Large laser chiller unit alarm

Tony Short

Jul 28, 2016, 1:36:07 PM7/28/16
to Reading Hackspace
The large laser chiller unit's alarm is going constantly, but without an obvious error message. The laser is reporting a water error.

Any ideas?

Richard Ibbotson

Jul 28, 2016, 1:44:16 PM7/28/16
to reading-...@googlegroups.com

The alarm from the chiller goes to the laser cutter from the small connector on the back, which is why you also have water alarm on laser.

Has the laser cutter been moved ? are the water pipes trapped or damaged ? There is a flow detector I think.

Are settings OK ?

Ryan and I will be down later.

Ryan .

Jul 28, 2016, 1:48:53 PM7/28/16
to reading-...@googlegroups.com

Does it have water in it?

scott murdoch

Jul 28, 2016, 1:50:15 PM7/28/16
to reading-...@googlegroups.com

Yes it has been moved

Tony Short

Jul 28, 2016, 2:06:43 PM7/28/16
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
Mike says yes, the unit will chill but the alarm won't stop.

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Reading Hackspace" group.

mikethebee

Jul 28, 2016, 4:01:55 PM7/28/16
to Reading Hackspace
FYI, it was low on water, we didn't realise there is a level on the rear of the chiller, so I am noting it here for reference. - MtB