rLab 3rd Birthday Party, 7th May 2016

Richard Ibbotson

May 1, 2016, 11:15:35 AM5/1/16
to Reading Hackspace
It's 3 years since we opened rLab at Weldale Street, and we had a party when we opened.
So much awesome stuff has happened since then, we must celebrate again
We opened with lasers, and Ryan has promised to light up the sky again. We have CAA approval arranged for this.
Tom has giving us sounds, and Matt is giving us video games.
We still need some help with BBQ, and we need everyone to bring any fun toys or entertainments
We will start around 20:00 I guess, but some of us will likely drift over earlier after the Tomorrow Reading event in need of a beer.
All members and their invited guests are welcome.
We can't sell alcohol, so bring your own.

Tom Allen

May 3, 2016, 3:06:00 PM5/3/16
to reading-...@googlegroups.com

Bump!

Getting excited to have another laser show at the Hackspace. I also have some big toys I'm going to bring which have a small hack challenge. All parts and URLs are provided, have four identical sets, so could have a race? (It's four components and a micro)

Richard Ibbotson

May 5, 2016, 3:24:49 AM5/5/16
to Reading Hackspace
Tom, do we need to get any supplies for your BBQ ?

Tom Allen

May 5, 2016, 3:39:43 AM5/5/16
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
yes i have nice tools but don't have any coal or lighter fluid, this
will be the first time it's used this season. I am happy to get it
although knowing me I will forget

On Thu, May 5, 2016 at 8:24 AM, Richard Ibbotson
<richard....@btinternet.com> wrote:
> Tom, do we need to get any supplies for your BBQ ?
>
> --

Tom Allen
+44 7939 025 131

Matthew Daubney

May 5, 2016, 4:26:12 AM5/5/16
to Reading Hackspace
Lighter fluid????? We have a brazing hearth you know.....

Richard Ibbotson

May 5, 2016, 1:32:08 PM5/5/16
to Reading Hackspace
 I can get some charcoal and lighter tomorrow. How big is it ? How Much ?
Anyone else willing to help on BBQ besides Tara ?
I know last time the BBQ was rather slow. Anyone any ideas to speed it up, pre-boiling, microwave, ready cook ?
Can people bring some food ?

Ryan .

May 5, 2016, 1:47:32 PM5/5/16
to reading-...@googlegroups.com

Anyone have a gas grill? Might be quicker than coals! Usually it's getting it lit and hot enough that's troublesome.

I'll help grill! Many hands makes light work though!

Gavin Gaunt

May 5, 2016, 2:10:55 PM5/5/16
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
Pre-boiling bangers for 10 mins works well (apparently a NZ thing)

May 5, 2016, 2:28:48 PM5/5/16
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
Sweet! Someone wanna help with a Costco run day of? Could poke heads into green park ting as well!

Matthew Daubney

May 5, 2016, 3:27:12 PM5/5/16
to Reading Hackspace
Will bring some veggie stuff for non-carniverous types

Ryan .

May 5, 2016, 6:52:00 PM5/5/16
to reading-...@googlegroups.com

Good call man.

We'll have beams!!

13120001_10154376428430730_3686703999117628472_o.jpg

Richard Ibbotson

May 5, 2016, 8:17:38 PM5/5/16
to Reading Hackspace
Aldi do a gas bbq for £79.99. Bit big to store through winter thought.

Richard Ibbotson

May 5, 2016, 8:20:29 PM5/5/16
to Reading Hackspace
Going to be tied up with Tomorrow's Reading on Sat.
Can do stuff Friday if needed

Richard / rgproduct

May 6, 2016, 1:25:40 AM5/6/16
to Reading Hackspace
Sounds great, best to light the bbq nice and early with loads of coals, say 11.30 for 1pm lunch. lasts ages and should cook fine.

Heidi and i will pop in with lidle polish sausages, diamond scored. Very very tasty!

Recently told they were the best sausages anyone ever had by 6 different people!

Yum.

Alex Gibson

May 6, 2016, 4:11:03 AM5/6/16
to reading-...@googlegroups.com

We have Yossi’s giant oven.  Silver-foil protection around anything going in it, but iot would certainly work

May 6, 2016, 4:37:22 AM5/6/16
to reading-...@googlegroups.com

Definitely not eating anything that's been in there. No offense, its just not for cooking (not sure if you were being serious)

;)

Stuart Livings

May 6, 2016, 5:52:10 AM5/6/16
to reading-...@googlegroups.com

Those of us at Tomorrow's Reading won't be finished there before 6pm, so
practically the absolute earliest we'll get to the space is 6:30, more
likely later.

