvel, anyway). While DD would certainly put
> up a good fight and even cause Batman a lot of pain, he wouldn't win in
> the end.

I don't think it would even be that close. Daredevil is cool and all,
but he isn't as strong as Batman, probably isn't quite as good a
fighter, and doesn't have many toys. Most importantly, Batman is a
comic book ICON like Spider-Man, Superman, etc - and Daredevil isn't.
ICONs will always win over non-icons.

I don't think too much weight should be given to the Captain
America/Batman fight, given the outcome was voted on.

IMO, Batman's shctick is that he is the World's Greatest Detective. In
that arena, he is unbeatable. He's also a f'n great fighter, but this
comes secondary. Captain America's schtick on the other hand is that he
is as good as any normal could ever hope to be, and is the best fighter
accordingly. I didn't like to see him lose in "his schtick" to Batman.
I think, were it to come down to it, w/out Batman unleashing some grand
scheme (ie. they meet in the sewers and fight b/c two cosmic beings say
so) that Batman would just barely be edged out in the long run. Both
are incredible fighters capable of avoiding all manner of attacks.. by
dodging, blocking w/ indestructable shields, whatnot. In the end,
Batman would tire out - but only after a long time. I think Batman has
shown he has incredible endurance - but it can be reached (ask Bane).
Cap does too, but thanks to training, super soldier serum, etc, it's
just that little bit more.

--
Patrick

Felix Rosado

ungelesen,
10.04.1998, 03:00:0010.04.98
an Mark Rathwell

On 10 Apr 1998, Mark Rathwell wrote:

> : DD could take Batman. Batman vs Nightwing would be better. Both know each
> : others moves and Batman's strength edge is equalized with Nightwings quickness
> : edge.
>
> In Marvel vs. DC, Batman defeated Captain America. It was more of
> a "chance" victory than anything else (Cap was distracted by water and
> got clunked by a batarang) but Batman and Captain America went at it for
> hours, with neither one emerging a victor. Now, Daredevil has said in
> other comics that his fighting skills don't come close to Captain
> America's. Captain America is, by definition, the world's greatest
> hand-to-hand combattant (in Marvel, anyway). While DD would certainly put
> up a good fight and even cause Batman a lot of pain, he wouldn't win in
> the end.

Adding to this thread, remember the first Access when Bullseye
appears in the Batcave in front of Robin? The last thing he remembers
thinking is something along the lines that not even Daredevil can move
as fas... before he's cold-cocked in five seconds.

Bruce is the man. He needs no super-soldier formula to pump
him up. There is NO way Matt Murdock could take Bruce Wayne in the
long run. While Daredevil might surprise Batman with a few moves,
if you had both characters, sans utility belts, billy clubs, capes,
body armor and the like; if both guys are in shorts and it came down to
a battle until one guy was down, Murdock would fold in the end. He's
only human, often tormented with self-doubt and sometimes hobbled with
emotional pain. He's a regular guy who by training and inclination
has worked hard to be a hero. Batman is not a regular guy. He could be
nothing but what he is. In terms of experience, quality of opposition,
and force of will, there are few if any heroes that can hang with
Batman.

Batman vs. Wolverine:

Please. Get real. Wolverine doesn't breathe? But I guess
anyone who could beat Lobo has got to be invincible. What about
Wolverine vs. Galactus? Wolverine vs. the Spectre? Wolverine vs.
Thor? Wolverine vs. Superman?

Batman vs. Nightwing:

How many of you could hit your father without feeling just
a little bad about it? Too much psychological baggage between the
two for Nightwing to be at all effective. Even if they wanted to
fight each other, Nightwing could lose quickly. Jackie Chan is
a great acrobat and tremendously physically talented, but how many
gymnasts are world-class fighters? Agility is only one element of
fighting ability and relative to his mentor, Nightwing is lacking in
some of the other attributes you need to be a great fighter. #1: Desire.

Bruce Wayne vs. Reed Richards:

On intellect alone, Bruce Wayne would probably understand a lot
of what Richards invents, (especially as written by Morrison) but he
couldn't invent any of it himself. While Batman is brilliant, Richards
is so many orders of magnitude more intelligent, that his ideas
seem like magic. The difference between intelligence and genius is
that intelligent people do the same kinds of things faster or better
than most of us; a genius will think of and find connections between
things that no one else would ever think of. If Wayne needed a Richards-
level invention, his genius would be in finding the person who had the
expertise and hiring him to create the solution he needed.

Batman vs. Doctor Doom:

See above. As good as Bruce is, he'd need some help.
Doom is too bright and too experienced to make any rookie
mistakes. His fatal flaw, however, would be his arrogance. Look for
Doom to make a Darkseid level mistake and underestimate the man from
Gotham. That would be Bruce's best bet--to out-think and out-plan
someone who is theoretically much smarter than he is.
By the way, has Doom ever actually WON anything? In over
thirty-five years, all I ever remember is him getting his butt kicked.

DOOM--Latverian for "Temporary victory followed by permanent
ass-shellacking".

