OFFER Slingbox

Jeremy Poulter

May 2, 2016, 2:57:12 AM5/2/16
to rLab List

Free to a good home, one original Slingbox.

IMAG1056.jpg

Alex Gibson

May 2, 2016, 4:55:18 AM5/2/16
to reading-...@googlegroups.com

Yes please, if it’s still going!  Could really use this to network my old Sky box.

Cheers

Alex

Jeremy Poulter

May 2, 2016, 6:01:31 AM5/2/16
to rLab List

No problem, will drop it down to the space.

Jeremy

Manoel Trapier

May 3, 2016, 12:19:04 PM5/3/16
to Reading Hackspace
What is this thing?

Jeremy Poulter

May 3, 2016, 1:04:26 PM5/3/16
to rLab List

It essentially streams the output of your  cable/satellite box over the internet and also provides an IR blaster to remotely operate the box to change channel etc.
Jeremy

al...@alexgibson.net

May 3, 2016, 1:06:05 PM5/3/16
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
Takes a video (analogue RCA) and 'slings' (sends) it over a network,
with some software to make that painless over a standard network. And
for me, a solution to a problem thanks to Jeremy :)

Jeremy Poulter

May 3, 2016, 1:08:23 PM5/3/16
to rLab List

Dropped it off at the space BTW. It the top draw in the main room.

Jeremy

al...@alexgibson.net

May 3, 2016, 1:14:07 PM5/3/16
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks!!

daprigoo

May 3, 2016, 1:20:43 PM5/3/16
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
thanks for the printer Jeremy, I collected it this morning and it is being deconstructed.
David