Laserroom Cam

mikethebee

Jul 27, 2015, 10:08:09 AM7/27/15
to Reading Hackspace
People may have noticed that the laser room cam pic froze at the weekend. I don't know if it actually captured the guilty pair in the frozen pic :) but I found that the ethernet hub had the power jack unplugged. It looked as though it had become entangled with some other leads and got pulled out. I have tidied it up and pushed it to the wall. It would benefit from proper mounting, but I ran out of time.

So it is now working again. -Mike

Alex Gibson

Jul 27, 2015, 10:13:02 AM7/27/15
to reading-...@googlegroups.com

Simon – I’m planning to tidy up the wiring to the RepRap and Shapeoko – do you object if I have a crack at these?

Cheers

Alex

Gary Fletcher

Jul 27, 2015, 10:22:19 AM7/27/15
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
I would absolutely not do anything with the Shapeoko whilst it is working, for a whole host of reasons until Ryans upgrade bits arrive.

mikethebee

Jul 27, 2015, 10:40:31 AM7/27/15
to Reading Hackspace, al...@alexgibson.net
I have no prob. with that, you'll be able to see the current wiring connections, and the cam should reboot is powered off, though you can do a shutdown via ssh if preferred.

-Mike

Alex Gibson

Jul 27, 2015, 10:59:39 AM7/27/15
to reading-...@googlegroups.com

Trust me Gary J

It’s somewhat at risk right now – it’s working, but the wiring is unprotected, subject to cable strain etc.

I’ve completely rebuilt the reprap – ask anyone who’s seen it recently if they’d like the same done to the Shapeoko.

I will not change anything about the configuration – just tidy and make safer.

Reassured?

Cheers

Alex

Gary Fletcher

Jul 27, 2015, 11:02:52 AM7/27/15
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
I’ll be down tomorrow daytime and have a look then, having just repaired the shapeoko which likely short due to loose cables I would like to look at it myself.

There are a number of issues with the wiring happy to discuss off list but please don’t do anything until you’ve spoken to me.

thanks