Rlab white reprap - result

Mark Robson

Apr 25, 2016, 3:19:22 PM4/25/16
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Last Wednesday afternoon / evening / night, I 3d-printed this bird feeder thing on the Rlab Reprap 3d-printer, pictures attached.

It's about 115x115x100 mm dimensions, and took 7 hours to print and used 11 metres of filament.

Good job, Rlab Reprap

Mark
birdfeeder2.jpg
birdfeeder1.jpg

Alex Gibson

Apr 25, 2016, 6:16:16 PM4/25/16
to reading-...@googlegroups.com

Nice job Mark J

The slight stringing could potentially be tuned out with a slight increase in retraction (maybe -0.5mm) , and/or decrease in temperature, but I imagine it was trivial to clean up!

I am going to look at the odd noise from the PSU as pre-emptive maintenance, but good to see it’s all still working well!

Off the back of this - who is currently in need of an induction on the RepRap 3D printer?

Cheers

Alex

Mark Robson

Apr 26, 2016, 5:03:08 AM4/26/16
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
Alex,

I should note that I modified the configuration of the extruder motor, to allow printing at higher heights; the way you originally set it up, it couldn't move above ~ 70mm due to the X carriage piece hitting the extruder, and my piece was 100mm. I inverted the extruder and moved the filament reel to the shelf above. This seems to work ok.

Mark

Chris M

Apr 28, 2016, 6:13:17 AM4/28/16
to Reading Hackspace
I'd like a tutorial please Alex.

I've recently gone from 0-100% interest in 3D printers so I'd also be interested in advice from you and the other 3D printer ninjas on how to go about making my own. I'd be looking to optimise quality and cost (for say < £500) using my time and patience as a resource if that's possible :)

Alex Gibson

Apr 29, 2016, 2:13:52 AM4/29/16
to reading-...@googlegroups.com, Reading Hackspace
Hi Chris,

Tapped on my mobile phone.

> On 28 Apr 2016, at 11:13, Chris M <chris.mo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I'd like a tutorial please Alex.
>
> I've recently gone from 0-100% interest in 3D printers so I'd also be interested in advice from you and the other 3D printer ninjas on how to go about making my own. I'd be looking to optimise quality and cost (for say < £500) using my time and patience as a resource if that's possible :)

Alex Gibson

Apr 29, 2016, 2:16:37 AM4/29/16
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
No problem. Just need to pick a date! Will keep you posted

Tapped on my mobile phone.

> On 28 Apr 2016, at 11:13, Chris M <chris.mo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I'd like a tutorial please Alex.
>
> I've recently gone from 0-100% interest in 3D printers so I'd also be interested in advice from you and the other 3D printer ninjas on how to go about making my own. I'd be looking to optimise quality and cost (for say < £500) using my time and patience as a resource if that's possible :)

daprigoo

Apr 29, 2016, 2:32:28 AM4/29/16
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
Chris, WRT making your own 3D Printer.

The Thames Valley Rep Rap User Group (TVRRUG) has monthly sessions at
rlab on the 3rd Monday evening of each month (18th is the next) and
potentially an interim session on the first Monday. There would
certainly be 3DP builders and operators there and printers could be
brought in with advanced warning, I suggest you come along and get
acquainted.

TVRRUG has been promoting the building and use of 3DPs for some years
and we have organised 3 rounds of Prusa builds to date incorporating
enhancements to the open source designs and custom designed electronics.

We are now planning a round 4 machine based on the Mendel90, pitched at
the approximate budget you mention, using more optimal fabrication
techniques and off the shelf components than previously but still
focused on the needs and interests of the 3DP enthusiast/tinkerer rather
than complete beginner. That said, we are considering a reference design
for the latter but this is secondary to the Mendel at the moment. We
have not finalised the Round 4 design yet but can show a beta machine
and your signing up to take part in round 4 would be the key first step
if you wish to build one as we need enough people involved if we are to
exploit group buying discounts.

David

(I have built 3x round 2/3 Prusas, 2x RepRapPro Fishers and a round 4
beta Mendel90)

Mat Lifford

Apr 29, 2016, 2:41:54 AM4/29/16
to Reading Hackspace
Alex

Can I get an induction on the 3d printer please. Im fairly flexibal on dates. So when ever is best for you.

Cheers

Bob Dunlop

Apr 29, 2016, 2:51:00 AM4/29/16
to 'daprigoo' via Reading Hackspace
On Fri, Apr 29 at 07:32, 'daprigoo' via Reading Hackspace wrote:
> Chris, WRT making your own 3D Printer.
>
> The Thames Valley Rep Rap User Group (TVRRUG) has monthly sessions at
> rlab on the 3rd Monday evening of each month (18th is the next) and

Uhm. 3rd Monday would be the 16th of June.

--
Bob Dunlop

Bob Dunlop

Apr 29, 2016, 2:53:15 AM4/29/16
to 'daprigoo' via Reading Hackspace
Duh. Try 16th of May. Good job people are flexable about dates :)
--
Bob Dunlop

daprigoo

Apr 29, 2016, 2:59:20 AM4/29/16
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
thanks for correction Bob, I was looking at April, as you say it should
be 16th June.

Alex Gibson

Apr 29, 2016, 3:08:46 AM4/29/16
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
That's 2 takers - any more needing it? Will pick a date soon.

Tapped on my mobile phone.

Chris M

Apr 29, 2016, 3:29:50 AM4/29/16
to Reading Hackspace
Alex: Sounds good, I'm available most times, just let me know.

David: That sounds like exactly what I'm after. Do I need to be put on a list to make sure I don't miss meet ups etc.? Definitely interested in seeing the beta printer if it's not a hassle.

daprigoo

Apr 29, 2016, 3:56:12 AM4/29/16
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Chris,

info, discussion and announcements are posted on the tvrrug google group
- https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!forum/tvreprapug

the webpage is at - http://tvrrug.org.uk/

I expect to be at the session on 16th June, normally from 7pm onwards

David

Gavin Gaunt

Apr 29, 2016, 4:00:51 AM4/29/16
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
Me! I'd like to print some keycaps and stand-offs.

Apr 30, 2016, 5:12:26 AM4/30/16
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
Right, that's 3 and a quorum.

Will suggest a date as soon as I am done with a current customer project.

Tapped on my mobile phone.

On 29 Apr 2016, at 19:54, Tara Martel <prof...@gmail.com> wrote:

I'd love an induction too. Simon started one but the control board fried so we had to abandon it. This was about a year agao!

Tara Martel

Apr 30, 2016, 7:43:16 AM4/30/16
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
Brill!

Manoel Trapier

May 3, 2016, 1:28:46 PM5/3/16
to Reading Hackspace
If there is still some space I would be happy too!

Tara Martel

May 3, 2016, 2:31:58 PM5/3/16
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
Oooh, BTW Alex, please cancel that order I made, the parts turned up.

Alex Gibson

May 4, 2016, 5:29:54 AM5/4/16
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
Oh OK, non problem.  Had done the CAD but not printed.

Cheers
Alex

Tapped on my mobile phone.

Tara Martel

May 5, 2016, 4:18:21 PM5/5/16
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
Yeah the owner actually ordered replacement parts because apparently her horse had stood on it which is why it was missing.

James Reid

May 6, 2016, 6:24:38 AM5/6/16
to Reading Hackspace
Not been on the group for a little while so I don't know if I'm too late here, but I'd also like an induction on the printer if there's any spaces left? (I recently got a part built Prusa I2 to reassemble, and would like to know what I'm doing before getting to work on it).