Rebol View on OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard, INTEL)

kpeters

Aug 12, 2013, 5:59:57 PM8/12/13
to re...@googlegroups.com

Is there a version that works? The last one from Rebol.com has a number of display issues (fonts) and freezes my apps which run fine on just about anything prior to Snow Leopard....

TIA,
Kai

Tamas Herman

Aug 13, 2013, 5:06:09 AM8/13/13
to re...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 5:59 AM, kpeters <kai.p...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a version that works? The last one from Rebol.com has a number of

Rebol 2 is considered abandonware.
Rebol 3 graphics will take a few more months to become cross platform,
but Im not sure what's the plan and who is gonna do the porting. There
is no good alternative at the moment, imho. unfortunately... :(
In the meantime maybe run http://development.saphirion.com/downloads/
from a windows VM; that's what im planning to do too.

> display issues (fonts) and freezes my apps which run fine on just about
> anything prior to Snow Leopard....

that's more of a snow leo problem probably.
im using mountain lion and altme runs without errors or freezes.
the fonts are not an "issue", but simply a missing feature.

--
tom