Exception on launching grails app with RC1 version

matias...@brinqa.com

Feb 20, 2015, 12:10:45 PM2/20/15
to reactor-...@googlegroups.com
I added these dependencies to my grails app:

"io.projectreactor:reactor-core:2.0.0.RC1",
"io.projectreactor:reactor-groovy:2.0.0.RC1",
"io.projectreactor.spring:reactor-spring-context:2.0.0.RC1"

I'm getting this exception:

Fatal error during compilation org.apache.tools.ant.BuildException: java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: reactor/groovy/ext/ObservableExtensions : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0

It looks that it needs JRE 8, isn't it? I can't upgrade my project from Java 7 right now. Is this mandatory?

Thanks,
Matias.

Jon Brisbin

Feb 20, 2015, 3:46:09 PM2/20/15
to matias...@brinqa.com, Reactor Framework
Java should not be mandatory, no. It looks like our CI server is somehow not producing Java 7 version class files, even though I thought we had all that worked out in the build already.

Our settings “should” be right:

compileGroovy {
sourceCompatibility = 1.7
targetCompatibility = 1.7
}
But something is obviously *not* right! :(

I’ll get with our CI guy and see if we can figure something out. I suspect it will mean using build snapshots until we can roll an RC2.

Thanks!

Jon Brisbin
Reactor Project Lead
@j_brisbin | @ProjectReactor

Matias Burak

Feb 20, 2015, 4:01:20 PM2/20/15
to Jon Brisbin, Reactor Framework
Good… i’ll wait for that.
One other thing I've noticed is that springVersion on reactor-spring is 4.1.3.RELEASE. Is Spring 4 mandatory? Is it possible to use it on a Spring 3 project?

Jon Brisbin

Feb 20, 2015, 4:32:49 PM2/20/15
to Matias Burak, Reactor Framework
If you’re not using the TaskExecutors or annotated bean (@Consumer) event handling and are creating Streams directly in @Bean methods, you should be able to use Reactor 2.0 with Spring 3.0 just fine.

AFAIK only the autoconfiguration (@EnableReactor) and use of @Consumer proxy injection would be affected by downgrading to Spring 3. That and I believe the TaskExecutor interfaces are different.

Thanks!

Jon Brisbin
Reactor Project Lead
@j_brisbin | @ProjectReactor

Matias Burak

Feb 23, 2015, 1:05:13 PM2/23/15
to Jon Brisbin, Reactor Framework
Great.
When do you think you’ll have reactor-groovy available for Java 7?

Thanks!
Matias.