timeout issue

Hawk Wan

Oct 18, 2017, 9:16:12 AM10/18/17
to ReactiveMongo - http://reactivemongo.org
Hi All,

We did a stress test on reactive mongo in play Application framework, seems that if Mongo is busy with 100% cpu usage (mongo is on another machine), the system is no response and the await is timeout.

As react mongo is async, should I missing any settings?

Thanks
Hawk

Cédric Chantepie

Oct 18, 2017, 1:06:06 PM10/18/17
to ReactiveMongo - http://reactivemongo.org
Reactive/async doesn't mean it can wait forever for the server to answer. It has to fail at some point not to break the application env (e.g. by buffering all data in memory).

Cédric Chantepie

Oct 18, 2017, 1:09:59 PM10/18/17
to ReactiveMongo - http://reactivemongo.org
The failover strategy can be ajusted according the Mongo latency, taking in account that having to wait too long means more waiting threads (or at least Future) on app side, and could be a symptom the Mongo service is not appropriately sized or that the network quality is not good.