Broken Tap removal

James

Jul 27, 2015, 5:39:53 AM7/27/15
to Reading Hackspace
Just thought I would share this technique for removing broken taps from non-ferrous parts I found on a cnc forum.

James

Mark Richardson

Jul 27, 2015, 5:17:49 PM7/27/15
to Reading Hackspace, pira...@hotmail.co.uk
no spark eroders or Tungsten carbide drills? certainly seems effective though.

Eric Rowen

Jul 28, 2015, 1:36:21 AM7/28/15
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
Any links to spark erosion techniques that work, appreciated, the nitric acid approach looks good (initially I thought it must be 1st April)

There must be lots of hard materials such as cobalt used for drilling out too?

Maybe the pointer should be toward tapping techniques that improve the chances of success such as the correct lubricant to use for each particular material.