Vinyl cutter with registration sensor

瀏覽次數:57 次
跳到第一則未讀訊息

Simon Green

未讀,
2017年7月26日 上午8:49:092017/7/26
收件者:Reading Hackspace
Hi all.

Does anyone (tony?) know if the drag knife cutters in the space have registration mark sensors on them for print>cut workflows?

Simon

Tony Short

未讀,
2017年7月26日 上午11:21:432017/7/26
收件者:Reading Hackspace
Only one left and no this model does not. To be honest I've never had great success with that particular process, never aligns as well as you would hope. Easier to get a professional place to make them to order.

Norro

未讀,
2017年7月26日 晚上7:50:592017/7/26
收件者:Reading Hackspace
The bigger ones didn't either.  tbh getting a point accurately lined up isn't tricky with the right process but feeding the roll perfectly straight with these would be very hard

On Wednesday, 26 July 2017 13:49:09 UTC+1, Simon Green wrote:

Simon Green

未讀,
2017年7月27日 凌晨2:42:442017/7/27
收件者:reading-...@googlegroups.com
I've ordered a Cricut Air 2, will let you know how I find the Print>Cut workflow.

Simon

Simon Green

未讀,
2017年7月29日 下午2:08:202017/7/29
收件者:Reading Hackspace
So for interest and follow up: WHAT A CRACKING TOOL!

I got the Cricut Explore Air 2. So far I've had no troubles at all working with vinyl, cotton, poster board, cardstock, and paper. The "Print and Cut" workflow using printed registration marks "just works". The pen system for drawing is also brilliant. Only thing I can fault on it is it has a reduced working size when using Print And Cut (due to head size and losing space to large registration marks). I've had no trouble at all getting from Illustrator into it's software. I really like the loading system it uses: you load the media onto either a 12"x12" mat or a 12"x24" mat which is tacky and holds the material down flat. Obviously, you can't do large vinyl cutting work such as a roller plotter can do, however, that's not it's target market. For small-medium home maker projects: absolutely fantastic, recommend to anyone.

If anybody would like a demo I'd happily bring it down for a show&tell.

Oh also learnt two new handy techniques this weekend:
1. Iron freezer paper to the back of cotton and you can then pass it through an inkjet printer and print whatever you like on it
2. Iron a second sheet of freezer paper on to cotton and you have it stabilised from both sides, which makes cutting it in a drag knife cutter like the cricut really really easy.

Simon
回覆所有人
回覆作者
轉寄