Feature Request: SNI on SSL connections (code written!)

John Marshall

Jul 30, 2017, 10:23:56 PM7/30/17
to ReactiveMongo - http://reactivemongo.org
Hi All,
Using ReactiveMongo 0.12.5 I have been unable to connect to MongoDB Atlas (free tier) due to the following error:

"no SNI name sent, make sure using a MongoDB 3.4+ driver/shell"

I see this was mentioned a few months ago in this thread:

where it was suggested to open a Feature Request, but as far as I can see this wasn't done.

I actually have written the fix (it's a few extra lines in driver/core/nodeset.scala), tested that it works against Atlas and have it ready to PR but wanted to go through the proper process.

Thanks for a great library - I'd love to contribute to it!

Cheers,
John

Cédric Chantepie

Jul 31, 2017, 6:28:49 AM7/31/17
to ReactiveMongo - http://reactivemongo.org
Hi,

As indicated in the [contributor guide](https://github.com/ReactiveMongo/ReactiveMongo/blob/master/CONTRIBUTING.md#contributor-workflow), the code must respect some points before being acceptable as PR.

In this case, having an integration test with Atlas would be required.

Best regards

Cédric Chantepie

Sep 1, 2017, 5:13:54 AM9/1/17
to ReactiveMongo - http://reactivemongo.org
Hi, you can try 0.12.7-SNAPSHOT for SNI support.