What Ever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow?

1 view

Great Rao

Nov 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/3/96

I'm very glad that DC is finally reprinting Alan Moore's classic
Superman tale, "Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow".

Anyone know if this is going to be printed under the
"Elseworlds" logo? :-)

Scott Hollifield

Nov 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/4/96

Great Rao <r...@tiac.net> wrote:

Of course not, it's in continuity. ;-)

Scott Hollifield ** sco...@cris.com ** http://www.cris.com/~scotth

mat...@onmacon.com

Nov 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/4/96

>I'm very glad that DC is finally reprinting Alan Moore's classic
>Superman tale, "Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow".

>Anyone know if this is going to be printed under the
>"Elseworlds" logo? :-)

dunno. I'm still ticked that I could never find the second part of it
thru Action Comics...it's only worth, like, $4, but i can't find it
anywhere without taking my chances thru some crappy mail-order
service...

rayr...@aol.com

Nov 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/4/96

I could never find Action 583 anywhere, either, so I'm pleased as punch
that DC's soliciting this two-parter in an easily-digestible format. Of
course, I paid 5 bucks for Superman 423 (I think that's the issue number),
the first half of the wonderful Alan Moore story, which featured Curt Swan
on pencils and George Perez on inks, though I later found it at several
quarter sales and bought them out of some sense of guilt I suffered at the
thought of getting suckered into paying 20 times that amount several
months prior to such sales. A pity I couldn't find Action 583 at such
sales.

"The Republican party has walked in the light of the Declaration of Independence. It has lifted the shaft of patriotism upon the foundation laid at Bunker Hill. It has made the more perfect union secure by making all men free."-Benjamin Harrison, speech, Notification Committee representing the Republican National Convention, upon receiving the Republican nomination for the presidency, Indianapolis, Indiana, July 4, 1888

Michael Rosenstark

Nov 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/5/96

'Whatever happened to the Man of Tomorrow' appears in the following two
issues:

Action Comics #583
Superman #423

It took me years, literally, to find my copies. I think I got them
through Mile High Comics in Boulder, CO. But I am very glad that it's
finally being reissued. It's a great story.

cheers,

mike

mat...@onmacon.com wrote:
: >I'm very glad that DC is finally reprinting Alan Moore's classic

Michael Rosenstark * rose...@planet.net * 201-PIG-LARD (201-744-5273)

Todd VerBeek, GWM

Nov 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/5/96

My pal Great Rao said:
>I'm very glad that DC is finally reprinting Alan Moore's classic
>Superman tale, "Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow".
>
>Anyone know if this is going to be printed under the
>"Elseworlds" logo? :-)

I don't think so, but the article about it in Previews leads off:
"Before there were Elseworlds... the ULTIMATE Imaginary Story"

Cheers, Todd
Bill Clinton: A Bridge To The Future
Bob Dole: A Bridge Too Far
Ross Perot: Abridged Dictionary