Laser Training

James

Jul 13, 2015, 9:19:33 AM7/13/15
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everyone,

I would really like to start using the lasers and understand a little training will be required before using the machine on my own.

Is someone free and able to do this maybe tonight of tomorrow?

Thanks,

James

James

Jul 14, 2015, 4:43:03 AM7/14/15
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
Anyone free tonight maybe? :)

Tara Martel

Jul 14, 2015, 3:33:21 PM7/14/15
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
I expect there'll be a workshop along in a minute.

Simon Green

Jul 15, 2015, 10:15:23 AM7/15/15
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
I'll be there tonight and will take you through it.

Dale Strickland-Clark

Jul 15, 2015, 10:48:14 AM7/15/15
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
Can I observe too, please?

Simon Green

Jul 15, 2015, 11:42:32 AM7/15/15
to reading-...@googlegroups.com

Just confirmed from Ryan it's still out of order :(

On 15 Jul 2015 3:48 pm, Dale Strickland-Clark <lens...@gmail.com> wrote:
Can I observe too, please?

Ryan .

Jul 15, 2015, 11:59:47 AM7/15/15
to reading-...@googlegroups.com

Dood!! It isn't out of order just down a bit on power!

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Reading Hackspace" group.

Simon Green

Jul 15, 2015, 12:13:11 PM7/15/15
to reading-...@googlegroups.com

Oh OK :)

James

Jul 15, 2015, 12:54:28 PM7/15/15
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Simon :)

Unfortunately I cant get down to the lab until 11pm tonight - Is this too late for you?

Thanks,

James

Iain Farquhar

Jul 27, 2015, 7:41:11 AM7/27/15
to Reading Hackspace, pira...@hotmail.co.uk
I was wondering if anyone would be around on Wednesday (29th) to show me how to use the big (white) laser? I'll happily bring beer or equivalent as a thank you

James

Jul 27, 2015, 9:47:17 AM7/27/15
to Reading Hackspace
I am still also without laser knowledge and would like to attend any trainings :)

Eric Rowen

Jul 27, 2015, 12:32:47 PM7/27/15
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
Ditto on the lasering anodised aluminium............. as one option in making a dial for a gauge.  Zapping a white dial with black scale and lettering

Simon Green

Jul 27, 2015, 1:30:06 PM7/27/15
to reading-...@googlegroups.com

I am aiming to be there Wednesday afternoon and evening and so long as it's not too busy happy to do a session on the laser cutters with a few people.

Simon

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Reading Hackspace" group.

Richard Ibbotson

Jul 27, 2015, 3:02:51 PM7/27/15
to Reading Hackspace
With anodised Ali the process is to bleach the dye out of the anodising. So black anodised material engraved to metallic white. The ablation you get with organic materials of low conductivity does not happen on metals without large pulse power.

woodscooter

Jul 27, 2015, 5:41:43 PM7/27/15
to Reading Hackspace, si...@sjg.io
I will be at rlab on Wednesday afternoon (using the smallest laser cutter that I'm trained on).  May I be added to the small group to be trained on the larger laser too?

Thanks - Ian B.

Eric Rowen

Jul 28, 2015, 1:44:06 AM7/28/15
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
Ian,  Depending on what time you are there on Wednesday  do you mind if I come down and observe?

woodscooter

Jul 28, 2015, 8:04:07 AM7/28/15
to Reading Hackspace, eric.ro...@gmail.com
That's fine with me.  Any time that Simon is ready to start, I'm up for it.

Iain Farquhar

Jul 28, 2015, 8:46:27 AM7/28/15
to Reading Hackspace, eric.ro...@gmail.com, woods...@gmail.com
Ditto. I'm going to be in the space from around 2000 but I can get there earlier if that would be better for others.