[Fwd: {RADARC Group Forum :556} Height Matters - by Mike Naylor G4CDF - Thursday 22nd February 8pm Woodford Park]

John Gumb

Feb 20, 2018, 6:43:12 PM2/20/18
to ta...@rdggeeknight.org, reading-...@googlegroups.com
-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: Simon Watson <borzw...@gmail.com>
To: Reading and District Amateur Radio Group <rad...@googlegroups.com>
Subject: {RADARC Group Forum :556} Height Matters - by Mike Naylor G4CDF - Thursday 22nd February 8pm Woodford Park
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2018 15:01:41 +0000

Dear Members,

Height Matters - by Mike Naylor G4CDF 22nd February 2018 at 8:00 PM – 10:30 PM Woodford Park Leisure Centre, Haddon Dr, Woodley, Reading RG5 4LY

During a recent shack tidy Mike G4CDF encountered many QSL cards from his student days. On looking though them Mike was surprised by what was achieved (mainly VHF/UHF I believe) using the presumably modest station set up at the time. This lead him to thinking about how the location it's associated attributes affected communications.

No doubt with a splash of reminiscence and a good helping of nostalgia, this should be a very interesting talk, and I am sure we will all learn something including some details on to build a station that can regularly communicate over distances of several hundred kilometres, the effects of antenna size and height, and the effect of local terrain, power level and local noise levels.

We look forward to seeing you there.

73

Simon, M0ZSU, RADARC

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Reading and District Amateur Radio Group" group.
Visit this group at https://groups.google.com/group/radarc.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/radarc/CAHUJiZT-mRDUcTsvLuAoUDGPENYTgKJVZwVFSm69mUg-KWR8Ew%40mail.gmail.com.