EMF Kit

Matthew Daubney

Jul 29, 2016, 6:06:29 AM7/29/16
to Reading Hackspace
Is anyone bringing any long (20-30m+) extensions leads? Does anyone have a few we can borrow for the weekend?

Probably worth bringing some lamps as well!

Is there any other combined kit we should be bringing?

Malcolm Napier

Jul 29, 2016, 6:43:09 AM7/29/16
to Reading Hackspace
I have a portable barbecue that I was planning on bringing - in case the food outlets prove to be too busy.

I was about to go and buy a 25m extension and will bring our 10m one as well. I don't have much by way of lighting. I can't recall what happened to our inspection lamp. I will go and have a dig around.

What are we going to do about tables/workbenches? I assume that Tara has re-purposed the trestles that I donated to rLab and anyway that would need a plank or two or plain door to render them usable.

Nigel Worsley

Jul 29, 2016, 6:52:06 AM7/29/16
to reading-hackspace
> I have a portable barbecue that I was planning on bringing - in case the
> food outlets prove to be too busy.

Or completely run out of food, as happened last time. I am taking no chances!

> What are we going to do about tables/workbenches?

I will probably have a table or two spare, but they are very light
duty, these ones:
http://leaflet007.co.uk/lidl-folding-table-monday-3rd-august-2015.html

Nigle

Stuart Livings

Jul 29, 2016, 7:22:14 AM7/29/16
to reading-...@googlegroups.com

On 29/07/2016 11:52, 'Nigel Worsley' via Reading Hackspace wrote:
>> I have a portable barbecue that I was planning on bringing - in case the
>> food outlets prove to be too busy.
> Or completely run out of food, as happened last time. I am taking no chances!

I am *hoping* to have the motorhome hob up and running by then, which
can of course be used to cook stuff. I will also have the
microwave/grill :D

>> What are we going to do about tables/workbenches?
> I will probably have a table or two spare, but they are very light
> duty, these ones:
> http://leaflet007.co.uk/lidl-folding-table-monday-3rd-august-2015.html

I have my aluminium folding table which I can bring if desired. It's
relatively substantial, good enough for general making (been used to
manufacture lots of rockets and launch lots of quadcopters :D).

Depending on how far from mains the motorhome is, and the connectors
involved, I may have a spare very long extension lead available.

Is anyone bringing quadcoptery things?
Stuart

Stuart Ward

Jul 29, 2016, 9:12:45 AM7/29/16
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
Yes I will bring...
signature.asc

Keegan Neave

Jul 31, 2016, 9:50:37 AM7/31/16
to Reading Hackspace
I have a long extension cable and two pit lamps I can bring too.

> Subject: Re: [RDG-Hack] Re: EMF Kit
> To: reading-...@googlegroups.com
> From: reading-...@googlegroups.com
> Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2016 12:22:13 +0100

Stuart Livings

Aug 4, 2016, 7:12:36 AM8/4/16
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
*Action required*

If you're going to EMF and wanted access to the UberTent read this email :)

I'm getting close to packed. Unless anyone objects within the next six
hours I will not be packing the UberTent (10-man tent we planned to use
in the rain) because there's virtually no rain forecast.

If you want me to bring this tent anyway (to hide from the sun or rain)
let me know ASAP. It's not really a problem to bring it, I just don't
want to pack 50kg of tent if there's no-one intending to use it :)

I am planning to pack:

- Long extension lead

- Aluminium table (where is this going if I don't bring the UberTent?)

- NanoCopter + MiniCopter

- Small emergency toolkit (minimal array of screwdrivers, wire cutters,
pliers, spanners, etc)

There is plenty of space in the van to bring more stuff if desired.

I'm planning to park up in the motorhome section (so that I can have
power) but if the organisers allow it and there's a benefit in having
the van on the field I'm willing to do so.

Stuart

Vance Briggs

Aug 4, 2016, 10:33:17 AM8/4/16
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
I am going to bring a 30m extension lead, 50m cat5 patch and an 8-port switch.

Vance

Matthew Daubney

Aug 4, 2016, 5:17:47 PM8/4/16
to Reading Hackspace
Mark and I have a mini village setup! Be good to see you all tomorrow :-)

Nigel Worsley

Aug 4, 2016, 6:18:23 PM8/4/16
to reading-hackspace
> Mark and I have a mini village setup! Be good to see you all tomorrow :-)

I am already on site, set up our mini village yesterday and have spent
today working on setup.

Our village has a fridge and an oven :)

Nigle

Keegan Neave

Malcolm Napier

Aug 5, 2016, 3:09:34 AM8/5/16
to Reading Hackspace
If we are not not having the "uber tent" (and I agree it is probably over-kill given the waether forecast), is there any chance that Stuart or someone else can bring the gazebo from rLab?

I am not naturally a sun worshipper, and the option of some shade would be welcome.

We are bringing a portable barbecue (and some charcoal) 3 x 3d printers (for a workshop on Saturday), ethernet cables, switches, etc. and a couple of long power cables (>30M in total). We will also have a Keter workbench that can double as a table and a couple of camping chairs.

Alex Gibson

Aug 5, 2016, 3:28:34 AM8/5/16
to reading-...@googlegroups.com

Avoiding any undesirable forms of ‘burning man’!

If we are not not having the "uber tent" (and I agree it is probably over-kill given the waether forecast), is there any chance that Stuart or someone else can bring the gazebo from rLab?

Stuart Livings

Aug 5, 2016, 3:29:54 AM8/5/16
to reading-...@googlegroups.com

I'm already here, I'm afraid :)

Keegan Neave

Aug 5, 2016, 4:17:16 AM8/5/16
to Reading Hackspace

How big is it and where in the space is it? I may have a bit of space in my car but I drive a smart fortwo so could be tricky fitting it all in.

Happy to give it a go though!

Keegan Neave

Aug 5, 2016, 5:09:36 AM8/5/16
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
I'll be leaving in an hour or so, if someone could let me know where it is before then I'll do my best to bring it. :)

Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2016 09:17:11 +0100

Ian Petrie

Aug 5, 2016, 6:38:57 AM8/5/16
to Reading Hackspace
It is next to the rear fire exit downstairs.

Matthew Daubney

Aug 5, 2016, 8:02:45 AM8/5/16
to Reading Hackspace
For people looking for us, we're opposite the Creche

Vance Briggs

Aug 5, 2016, 10:28:38 AM8/5/16
to Reading Hackspace

There are tents everywhere. I can see South London Makerspace. Anywhere close?

Vance Briggs

Aug 5, 2016, 10:33:39 AM8/5/16
to Reading Hackspace

Can someone call me on 07799 768111 and talk me in?

Thanks

Vance

Nigel Worsley

Aug 5, 2016, 10:37:35 AM8/5/16
to reading-hackspace
According to the map, about 50M southeast of there. Head back to the
roadway leading to the entrance, follow it past the generator
enclosure and Rlab should be just after it on your right. Unless the
space was already occupied and they had to move!

Nigle