Will the barbeque be done before then?

Stuart

Ryan .

May 6, 2016, 5:56:21 AM5/6/16
to reading-...@googlegroups.com

Nope, we'll run lunch and dinner methinks!

Matthew Daubney

May 6, 2016, 5:56:30 AM5/6/16
to Reading Hackspace
I believe the plan was to start around 8 based on the first post in the thread.

Alex Gibson

May 6, 2016, 5:58:07 AM5/6/16
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
Only semi serious.  It's a heat source,
But more likely to cremate anything in it!
Tapped on my mobile phone.

Ryan .

May 6, 2016, 5:58:35 AM5/6/16
to reading-...@googlegroups.com

Oh snap, ya, late starting. Let's just see how the day goes. I'm not planning on hitting green park. I may, but I'm not planning on it.

Stuart Livings

May 6, 2016, 5:58:46 AM5/6/16
to reading-...@googlegroups.com

Cool.  So it's a deliberate plan by Mr Grant to derail our evening barbeque for his lunch?  :D

Two barbeque meals sounds like a good day :D

Stuart

Jim Pugh

May 6, 2016, 7:04:20 AM5/6/16
to Reading Hackspace
We have a gas BBQ with empty bottle we could wheel round. obv we would need to get a full bottle. but hey-details..

Ian Petrie

May 6, 2016, 7:05:32 AM5/6/16
to Reading Hackspace
There is a propane bottle at the space and a regulator

Jim Pugh

May 6, 2016, 7:19:13 AM5/6/16
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
Can I just firm up details, timings for Weldale st, and shalll i bring my rat rod 300 watt led torch work in progress?

Richard / rgproduct

May 6, 2016, 7:29:50 AM5/6/16
to Reading Hackspace
Ah, i assumed a 13:00 and a tea time bbq sounds great too!

Will be down from oxford between noon and 13:00.

Have already bought polish sausages.... And baps...

Jim Pugh

May 6, 2016, 7:31:32 AM5/6/16
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
well if you need the grill from us, just shout, we are only round the corner, and probably should test its still working good.

Richard / rgproduct

May 6, 2016, 7:31:33 AM5/6/16
to Reading Hackspace
Hmm, it did say 20:00.

Will be sunny all day though.

H and I can come down via Reading from Ox. And it will be mid day.

Ryan, we can share tong duties for a bit. R

Richard Ibbotson

May 6, 2016, 9:10:25 AM5/6/16
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
Can we pick up grill tonight(Fri)? Then we can sort out before.

Sent via Richard's Phone
07871 256772
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Reading Hackspace" group.

Jim Pugh

May 6, 2016, 9:14:26 AM5/6/16
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
no problem 31 cambridge st

Jim Pugh

May 6, 2016, 9:14:49 AM5/6/16
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
we in

Richard Ibbotson

May 6, 2016, 9:16:36 AM5/6/16
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
Space should be open and things happening to set up all day. Feel free to start bbq, gazebo, hacking, games, and party whenever.
Lights and music will more likely be after dark.
Those at Tomorrow's Reading will be busy during daytime. Make sure fridge still has cold beer when we arrive!

Sent via Richard's Phone
07871 256772

Jim Pugh

May 6, 2016, 9:28:10 AM5/6/16
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
grill awaits collection, you are gonna have to reshuffle the coals and get some gas, and maybe alert any resident spiders :)

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Reading Hackspace" group.

Richard / rgproduct

May 7, 2016, 11:32:54 AM5/7/16
to Reading Hackspace
Totally not going to make this now. Sorry. Have fun. R and H.

Richard Ibbotson

Jun 12, 2016, 11:39:59 AM6/12/16
to Reading Hackspace
Jim,
I think Ryan has been trying to contact you so we can return the BBQ.

Let him know or post here and I will deliver it back so you can use it before Summer ends (oops maybe too late!)

It did us great service for the party, worked fine, just the ignition didn't, but we have lasers for that.  Many thanks,

Jim Pugh

Jun 13, 2016, 8:42:35 AM6/13/16
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
'We have lasers for that'  that made me snort !Yes I know we saw them, one from a long way away, it was amusing how pathetic it made that searchlight that scans the sky.
Theres someone in here usually, when you fancy doing it just message me here and I'll likely see it straight away.
Glad it helped.
I did ask Ryan if there was a set of small torx bits spare I could borrow for a day, he couldnt find any, but I know how difficult it can be finding stuff there sometimes :)