Kitchen area upgrade

Tony Short

Feb 16, 2018, 4:10:57 PM2/16/18
to Reading Hackspace
All

Thanks to some help from Lee, David and Roger, I have now reorganised the kitchen area to allow phase 1 of the kitchen upgrade to start. The new kitchen will be along the back wall (where the whiteboard / hoover was), galley style, with LOADS more storage and better features. Designs will be shared as soon as I've had the time to finish them off.

  • This means we've had to move stuff around:
  • The fridge and microwave are now in the corner above the stairs
  • The brown sofa and table have been rotated by 90 degrees to allow access to the fridge
  • The bookcase has been removed

Can I ask people to not clutter up the cleared area, as anything left there may be removed without warning! Also if you own the mini table football thing, can you remove it? Otherwise it will be given away.

If anyone wants to get involved in the new kitchen design and build, please let me know.

Tony

Arthur .

Feb 16, 2018, 4:31:49 PM2/16/18
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
Arrrrrrrr,

Tony Short

Feb 16, 2018, 7:20:06 PM2/16/18
to Reading Hackspace
???

On Friday, 16 February 2018 21:31:49 UTC, Arthur wrote:
Arrrrrrrr,

Gavin

Steve

Feb 17, 2018, 1:49:58 AM2/17/18
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
Do we need to arrange some rigging on the outside of the building that
Arthur can swing between with cutlass held in teeth?

Gavin wrote:
> i think it's pirate for "count me in"
>
> On Saturday, February 17, 2018 at 12:20:06 AM UTC, Tony Short wrote:
>
> ???
>
> On Friday, 16 February 2018 21:31:49 UTC, Arthur wrote:
>
> Arrrrrrrr,
>
> On 16 Feb 2018 10:11 p.m., "'Tony Short' via Reading Hackspace"
> <reading-...@googlegroups.com <javascript:>> wrote:
>
> All
>
> Thanks to some help from Lee, David and Roger, I have now
> reorganised the kitchen area to allow phase 1 of the kitchen
> upgrade to start. The new kitchen will be along the back
> wall (where the whiteboard / hoover was), galley style, with
> LOADS more storage and better features. Designs will be
> shared as soon as I've had the time to finish them off.
>
> * This means we've had to move stuff around:
> * The fridge and microwave are now in the corner above
> the stairs
> * The brown sofa and table have been rotated by 90
> degrees to allow access to the fridge
> * The bookcase has been removed
>

> Can I ask people to not clutter up the cleared area, as
> anything left there may be removed without warning! Also if
> you own the mini table football thing, can you remove it?
> Otherwise it will be given away.
>
> If anyone wants to get involved in the new kitchen design
> and build, please let me know.
>
> Tony
>
> --

Tony Short

Feb 20, 2018, 11:44:11 AM2/20/18
to Reading Hackspace

The rear wall of the break room is now totally clear of stuff, so Steve and I marked out a rough demo of what the new kitchen will look like. We are now ready to do a first fix for electrics, plumbing and waste.

I will upload a 3D plan of the galley kitchen in due course, but hopefully you can see how much more storage we will get from this new layout.

R C

Feb 24, 2018, 9:03:14 AM2/24/18
to Reading Hackspace
I'm happy to help with general moving stuff about and being an extra pair of hands!

-Rebecca

rgpro...@gmail.com

Feb 26, 2018, 10:20:26 AM2/26/18
to Reading Hackspace
Hi Tony,

I can be free a bit this week.

When do you need a hand building the kitchen?