Drying things!

Matthew Daubney

Jul 6, 2015, 4:14:40 PM7/6/15
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
Hello All!

Upstairs there are some 3d prints painted in XTC-3D (some kind of resin) drying. This is an experiment in smoothing PLA prints. They should be dry by 10-11pm this evening and I will collect them tomorrow.

Thanks,

-Matt Daubney

Richard / rgproduct

Jul 9, 2015, 4:03:27 AM7/9/15
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
There is a company near me that hot sprays a uv stable, structural, fire rated FR PU onto some of my 3dprints.

Great stuff. Can be matt or smooth finish.

Very handy.

Ryan .

Jul 9, 2015, 4:15:25 AM7/9/15
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
PU = polyurea or polyurethane? Is that Seamus from Line-x/revolutionary coatings in Taplow or w/e?

Malcolm Napier

Jul 9, 2015, 4:17:07 AM7/9/15
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
At what sort of cost?

Regards,
Malcolm

Richard / rgproduct

Jul 9, 2015, 4:49:41 AM7/9/15
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
PU is polyurethane.

Seamus, yes. Cost...if his gun is already in the go then not too bad.

Better for bigger items. I showed you the black birdhouse i had done.

Ryan .

Jul 9, 2015, 5:00:49 AM7/9/15
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
Seamus was going to find someone to come by and quote for the floor! He does great work, I've got a sample of his work on my desk as a coaster!

Richard / rgproduct

Jul 9, 2015, 6:21:05 AM7/9/15
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
Have you seen the cheesewire wdged nask tape they use? Very trick.