Kicad anyone?

Ashfaq Juna

Apr 18, 2018, 3:28:17 PM4/18/18
to notti...@googlegroups.com, reading-...@googlegroups.com
Hello..

I want to spend 2-3 hrs with someone who is willing to teach me how to use KiCAD

Various stupid (or its me!) issues :

Libraries not loading in Linux install

Windows install kind of working...

I have a schematic and board layout that I got done from someone,, which I have modified in the window install.  This has given me a good level of starting understanding.. I just want to spend sometime with someone who knows what they are doing with Kicad.. I have a real project to work with.. which is always good.

I am of course willing to pay for this time.. please let me know your thoughts.. I am OK to come to Reading and Nottingham as I travel north a lot..

Best regards

Ashfaq

Gavin

Apr 19, 2018, 3:54:08 AM4/19/18
to reading-...@googlegroups.com, notti...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ashfaq - where are you based? If you can pop into rLab on a Tues evening one week, I'd be happy to walk you through some of the basics / try and answer some your questions. I don’t run a linux install myself, but maybe we can figure it out. From memory, I think the problem with libraries on some flavours of linux is a known issue and probably fixable with a bit of digging around

Gavin

Ashfaq Juna

Apr 19, 2018, 1:45:25 PM4/19/18
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Gavin

Thanks, I am well and hope you are well too..

Ok cool.. I am going to be away on Tuesday afternoon.. I will let you know what time I will be in Reading and see if you are available and take it from there.
Thanks

Ashfaq