get the result of a MongoDB shell method

Guillaume

May 18, 2016, 10:36:09 AM5/18/16
to ReactiveMongo - http://reactivemongo.org
Hello,

Is there a way with reactive Mongo to get the result of a MongoDB shell method, and more specifically of the method db.version() ?

It's already possible to get the result of db.serverStatus() directly from reactiveMongo API but I didn't find anything concerning db.version()

Best Regards.
Guillaume

Cédric Chantepie

May 18, 2016, 2:43:30 PM5/18/16
to ReactiveMongo - http://reactivemongo.org
Many Shell functions are JS one specific to this client, not using a MongoDB command. You could check the available MongoDB in the documentations.

Guillaume

May 19, 2016, 4:22:25 AM5/19/16
to ReactiveMongo - http://reactivemongo.org
OK, I understand that db.version() is a Javascript function, and so, is not available as a MongoDB command.

However, reading this from documentation :
Although these methods use JavaScript, most interactions with MongoDB do not use JavaScript but use an idiomatic driver in the language of the interacting application.
I had the hope that reactiveMongo driver has implemented an equivalent method.

Anyway, I've finally used buildInfo MongoDB command which returns version among other useless (in my case) informations.

Thanks for your help.
Guillaume