Bruce Wayne vs. Tony Stark

Tony Stark is just so much brighter, especially in the fields of
electronics, robotics, and computer science, that there are few people
in the Marvel or DC universes that can match him. He's much more involved
in the running of his company, and appears to have almost an Edison-like
work ethic when it comes to creating and inventing new technology.

Wayne's strength, again, would be in piecing together disparate,
unrelated elements that would enable him to come out on top. Depending
on the confrontation, it could go either way. In a chess match,
corporate takeover, or battle of wits, it's Wayne all the way. If
the confrontation became physical, I can't see Wayne pulling anything
out of his bag of tricks that would surprise Tony Stark.

But it'd sure be fun to watch...

Batman vs. God

God in fifteen rounds. But he's know he's been in a fight.
"Oh no, you killed my parents! You BASTARD!!!"

Any others? I got a million of 'em...

jaso...@hotmail.com

ungelesen,
11.04.1998, 03:00:0011.04.98
an

> Adding to this thread, remember the first Access when Bullseye
> appears in the Batcave in front of Robin? The last thing he remembers
> thinking is something along the lines that not even Daredevil can move
> as fas... before he's cold-cocked in five seconds.

Well...hmm, far as I'm concerned, Access is about as reliable a source of info
as the What-if? series of comics. Sketchy at best. Just my op.

jaso...@hotmail.com

ungelesen,
11.04.1998, 03:00:0011.04.98
an

Ed Tang

ungelesen,
11.04.1998, 03:00:0011.04.98
an

Eduardo Sarabia (esar...@sprint.ca) wrote:
: Wolverine vs. Batman?

: I'd say Wolverine wins.

No contest. Batman'll be eating the pavement.

--
Ed Tang

quimico

ungelesen,
11.04.1998, 03:00:0011.04.98
an

> Bruce is the man. He needs no super-soldier formula to pump
>him up. There is NO way Matt Murdock could take Bruce Wayne in the
>long run. While Daredevil might surprise Batman with a few moves,
>if you had both characters, sans utility belts, billy clubs, capes,
>body armor and the like; if both guys are in shorts and it came down to
>a battle until one guy was down, Murdock would fold in the end. He's
>only human, often tormented with self-doubt and sometimes hobbled with
>emotional pain. He's a regular guy who by training and inclination
>has worked hard to be a hero. Batman is not a regular guy. He could be
>nothing but what he is. In terms of experience, quality of opposition,
>and force of will, there are few if any heroes that can hang with
>Batman.

Sorry, but there is at LEAST one way
Murdock could CERTAINLY defeat bats -
If they fought (as you said, without physical implements) and in
TOTAL DARKNESS...

itsm...@gmail.com

ungelesen,
13.02.2015, 14:35:3613.02.15
an
On Tuesday, April 7, 1998 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Francisco M. Monroig wrote:
> Sorry dude. Wolverine will not get near to Batman. Wolverine can be very
> powerful but Batman is just perfection alive.
>

> Eduardo Sarabia wrote in message <891930629.360613@michelob>...
> >Wolverine vs. Batman?
> >
> >I'd say Wolverine wins.

Batman's superior intellect and Use of his gadgets would be and advantage against wolverines claws and animal like instincts

Kevrob

ungelesen,
18.02.2015, 12:15:4518.02.15
an
On Friday, April 10, 1998 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Felix Rosado wrote:

> Bruce Wayne vs. Tony Stark
>
> Tony Stark is just so much brighter, especially in the fields of
> electronics, robotics, and computer science, that there are few people
> in the Marvel or DC universes that can match him. He's much more involved
> in the running of his company, and appears to have almost an Edison-like
> work ethic when it comes to creating and inventing new technology.
>
> Wayne's strength, again, would be in piecing together disparate,
> unrelated elements that would enable him to come out on top. Depending
> on the confrontation, it could go either way. In a chess match,
> corporate takeover, or battle of wits, it's Wayne all the way. If
> the confrontation became physical, I can't see Wayne pulling anything
> out of his bag of tricks that would surprise Tony Stark.
>
> But it'd sure be fun to watch...

Bruce invites Tony over to Wayne Manor and gives him a tour of the wine cellar.

Tony succumbs to the temptation to taste some rare vintages.

Game over. :)

I actually complained to David Michelinie during a panel discussion at
Chicago Comicon (not yet Wizard World), that I thought his making Stark
an alcoholic after 16 years of publication was a bit strained. One theory
making the rounds was that, in the early days of the strip, Stark refrained
from drinking due to his heart problems. After he had a transplant, and
no longer needed the chestplate to keep shrapnel, he no longer felt
constrained from drinking the way a "millionaire playboy" should, and
the alcoholism emerged. Plausible.

> Batman vs. God
>
> God in fifteen rounds. But he's know he's been in a fight.
> "Oh no, you killed my parents! You BASTARD!!!"

Bruce is an atheist, ghod disappears in a puff of logic.

Then again, Darkseid is a "new God" and Batman has beaten him....

Kevin R
0 neue Nachrichten