Re: Help me identify a movie

Han,Luyang

Oct 14, 2004, 4:21:17 AM10/14/04
I think that I have got a idea of what you mean. It may be a tranditional
chinese cartoon. I don't know its English name. Maybe you can see the pics
yourself.

http://www.cycnet.com/kidsmovie/feilin/jingdian/nezha.htm

http://www.lnlib.com/shengxiang/images/tp/juzhao/meishu/ne-znh_jz01.jpg

http://www.cnhan.com/img/2001-08/08/02220.jpg

And It seems that you have some missunderstanding or false memory of this
movie. It is the sea not the mountain is inhabited by dragons. The Chinese
dragons are always living in the see :-). And the prince (named Nezha) is
not mortified to kill the drangon, but he has to bo this to save his people.
He killed the prince of the drangon and take the dead dragon's spinal cord
as whip. And then the dragon king come to revenge. The prince don't want to
have the land and people suffered from the war, and he sacrificed himself to
end the war. As you can remember, he had this rebirth and avenge the dragon.

"R.A. Beschizza" <rbesc...@valornet.com>
??????:903ebe31.0410...@posting.google.com...
>I recall an animated movie from distant childhood. I suspect it was
> anime, but I'm really not sure. The images I remember seem in fading
> memory to be more Chinese than Japanese in style. In fact, I remember
> almost nothing except a few images and plot points:
>
> * It's about a youngster, a prince or perhaps a boyish princess, who
> inhabits a pagoda or castle in the mountains.
>
> * The mountains are inhabited by dragons. The prince wants to kill
> them.
>
> * The prince has a mentor, who is mortified at the prince killing
> dragons. The prince, however, has taken to using the dead dragons'
> spinal cords as whips. Yes, that's how I remember it.
>
> * At some point, the prince is killed. In death he acquires firey
> spiritual wheels. He returns to avenge something -- maybe his own
> death, or that of his mentor.
>
> And thats's about all I remember. Weird dream, or real movie?
>
> R.B.

R.A. Beschizza

Oct 14, 2004, 3:08:17 PM10/14/04
"Han,Luyang" <luyan...@student.uni-ulm.de> wrote in message news:<416e3701$1...@news.uni-ulm.de>...

> I think that I have got a idea of what you mean. It may be a tranditional
> chinese cartoon. I don't know its English name. Maybe you can see the pics
> yourself.
>
> http://www.cycnet.com/kidsmovie/feilin/jingdian/nezha.htm
>
> http://www.lnlib.com/shengxiang/images/tp/juzhao/meishu/ne-znh_jz01.jpg
>
> http://www.cnhan.com/img/2001-08/08/02220.jpg

Thank you! I'm sure that's it. Now I must find the English release :)

It's funny how memories play tricks on us.

Richard Llewellyn

Oct 14, 2004, 3:14:17 PM10/14/04
"Han,Luyang" <luyan...@student.uni-ulm.de> wrote in message news:<416e3701$1...@news.uni-ulm.de>...
> I think that I have got a idea of what you mean. It may be a tranditional
> chinese cartoon. I don't know its English name. Maybe you can see the pics
> yourself.
>
> http://www.cycnet.com/kidsmovie/feilin/jingdian/nezha.htm
>
> http://www.lnlib.com/shengxiang/images/tp/juzhao/meishu/ne-znh_jz01.jpg
>
> http://www.cnhan.com/img/2001-08/08/02220.jpg

Based on what you wrote, I think this should be "Nezha Nao Hai"
("Nezha Defeats the Dragon") a short film by Wang Shuchen, Yang
Dingxian, and A Da for Shanghai Animation in 1980. There has also been
a more recent tv series based on the Nezha legend.

Yours in animation,
Richard

Richard's Animated Divots at
www.public.iastate.edu/~rllew/andivots.html