Anyone got ambitions to use the laser cutter tomorrow during the day?

Malcolm Napier

May 25, 2017, 5:14:33 PM5/25/17
to Reading Hackspace
I would like to use the laser cutter for an estimated 2-3 hours tomorrow during the day. If things go according to plan this would be between 10h00 and thereabouts and 13h00. If they don't go to plan, it might be slightly later.

Does anyone else have ambitions to use it then?

Or does anyone know that the laser cutter won't be in service then?

Thanks in advance.

Malcolm Napier

May 27, 2017, 4:14:02 AM5/27/17
to Reading Hackspace
The laser cutting went OK (after working around a couple of issues that I will raise in another post).

Can I confirm that the cost of using the Pirhana is still 20p/minute please?

Once upon a time there was a dymo label on the machine that stated this but it seems to have disappeared?

I have looked on the main site, the wiki and searched this mailing list. The most recent post I can find on the subject is over a year old. Hence the question.

Tony Short

May 27, 2017, 12:07:20 PM5/27/17
to Reading Hackspace
Its still 20p a minute, the label had worn away, so I removed it. I need to replace with something in a less wearing position.

The issue with it being on the wiki is that very few people can/want to update it. For those of us from a non-techie background its just hideously painful, I gave up fairly quickly as it was just taking far too long to do simple stuff, and felt old fashioned.

We really need to debate whether its more important to have up-to-date information on a different platform vs the benefits of a wiki platform.

Norro

May 27, 2017, 12:15:28 PM5/27/17
to Reading Hackspace
It shouldn't be tricky to update the wiki, maybe you need a refresher course ;)

Malcolm Napier

Jun 8, 2017, 4:22:14 AM6/8/17
to Reading Hackspace
I have just transferred £20.00 to the rLab bank account to cover the afore mentioned use of the laser cutter.