Nilfisk

Ian Petrie

Jul 6, 2015, 6:49:54 AM7/6/15
to reading-...@googlegroups.com

The new Nilfisk has exploded.

It was running. I blocked the input and pressed the filter clean button as per instructions. There was a crack and a blue flash from the motor housing. The power tripped. When I restored power it was totally dead.

I swopped to the 30T from the collection I got on eBay and that did something very similar five minutes later.

I'm starting to suspect that this is a design fault - all the broken ones I got on eBay had very similar problems - arcing and motor noise. Assuming they are a typical selection from the Nilfisk returns that suggests that it is a very  common fault. The difficulty is deciding how common. It feels more common to me because we have a workshop full of returns - it may be that our new one going is a one in a thousand bit of unluckinness:)

I suggest we get a replacement for the new one - but if it goes again lets look at other options - possibly one of the Axminster dust extract units.
http://www.axminster.co.uk/power-tools/vacuums-extractors-blowers-fans

Ian

Dimitri Modderman

Jul 7, 2015, 7:07:36 AM7/7/15
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
Wow. That SUCKS ;-) (Sorry couldn't resist to make a sucking joke about an exploding Nilfisk).

Ian Petrie

Jul 8, 2015, 1:41:50 AM7/8/15
to reading-...@googlegroups.com

Wow! That doesn't suck is more accurate:)

Richard Ibbotson

Jul 10, 2015, 8:51:22 AM7/10/15
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
Should we just get a dust extractor anyway, since we need both an extractor and a good vacuum?
Which Axminster model would be best?