rLAB refreshments feedback

Tony Short

Feb 14, 2018, 11:54:59 AM2/14/18
to Reading Hackspace
All

Following the poll in the last rLAB newsletter, I can report that the most popular solution was:

The response is fairly clear with 80% preferring a lockable honesty box of some kind.

To this end we will install a new box similar to the laser one in the kitchen ASAP.

Some people asked whether the laser box had been a success? I can report that not further incidences of missing cash have been observed, however the lockable box doesn't make people more honest (you can still not pay at all, forget to add an IOU slip, or not pay after we send out IOU reminder email) but if you do decide to pay in cash, that cash is 'protected'.

Obviously this means change will no longer be available, but in the future we plan to implement a smart card based system for 'paying' for snacks.

If you have any questions / comments, please do let us know.

Many thanks

Tony, Andrew & Ian

Tony Short

Feb 14, 2018, 5:27:58 PM2/14/18
to Reading Hackspace

Here is the new honesty box, on the wall opposite the current kitchen.