8 mm drill for this evening

Emil Jonasson

Jul 29, 2015, 5:43:20 AM7/29/15
to Reading Hackspace
Hi guys! If anyone has an 8mm drill could you bring it tonight so I can borrow it for 5 mins? I need to widen some holes in the replacement bar clamps for my 3D-printer. I'll buy you a soda/give you a hand with your project as thanks!

Cheers,
/Emil

Ryan .

Jul 29, 2015, 7:42:32 AM7/29/15
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
There should be many in the drawers on the workbench against the wall if there aren't any by the pillar drill.

Gary Fletcher

Jul 29, 2015, 9:31:15 AM7/29/15
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
Def not any in the draws, I carry a set in my toolbox now and should be down this evening.

Emil Jonasson

Jul 29, 2015, 11:50:44 AM7/29/15
to Reading Hackspace, garygf...@hotmail.com

Cheers guys!

Malcolm Napier

Jul 30, 2015, 4:10:59 AM7/30/15
to Reading Hackspace, garygf...@hotmail.com, etjon...@gmail.com
Confused of Maidenhead here.

If there aren't any in the clear plastic drawers behind the band saw what was I using last Friday to ream out holes in printed plastic parts (as Emil requires)? :-)

They were cylindrical in shape, marked as 7.5mm, 8mm and 8.5mm. They had spiral flutes with sharp cutting edges and pointed ends.  :-)

That is not to say that it isn't wise to carry your own tools. Past existence is no guarantee of future presence.

Regards,
Malcolm

On Wednesday, 29 July 2015 16:50:44 UTC+1, Emil Jonasson wrote:

Cheers guys!

Gary Fletcher

Jul 30, 2015, 5:44:15 AM7/30/15
to reading-...@googlegroups.com, etjon...@gmail.com
On Tuesday there were zero 8mm in those plastic draws. They often don't get put back or replaced when broken...

Malcolm Napier

Jul 31, 2015, 3:44:50 AM7/31/15
to Reading Hackspace, etjon...@gmail.com, garygf...@hotmail.com
In which case someone is a heavy user of 8mm drills. There were at least 3 in there on Friday afternoon, two in a plastic bag and one "pre-used".

Richard / rgproduct

Jul 31, 2015, 5:33:16 AM7/31/15
to Reading Hackspace
Breaking 8mm bits... Holy nik nak.

More likely leaving them lying around or walking off with them.