1.x to 2.x migration guide

grigoris...@gmail.com

May 19, 2015, 5:25:08 AM5/19/15
to reactor-...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

We have been tasked to migrate a Reactor based project to version 2.x. We've seen posts about a migration guide being in the works.
Is such a guide available somewhere?

Having no deep knowledge of version 1.x, we have trouble finding the equivalent class for the Deferred class of version 1.x as well as the Promise.then() method.

Regards,
-Grigoris

Stephane Maldini

May 19, 2015, 5:46:37 AM5/19/15
to grigoris...@gmail.com, reactor-framework
The equivalent of Deferred t is reactor.rx.broadcast.Broadcaster#create() and is located if you pull reactor-stream library here under io.projectreactor:reactor-stream:2.0.1.RELEASE or onward. The equivalent of Promise is reactor.rx.Promises#ready() etc.

http://projectreactor.io/docs/reference/#reactor-stream

But if you need a Promise.then, reactor.rx.Promise.onSuccess() will be fine :)

Time and Material ask me to finish guide for the project and fix issues for the coming 2.0.2, but I'm happy to assist for the migration case as much as I can.

Stephane Maldini | Solutions Architect, CSO EMEA | London | Pivotal