BSONObjectID.generate.stringify can return duplicate id?

chao chu

Dec 5, 2016, 9:59:32 PM12/5/16
to reacti...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have encountered this twice in our prod job, where BSONObjectID.generate.stringify returns a same id as some document I have inserted months ago.

I am quite sure for the collection in question, we always generate the id before any insertions and there is only one place to generate the id, which is calling BSONObjectID.generate.stringify.

Is there any chance the function could return duplicates?

I am using 2.10-0.10.5.0.akka22

Thanks!

--
ChuChao

Cédric Chantepie

Dec 6, 2016, 4:10:03 AM12/6/16
to ReactiveMongo - http://reactivemongo.org
There is few chance. Indeed even with a big number of insert I have never seen that.

You can try to make a reproducer.

chao chu

Dec 7, 2016, 3:57:44 AM12/7/16
to reacti...@googlegroups.com
OK, thanks. I will let you know when I have a re-produce.