Any Computer Fans Left?

Alexander Ross

Jan 8, 2017, 5:41:57 PM1/8/17
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
Did the box get chucked out? could do with a load of them for cooling
leds. small,med,big.
Thanks

G Albatross

Jan 9, 2017, 6:46:55 PM1/9/17
to Reading Hackspace, maillist_...@aross.me
Any particular sort? The cardboard boxes of fans and blowers were on top of the metal racking by the downstairs window, last time I checked.
I think they were 80mm, 92mm and blower.

Alexander Ross

Jan 9, 2017, 7:56:40 PM1/9/17
On 09/01/17 23:46, G Albatross wrote:
> Any particular sort? The cardboard boxes of fans and blowers were on top
> of the metal racking by the downstairs window, last time I checked.
> I think they were 80mm, 92mm and blower.

smaller would be useful but i also need high air flow err force. 80mm
sounds good. some 92mm too. blower? is that large low noise,gentle ones
or are those blasting ones?

idk when ill be down in reading again... expect it to be a while...

thanks very helpful to know they are there.

G Albatross

Jan 18, 2017, 5:58:21 PM1/18/17
to Reading Hackspace, maillist_...@aross.me
Blowers are the snail-shell style ones.
They will likely be what you need, as they give a higher pressure (Lots of little blades forcing air at 90').
They will be noisier, however. I'll check exactly what's left when I'm next in.

Alexander Ross

Jan 18, 2017, 7:24:13 PM1/18/17
On 18/01/17 22:58, G Albatross wrote:
> Blowers are the snail-shell style ones.
> They will likely be what you need, as they give a higher pressure (Lots
> of little blades forcing air at 90').
arr, sounds like whats wanted :D

> They will be noisier,
ok, for 2-3digit watts of light, i can live with that.

> however. I'll check exactly what's left when I'm
Thanks for that.

mikethebee

Jan 19, 2017, 6:41:36 AM1/19/17
to Reading Hackspace
I have a few fans, I will take a pic and post it. Let us know when you will be in Reading to collect them. -Mike

mikethebee

Apr 23, 2017, 8:35:35 AM4/23/17
to Reading Hackspace, Alexander Ross
Alexander, the fans I offered are on the Lost&Found shelves, marked with your name. You should collect them shortly or the will be disposed of as per the L&F policy. -Mike

Alexander Ross

Apr 23, 2017, 10:42:28 AM4/23/17
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
Oh yea, opps.
Umm hmm I’ll ask for a favour from a friend.. Can’t be there this week.
Sorry. Thanks for notifying/nudging me!