Any interest in old x86 appliances?

Tom Allen

Jan 17, 2017, 11:45:06 AM1/17/17
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
My friend is about to weeeeeee a few piles of these. Anyone want one/many? Even if just for parts. They have Windows on them... 6 gig ethernets tho and run Linux / BSD great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCRvvn9-Va0&sns=em

Ryan .

Jan 17, 2017, 11:47:29 AM1/17/17
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
Yah will take a few (3-4 if they're available?)

On 17 Jan 2017 4:45 p.m., "Tom Allen" <t...@randominter.net> wrote:
My friend is about to weeeeeee a few piles of these. Anyone want one/many? Even if just for parts. They have Windows on them... 6 gig ethernets tho and run Linux / BSD great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCRvvn9-Va0&sns=em

Ryan .

Jan 17, 2017, 11:51:08 AM1/17/17
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
What CPU? Where are they?

Stuart Ward

Jan 17, 2017, 12:00:01 PM1/17/17
to reading-...@googlegroups.com

Yes would like to have a play with...

On 17/01/17 16:45, Tom Allen wrote:
My friend is about to weeeeeee a few piles of these. Anyone want one/many? Even if just for parts. They have Windows on them... 6 gig ethernets tho and run Linux / BSD great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCRvvn9-Va0&sns=em

Tom Allen

Jan 17, 2017, 12:19:12 PM1/17/17
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
cool my friend Nick will drop 5 down to the space one wednesday soon
--
Tom Allen
+44 7939 025 131

Jeremy Poulter

Jan 17, 2017, 12:28:36 PM1/17/17
to rLab List
Cool, I wouldn't mind one if one is going spare.

On Tue, Jan 17, 2017 at 4:59 PM, Stuart Ward <stuart....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes would like to have a play with...
>

> On 17/01/17 16:45, Tom Allen wrote:
>
> My friend is about to weeeeeee a few piles of these. Anyone want one/many?
> Even if just for parts. They have Windows on them... 6 gig ethernets tho and
> run Linux / BSD great
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCRvvn9-Va0&sns=em
> --
>

> --

Tom Allen
+44 7939 025 131

Mark Richardson

Jan 17, 2017, 1:06:24 PM1/17/17
to Reading Hackspace
are they all gone ?

Eric Rowen

Jan 17, 2017, 4:40:21 PM1/17/17
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
Would take one if any left

Alex Gibson

Jan 18, 2017, 4:31:54 AM1/18/17
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
Yes please! - anything with Windows 7 licence? If so can use 3!

Cheers

Alex

Tapped on my mobile phone.

dz

Jan 18, 2017, 4:34:14 AM1/18/17
to Reading Hackspace
this boxes takes me back few good years....
memories

Alex Gibson

Jan 18, 2017, 6:53:25 AM1/18/17
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tom, scrub my previous comment - I would be keen to take a few of these whatever windows licence they have...!

Tom Allen

Jan 18, 2017, 9:07:55 AM1/18/17
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
sounds like about ten to me. have passed message on to Nik. i away so
he will drop them direct to rlab in the next couple of weeks and i'll
post up to say they are there

On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 11:52 AM, Alex Gibson <al...@alexgibson.net> wrote:
> Hi Tom, scrub my previous comment - I would be keen to take a few of these
> whatever windows licence they have...!
>
> On 18 January 2017 at 09:34, dz <david...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> this boxes takes me back few good years....
>> memories
>>

>> On Tuesday, 17 January 2017 16:45:06 UTC, Tom Allen wrote:
>>>
>>> My friend is about to weeeeeee a few piles of these. Anyone want
>>> one/many? Even if just for parts. They have Windows on them... 6 gig
>>> ethernets tho and run Linux / BSD great
>>>
>>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCRvvn9-Va0&sns=em
>>
>> --

G Albatross

Jan 18, 2017, 5:55:35 PM1/18/17
to Reading Hackspace
I would love one, or even a couple if there are spares.

Alexander Ross

Jan 18, 2017, 7:20:51 PM1/18/17
to reading-...@googlegroups.com
hmm, heck ill mention anyway:
some might be useful for a space i know of in london.... its a huge
building :) . I need to check how things are but they wont say no to
stuff, they take it :). so if theres some left, theres potential for me
to take some... idk when im around for a bit again... likey be quite a
while... I dont know of any other GB ethernet switchs up for grabs so
these i guess would be better than the current nothing :) . electric
bill is not a problem there really.

Im a newbie. So to use these, what do i need to do? do they need a OS on
them to work as a umm router? for putting Ethernet around a building? if
they do need a OS, linux it would be, i would need learn whats needed to
get it to relay packets :) ? kernel module i guess.

Thanks for your efforts.

ps. know anyone/biz giving stuff away in london?

mikethebee

Jan 19, 2017, 6:37:19 AM1/19/17
to Reading Hackspace
Me too, would like to take one if available. Thanks , Mike