Can anyone show me 3d printing ropes this evening?

Marc Brevoort

Jul 29, 2015, 8:32:17 AM7/29/15
to Reading Hackspace
Hi,

I've drawn my first 3D shape and have an STL file I will be slicing with slic3r.
Is anyone around tonight who can show me how to print this shape without breaking Bertha the reprap?
(And probably also relevant: Is it operational at the moment?)

Best,
Marc

Emil Jonasson

Jul 29, 2015, 11:52:20 AM7/29/15
to Reading Hackspace, klei...@gmail.com
Hi Marc,

I'm told it is operational. I can help you as long as it hasn't changed too much from the previous printer which we had there.

Emil

Alex Gibson

Jul 29, 2015, 12:00:59 PM7/29/15
to reading-...@googlegroups.com, klei...@gmail.com

Hi Marc,

I will be along tonight and can show you.

Emil – nothing stopping you, 3 points to note:

1)      The heated bed is disconnected due to an issue with the previous power supply – I will reconnect it this evening

2)      There is currently no Raspberry Pi for Octoprint – I have left attached a USB-serial and cable, so it’s as standard for TVRR.

3)      It’s now running on an OMC, so it’s back to standard spec for a Thames Valley RepRap (no change from the previous machine, but this one had been on a slightly battered Sanguinololu)

Basically it’s Malcolm’s old round 1 machine, re-wired and with a Bowden tube upgrade to match my current R2 machine.  It prints well right now on blue tape, even without heated bed J

Cheers

Alex

Matthew Daubney

Aug 1, 2015, 1:53:17 PM8/1/15
to Reading Hackspace
Hey Marc,

Did you get a tutorial in the end?

-Matt

daprigoo

Aug 2, 2015, 12:32:52 AM8/2/15
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Matt,
I gave Marc an intro on slicing with Cura and Slic3r then Alex got the printer running and ran through pronterface and printing, then Marc got his test piece printed.

regards,
David