Recreating the rlab door lock

Graham Evans

Dec 9, 2017, 6:41:41 AM12/9/17
to Reading Hackspace
At one of the community groups I'm involved with, we have had an issue where (very occasionally) somebody forgets to lock the front door. As well as the obvious measures (threatening the guilty party that we'll kick them out if they ever do that again), we'd like to move to a more secure system - something like the one on the RLab door.

Can somebody explain how you went about building it (a part list would be a great help)?

 Thanks

   Graham

scott murdoch

Dec 9, 2017, 6:43:07 AM12/9/17
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
U wanna give me a call 07725122803

Oliver Williams

Dec 10, 2017, 8:48:49 AM12/10/17
to Reading Hackspace
Is the code open sourced?

scott murdoch

Dec 10, 2017, 9:13:10 AM12/10/17
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
Some of it is

On 10 Dec 2017 13:48, "Oliver Williams" <owil...@me.com> wrote:
Is the code open sourced?

Oliver Williams

Dec 10, 2017, 9:19:56 AM12/10/17
to Reading Hackspace
Is the code written in a way that the whole source can be reused? Or is there some hard coded secrets?

scott murdoch

Dec 10, 2017, 9:21:35 AM12/10/17
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
Bit of both

On 10 Dec 2017 14:19, "Oliver Williams" <owil...@me.com> wrote:
Is the code written in a way that the whole source can be reused? Or is there some hard coded secrets?

scott murdoch

Dec 10, 2017, 9:26:53 AM12/10/17
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
An older version of the code could be reused....

Alex Gibson

Dec 10, 2017, 9:44:41 AM12/10/17
to reading-...@googlegroups.com

I would also be keen to recreate the rLab door setup.

Could we maybe do a workshop on it please?  If Scott & co have time.

Cheers
Alex
Tapped on my mobile phone.

Richard Ibbotson

Dec 10, 2017, 10:33:29 AM12/10/17
to reading-...@googlegroups.com

Is the original interface and power supply now replaced?

http://rlab.org.uk/wiki/Projects/Access_Control/Interface

http://rlab.org.uk/wiki/Projects/Access_Control/Power

If not, I do still have the source code. Rather old (5 years now) and in original Atmel Studio for the 32U4.

Richard