Hacky Racers!

Keegan Neave

Feb 19, 2018, 7:34:02 AM2/19/18
to Reading Hackspace
[Shameless plug]  I'm helping organise the inaugural race of the UK's answer to the Powerwheels Racing Series in the US, Hacky Racers!
TLDR: More info below but if you like the idea of building a small, daft, electric gokart and racing against like minded people then get involved!

Ever wanted to build & race a tiny sit in race car? Of course you have! Hacky Racers is for you.
Hacky Racers’ inaugural event will be held at EMF camp, Eastnor, Herefordshire on August 31st 2018.

Hacky Racers is a race series for small, cheap (<£500), electric race cars, either heavily modified ride on toys or scratch built. Hack a bigger motor onto a mobility scooter or old kid’s jeep, upgrade the wheels and add some cool bodywork and you have yourself a racing machine. We’re going to have a series of races at Makerfaires, festivals and similar events.   This is a perfect group project for a hackspace/makespace/community as there’s a range of skills and equipment can be used. We already have entries from groups from Reading, Hitchin and Cambridge and would love to have you too!
We have an active community of first time builders on our Facebook group and there’s advice, information and signup sheets on our website HackyRacers.co.uk

Hacky Racers is part of the US Power Racing Series

Tom Allen

Feb 25, 2018, 6:24:59 PM2/25/18
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
I still have some mobility scooters for sale for projects. Nice and cheap, contact me directly if anyone wants one.