Free(ish) electronics

Luke Barnard

Apr 13, 2018, 8:16:33 AM4/13/18
to Reading Hackspace
Hi,

I'm having a clearout and have some bits of electronics that I no longer need or want. I don't want any money for them, but would be happy for people to put whatever they feel appropriate into the honesty pot for RLab.

A 4TB WD MyCLoud NAS; This has barely been used as it was obtained in error. I don't recall what the password is, so you would need to be able to work your way around that.

A Presonus Firebox audio interface; This is a firewire audio interface for connecting intruments and microphones to computers.

A Danelectro Wasabi Delay Pedal; an effects pedal for electric guitars.

Cheers,
IMG_20180413_123553136.jpg
IMG_20180413_123623010.jpg
IMG_20180413_123640363.jpg
IMG_20180413_123711918.jpg

Alex Gibson

Apr 13, 2018, 8:33:44 AM4/13/18
to reading-...@googlegroups.com

Luke the NAS would be an answer to a prayer!

I could attempt to factory reset it etc!

Cheers,

Alex Gibson

+44 7813 810 765    @alexgibson3d    37 Royal Avenue, Reading RG31 4UR

admg consulting

edumaker limited

·         Project management

·         Operations & Process improvement

·         3D Printing

Luke Barnard

Apr 13, 2018, 8:38:13 AM4/13/18
to Reading Hackspace
Cool, it's yours! I'll put it in the dropbox when I'm next in (tonight or tomorrow).

Alex Gibson

Apr 13, 2018, 8:40:51 AM4/13/18
to reading-...@googlegroups.com

Awesome J

Mr E

Apr 13, 2018, 8:56:25 AM4/13/18
to Reading Hackspace
Damn I knew I should have been faster.

Alex Gibson

From: 'Luke Barnard' via Reading Hackspace [mailto:reading-...@googlegroups.com]

Gavin

Apr 13, 2018, 10:58:44 AM4/13/18
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
+1

Apr 14, 2018, 12:35:16 PM4/14/18
to Reading Hackspace
Can I have Danelectro if still available?

James Reid

Apr 16, 2018, 6:31:22 AM4/16/18
to Reading Hackspace
Do you happen to know if that model of audio interface can deal with a Firewire to Thunderbolt or USB converter? It may be a huge help to me if it will work with my laptop, for linking to mixing desks when working at events and having to record desk output.

Luke Barnard

Apr 16, 2018, 7:12:13 AM4/16/18
to Reading Hackspace
Hey,

Pav: I'm sorry but the Danelectro has already been taken!

James: Sorry, I'm not really sure. The only information I can find is this: https://www.presonus.com/press/press-releases/PreSonus-FireWire-Interfaces-Compatible-with-Apple-Thunderbolt-Adapter
If you like I'm happy to bring it to the space for you to try?

James Reid

Apr 16, 2018, 7:33:08 AM4/16/18
to Reading Hackspace
I couldn't find much info either, (particularly as my new laptop has usb-c thunderbolt support, and also hasn't arrived yet. At a quick glance I might be able to chain adaptors). I'll investigate this evening and get back to you, if that's okay? If anyone else is interested and has a better idea what they need, I'm happy for them to go ahead.

Luke Barnard

Apr 16, 2018, 7:35:46 AM4/16/18
to Reading Hackspace
Okedoke!

Alex Gibson

May 28, 2018, 2:06:20 PM5/28/18
to reading-...@googlegroups.com

Hi Luke, I came by the space a few times after that but never found it in the dropbox – did you ever get the chance to pop it there at all?

Sadly I just had a big NAS failure and could triply do with the drive if still available!

From: 'Luke Barnard' via Reading Hackspace [mailto:reading-...@googlegroups.com]

Luke Barnard

May 28, 2018, 2:58:15 PM5/28/18
to Reading Hackspace
Hi Alex,

I put it in the dropbox. I know there was also interest in using it as a backup of some things at RLab - perhaps it has been used for this? I'm not sure what happened to it!

Cheers,
Luke

Alex Gibson