Project Storage Space

Ian Petrie

Jul 26, 2017, 9:03:19 AM7/26/17
to Reading Hackspace

I have mostly cleared the shelves outside the loos.

Let us experiment with them as a place to store current projects.

The ground rules:

This is ONLY for current, ongoing, projects. It is not a place to leave stuff "until I get round to it"

Put your project in a box, not just on a shelf.

Label your box:
Your name
Your contact details ( phone or email )
The date. Update the label each time you work on your project, Cross out the old date, add the current date.

If you have larger bits which won't fit the shelves then leave them in the workshop, as out of the way as possible, and clearly label them with the same information.

We have 120+ members and so storing stuff in the space needs to be understood as a privilege, not a right. Don't abuse the shelves, ( Previously known as Three Week Shelves, Bin Queue, and Lost and Found.). Only store stuff on the shelves if it is a genuine current project.

Gavin

Jul 26, 2017, 10:40:17 AM7/26/17
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
Do we need to prominently re-sign the shelves to make clear that they are now for projects and not a ‘help yourself’ zone?