What First Aid Kit is required for a Makerspace?

Old Raft

Dec 6, 2017, 4:17:36 PM12/6/17
to Reading Hackspace
A previous post I can't locate had details of first aid kit required or recomended.

Any information there is on what we at Basingstoke Makerspace would need for starters would be appreciated.

Mat Lifford

Dec 7, 2017, 3:45:30 AM12/7/17
to Reading Hackspace
The standard HSE kit should meet most needs at first. Though it is worth working out the avarage number of people that will be down to get the right sized kit. At a later date you can look at the tools and activities and the possibal injuries and add to the boxes what would be needed, burn dressings and trauma dressings for example.

This also reminds me I need to come down one night to look at joining.

Pav

Dec 8, 2017, 4:51:48 AM12/8/17
to Reading Hackspace
I can pop in and have a chat with you guys about that. I'm a HCPC registered Paramedic and currently practicing in Bucks area.

Eric Rowen

Dec 8, 2017, 6:27:20 AM12/8/17
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Pav,

Would be good to meet you, and thanks for the offer.   We are just fitting out the space as we speak, but there isn't a card swipe system in place yet or anyone there on a regular basis.   We may hold part of our fortnightly Tuesday meeting at our new location and you could possibly come to that?

On Fri, Dec 8, 2017 at 9:51 AM, Pav <turre...@gmail.com> wrote:
I can pop in and have a chat with you guys about that. I'm a HCPC registered Paramedic and currently practicing in Bucks area.

Pav

Dec 8, 2017, 6:37:59 AM12/8/17
to Reading Hackspace
What sort of time is best for you guys on Tuesday? At this stage I'm off and may be available but that may change. I have to do some office related things which is a bitch and a half but thats the only day I can do it. I will know everything Monday morning when I call scheduling

Pav

Dec 8, 2017, 6:58:32 AM12/8/17
to Reading Hackspace
I actually called scheduling just now and I'm on 07-17. Its in Bucks so I bit of driving to Basingstoke and I may finish late as this is regular shift not office. 1900? Unles this Sunday works for you. I have no plans for Sunday at all

Eric Rowen

Dec 8, 2017, 7:49:16 AM12/8/17
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
Best to just keep in touch for now, I am not there this Sunday and as people just come and go working on the place, there is no guarantee anyone will be there at any specific time.  Until we have the electrics sorted (in progress now but will be a week or two) then there is no guarantee that we will be holding meetings there or that during a Tue meeting (Red Lion two minutes away) that we can visit.   Until the electrics are installed positioning of temporary lights is a bit hit and miss.

Our website, Meetup and Facebook should say when we are meeting and if a visit to the naval association building is planned.